Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Doing Well/PF Surgery April 4, 2001

Posted by Valerie K S on 8/07/01 at 23:31 (055871)

Hello everyone, just thought I'd let you know how my PF surgery turned out. I finally went back to work three weeks ago after PF surgery on April 4th. I am able to wear dress shoes(cloudwalkers) and get around pretty well. I still experience pain with the first few steps in the morning, I am beginning to wonder if that will ever go away. Most days I have very little pain. My incision heeled well and its barely visible. My best advice to give is NEVER go barefoot. I think that walking on the hardwood floors in my house is how this all got started. Anyhow, hang in there and thanks for listening as always.

Valerie K S

Re: Doing Well/PF Surgery April 4, 2001

Paula G. on 8/08/01 at 12:01 (055924)

Valerie, I agree about hardwood floors. My feet were not half as bad as they are now that we live in a home with hardwood floors. I read somewhere that can exaserbate the problem too. Thanks.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/09/01 at hrmin (056095)

Hard surfaces in general can be tough on plantar fasciitis. Consider having a 'house shoe' such as a Birkenstock. The 'Clog Connection' in Seattle manufactures a supportive clog with a soft insert that many patients tell me is more comfortable than Birks (and less expensive).
Ed

Paula G. on 8/08/01 at 12:01 (055924)

Valerie, I agree about hardwood floors. My feet were not half as bad as they are now that we live in a home with hardwood floors. I read somewhere that can exaserbate the problem too. Thanks.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/09/01 at hrmin (056095)

Hard surfaces in general can be tough on plantar fasciitis. Consider having a 'house shoe' such as a Birkenstock. The 'Clog Connection' in Seattle manufactures a supportive clog with a soft insert that many patients tell me is more comfortable than Birks (and less expensive).
Ed