Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dansko Professonal Women's Clogs

Posted by Debbie on 8/07/01 at 12:37 (055784)

Are these comfortable? How do they compare with Birkenstocks?

Re: Dansko Professonal Women's Clogs

Brenda G. on 8/09/01 at 16:41 (056073)

Hi! I bought Dansko professional clogs today, they are the ones with the back in them, not just a strap. So far, they feel great. After 11 months with PF, about a dozen pairs of shoes later, not to mention how many inserts I've bought, I've determined Birks are not for me. The arch feels great in the birks but the negative heel cup does not! I bought Naots last month and they felt good, but the arch was not sufficient. The Danskos arch is great and the raised heel also. I've also just about given up on my prescription orthotics. I'm trying to find a sneaker that has a good arch, I bought NB yesterday and had to supplement the arch with one over the counter. Oh well, another day, another pair of shoes to try! Good luck. Brenda G.

LoriR on 8/11/01 at 17:50 (056355)

Hi, I also have the Danskos. I have the ones with the backs and I really like them. I purchased them last fall and they are probably the best shoes I own. The arch support isn't overbearing and it does have some cushion to it. I also have Naot sandalls that I wear alot. My feet do get tired in the Naots after a while as the arch and footbed are a little hard after a while. I feel like I have to let my feet rest after wearing them for long periods. I can't wait till it cools down here a little so I can wear my Danskos more often. I also own a pair of Josepf Seibel sandalls that are okay. I've been thinking about trying Birks. I have tried them on in the past and didn't really like the way they fit. But I feel like I'm missing something since everyone seems to rave about them. Maybe a new pair of Danskos would make me feel better! :-)

Re: More questions about Dansko Professional Womens Clogs

Debbie on 8/12/01 at 11:06 (056437)

Thanks for both of your responses. I received a pair on Friday. Did it take some time getting used to them. They just seem so heavy, but that may be because I've been wearing Birkenstock sandals all summer.

Suzanne M on 8/13/01 at hrmin (056540)

Friday evening and Saturday morning I had my old heel discomfort in both feet. Saturday I was on my way to The Walking Co. to find some shoes that would help my pf. Also Saturday morning I received my PowerSet insoles and thought the discomfort would end. No luck with the insert. The manager at The Walking Co. was so helpful and she highly recommended the Dansko Professonal Clogs. I was not sure about these, since the clog look is something I've never worn and was looking for something a little dressy for work (I'm a teacher). I did buy the clogs with the closed back and since I put them on Saturday afternoon, I have not taken them off! They are wonderful and the pf discomfort is gone. At night in the past if I would rub my feet together there would be a sore spot. The past two night I have not had that feeling in my 'bad' foot and only slight soreness in my 'good' foot. I tried on the Birk and did not like the feel of them. Now if I could only get my family to stop calling me 'The little Dutch girl'.

Suzanne

Lori R on 8/16/01 at 15:33 (056915)

Sorry it's taken me a few days to post again. The Danskos were a little heavy at first but much easier to get used to than these Birks I just bought Sun. I also had to get used to the rocker style bottom of the shoe, but now I really like them. I also wasn't thrilled with the look of them in the beginning either but... I can spend a little more time on my feet with them, it's a trade off. I'm thinking I should have bought the Dansko sandalls instead of these Birks but I guess only time will tell.

Take care

Brenda G. on 8/09/01 at 16:41 (056073)

Hi! I bought Dansko professional clogs today, they are the ones with the back in them, not just a strap. So far, they feel great. After 11 months with PF, about a dozen pairs of shoes later, not to mention how many inserts I've bought, I've determined Birks are not for me. The arch feels great in the birks but the negative heel cup does not! I bought Naots last month and they felt good, but the arch was not sufficient. The Danskos arch is great and the raised heel also. I've also just about given up on my prescription orthotics. I'm trying to find a sneaker that has a good arch, I bought NB yesterday and had to supplement the arch with one over the counter. Oh well, another day, another pair of shoes to try! Good luck. Brenda G.

LoriR on 8/11/01 at 17:50 (056355)

Hi, I also have the Danskos. I have the ones with the backs and I really like them. I purchased them last fall and they are probably the best shoes I own. The arch support isn't overbearing and it does have some cushion to it. I also have Naot sandalls that I wear alot. My feet do get tired in the Naots after a while as the arch and footbed are a little hard after a while. I feel like I have to let my feet rest after wearing them for long periods. I can't wait till it cools down here a little so I can wear my Danskos more often. I also own a pair of Josepf Seibel sandalls that are okay. I've been thinking about trying Birks. I have tried them on in the past and didn't really like the way they fit. But I feel like I'm missing something since everyone seems to rave about them. Maybe a new pair of Danskos would make me feel better! :-)

Re: More questions about Dansko Professional Womens Clogs

Debbie on 8/12/01 at 11:06 (056437)

Thanks for both of your responses. I received a pair on Friday. Did it take some time getting used to them. They just seem so heavy, but that may be because I've been wearing Birkenstock sandals all summer.

Suzanne M on 8/13/01 at hrmin (056540)

Friday evening and Saturday morning I had my old heel discomfort in both feet. Saturday I was on my way to The Walking Co. to find some shoes that would help my pf. Also Saturday morning I received my PowerSet insoles and thought the discomfort would end. No luck with the insert. The manager at The Walking Co. was so helpful and she highly recommended the Dansko Professonal Clogs. I was not sure about these, since the clog look is something I've never worn and was looking for something a little dressy for work (I'm a teacher). I did buy the clogs with the closed back and since I put them on Saturday afternoon, I have not taken them off! They are wonderful and the pf discomfort is gone. At night in the past if I would rub my feet together there would be a sore spot. The past two night I have not had that feeling in my 'bad' foot and only slight soreness in my 'good' foot. I tried on the Birk and did not like the feel of them. Now if I could only get my family to stop calling me 'The little Dutch girl'.

Suzanne

Lori R on 8/16/01 at 15:33 (056915)

Sorry it's taken me a few days to post again. The Danskos were a little heavy at first but much easier to get used to than these Birks I just bought Sun. I also had to get used to the rocker style bottom of the shoe, but now I really like them. I also wasn't thrilled with the look of them in the beginning either but... I can spend a little more time on my feet with them, it's a trade off. I'm thinking I should have bought the Dansko sandalls instead of these Birks but I guess only time will tell.

Take care