Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantars Wart???

Posted by adrienne on 8/07/01 at hrmin (055817)

How do you know if you have one? Does it look like a wart on your hand? I have this area on the ball of my foot that is really uncomfortable to walk on. It feels caloused and there feels like there is a very tiny hard dot. I have had every other foot problem and this is one I have never had. I had neuroma surgery, heel spur, ingrowns, plantar fasciitis, corns, but this is different.

thanks

Re: Plantars Wart???

DR. Zuckerman on 8/07/01 at 16:27 (055818)

A warts will have tiny blood vessels inside of them after your doctor trims the top surface. In addition it will be very painful with side to side compression instead of direct pressure. The location is also helpful in the diagnosis. A quick visit to your local podiatrist can save you alot of problem down the road. Warts are caused be a virus . LEft untreated they can spread and cause severe foot pain

Necee on 8/08/01 at 18:31 (055972)

Hi Adrienne,
I thought I had a plantars wart several months ago, I went to the Pod. because of heel pain on my left foot and while there I had him treat my right foot, it was on the ball of my foot and exactly as you described.
He told me that it was an infected sweat gland, and treated it with an acid patch, which worked. Mine went away and there has been no pain from that since, just wish my heel spur on my left foot would go away!
Hope this has been helpful,
Necee

DR. Zuckerman on 8/07/01 at 16:27 (055818)

A warts will have tiny blood vessels inside of them after your doctor trims the top surface. In addition it will be very painful with side to side compression instead of direct pressure. The location is also helpful in the diagnosis. A quick visit to your local podiatrist can save you alot of problem down the road. Warts are caused be a virus . LEft untreated they can spread and cause severe foot pain

Necee on 8/08/01 at 18:31 (055972)

Hi Adrienne,
I thought I had a plantars wart several months ago, I went to the Pod. because of heel pain on my left foot and while there I had him treat my right foot, it was on the ball of my foot and exactly as you described.
He told me that it was an infected sweat gland, and treated it with an acid patch, which worked. Mine went away and there has been no pain from that since, just wish my heel spur on my left foot would go away!
Hope this has been helpful,
Necee