Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ellen....

Posted by Carmen H on 8/07/01 at 18:37 (055826)

Thank you so much for the post on the Biomechanics information. I apologize that I didn't respond before. I think I forgot I posted in that area....I normally stay on this one and the foot docs page. I print everything I think will be relevant to my case and read it several times for understanding. I am not so goodwith medical terms but I can't wait to read this thoroughly....
Thank you SO much for taking the time to write that out for me.
I didn't want to seem ungrateful.

Re: Ellen....

ellen w on 8/08/01 at 08:45 (055898)

Hi Carmen,

I probably should have posted it on this board initially. There are sometimes so many posts it's hard to keep up -- I too go through periods where I only read this board or the doc page. One thing I thought about your shoe situation last night -- have you had your shoe size measured when your foot is most swollen? This may sound simplistic, but my feet have grown both in width and length over the last several years since my fractured ankle, and at one point several years ago I had a lot of pain related to shoes being too small. Sounds stupid now, but I had no idea that they had grown until I went to a store that specialized in fitting shoes to problem feet.
ellen

Carmen on 8/08/01 at 09:00 (055904)

My feet aren't swollen and haven't ever been.....but here's what I found out last night upon reading that article on In shoe Intervention you recommended. I think this could be my problem!
I have about four of the symptoms and have been diagnosed with them by many doctors....a tilted pelvis, pronation, Piriformus Spasms, Scoliosis.
I have had NO releif from conservative PF treatments, no first step pain, no swelling, no redness or anything like that.
It all has to be related and I am taking this article to my doctor tomorrow and Friday to be tested.
Thank you so much for the article Ellen...if this turns out to be my problem I will be ever ever soooo grateful! I already am...but you know what I mean.

ellen w on 8/08/01 at 08:45 (055898)

Hi Carmen,

I probably should have posted it on this board initially. There are sometimes so many posts it's hard to keep up -- I too go through periods where I only read this board or the doc page. One thing I thought about your shoe situation last night -- have you had your shoe size measured when your foot is most swollen? This may sound simplistic, but my feet have grown both in width and length over the last several years since my fractured ankle, and at one point several years ago I had a lot of pain related to shoes being too small. Sounds stupid now, but I had no idea that they had grown until I went to a store that specialized in fitting shoes to problem feet.
ellen

Carmen on 8/08/01 at 09:00 (055904)

My feet aren't swollen and haven't ever been.....but here's what I found out last night upon reading that article on In shoe Intervention you recommended. I think this could be my problem!
I have about four of the symptoms and have been diagnosed with them by many doctors....a tilted pelvis, pronation, Piriformus Spasms, Scoliosis.
I have had NO releif from conservative PF treatments, no first step pain, no swelling, no redness or anything like that.
It all has to be related and I am taking this article to my doctor tomorrow and Friday to be tested.
Thank you so much for the article Ellen...if this turns out to be my problem I will be ever ever soooo grateful! I already am...but you know what I mean.