Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

on the 2nd go-round

Posted by CatherineL on 8/07/01 at 14:35 (055806)

14months and counting...

The new phisiotherapist is treating with vioxx, stretches, new orthotics w/etonic stablepro runners, and phisio.

My question:
The new orthotics were to have a more stable heel and higher arches than my old ones which were ordered just 8 months ago.
While both changes seemed to be a good idea, this is my second day wearing them occasionally and the arches seem to be too high. The arch feels okay (but can feel them slightly pressing at my arch) at rest, but as soon as i stand, they feel too high. Are they supposed to be that high?

Thanx
Catherine

Re: on the 2nd go-round

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/07/01 at 15:02 (055813)

This is way too soon to determine if they are too high .Your foot will take at least six to eight weeks to ajust to the new prescripion. Now if they are cutting into your foot then a call to your doctor is needed. Give them some time.

Re: on the 2nd go-round

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/07/01 at 15:02 (055813)

This is way too soon to determine if they are too high .Your foot will take at least six to eight weeks to ajust to the new prescripion. Now if they are cutting into your foot then a call to your doctor is needed. Give them some time.