Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spurs and PF

Posted by Cris J on 8/07/01 at hrmin (055828)

I've had PF for over 3 years now and have tried every treatment available. I feel like my only hope is to get the shock wave therapy performed on both of my feet. I'm wondering if it is okay to have a doctor who has never performed the procedure, to do SWT treatment. My insurance (BCBS) only covers certain doctors. The doctor that said he'll have access to the ossatron machine and do the treatment is in Naperville, IL. His name is Dr. Buranosky. Any thoughts?? I'm still waiting an approval from my insurance though. Thanks for the help!
Cris

Re: heel spurs and PF

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/07/01 at 20:47 (055848)

So long as he has someone around who has some experience with the treatment

PeteA on 8/08/01 at 08:18 (055895)

Hello Cris,

I am a BCBS insurance holder as well. You had mentioned that there are certain docters that BCBS covers for the ESWT treatment. Can you tell me or send me some information where I can get these list of docters. BCBS are not willing to give this info to me.

Thanks

Cris J on 8/08/01 at 09:44 (055908)

This is for Pete A...I have to go through Naperville Health Care and Associates to get this treatment. They have a list of only a few doctors that can do this procedure, so I can't really pick my doctor. BCBS doesn't cover ESWT right now, but I am in the process of going through an appeal...don't know how long it will take.

Genelle C. on 8/13/01 at 14:32 (056586)

I too would be interested in getting coverage from BCBS. I am in Colorado and desperate to get it done but my case is in 'medical review'--what can one do to get them cover it?!

Cris J on 8/15/01 at 15:55 (056814)

I don't know anything about the appeal yet, but will post it when I find out. I did have my primary doctor and my foot doctor write letters though...it's a start.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/07/01 at 20:47 (055848)

So long as he has someone around who has some experience with the treatment

PeteA on 8/08/01 at 08:18 (055895)

Hello Cris,

I am a BCBS insurance holder as well. You had mentioned that there are certain docters that BCBS covers for the ESWT treatment. Can you tell me or send me some information where I can get these list of docters. BCBS are not willing to give this info to me.

Thanks

Cris J on 8/08/01 at 09:44 (055908)

This is for Pete A...I have to go through Naperville Health Care and Associates to get this treatment. They have a list of only a few doctors that can do this procedure, so I can't really pick my doctor. BCBS doesn't cover ESWT right now, but I am in the process of going through an appeal...don't know how long it will take.

Genelle C. on 8/13/01 at 14:32 (056586)

I too would be interested in getting coverage from BCBS. I am in Colorado and desperate to get it done but my case is in 'medical review'--what can one do to get them cover it?!

Cris J on 8/15/01 at 15:55 (056814)

I don't know anything about the appeal yet, but will post it when I find out. I did have my primary doctor and my foot doctor write letters though...it's a start.