Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

stephanie

Posted by john h on 8/09/01 at 12:05 (056029)

i also wear the birks in the winter stephanie but with black socks. as for letting the house go my wife solved that very easily as i do it all with PF. what's that all about? once i was a proud colonel and jet pilot now i am a whiner and housekeeper. unlike scott i do make the bed.

Re: John h

Tammie on 8/09/01 at 12:16 (056033)

John I am sure your wife loves you very much to allow you to take over the house duites,and interesting enough at least in my case anyways My hubby to helps and he is actually much better at it then myself and gee I hate to admit that! And he once was in the air force , gee maybe they teach better then our moms, sorry mom if u read this lol. I cannot make our bed to suit him in no way so guess what he now does that and is so proud of it lol! And once he complained one to many times about how I made his lunches for work so he now does them to and (I think he wishes ) that he wasnt so picky. But in any case we all tend to whine one time or another and thankfully we have people who love us and allow us to and get it out of our system. Then we can return the favor to them when it is needed! Isnt that something like sharing lol giving and not always taking! I bet you have a wonderful wife as you seem to be a very interesting and caring person!I think this is such a interesting board, to get the glimpse of people at maybe there lowest points and how they deal with it and how they pull themselves up to help and support others! It is a great place, cant say it enough!

Necee on 8/09/01 at 13:30 (056037)

Hi Tammie and John!

The best treatment in the world is being around people who love and support you. That's why I'm going to stay close to this board!
You all are such wonderful people, we can laugh together, and cry together, snd just be there to listen.
My hubby is also good to help out, I never thought I'd see the day when he would wash clothes, make supper and clean up the kitchen! So that's the only good thing that has come from this!! Ha! I'm a very active person and it's just so hard to not be able to do the things I enjoy, like yard work, taking long walks, hiking, you name it, y'all know and understand what I'm talking about.
So dear friends, take care of yourselves and we will visit again soon,
HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU..... UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN....HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU.....KEEP SMILIN ON TILL THEN.......

Love and prayers,
Necee
John, sorry we couldn't chat longer, I loved the icon!

john h on 8/09/01 at 17:48 (056087)

tammie: your husband is my kind of guy if he knows how to make the bed in a military/hospital manner. you should be able to bounce a quarter off of it if made properly. looking at scotts bed in his picture indicates he needs further training in bed making. when they taught us how to make a bed in the military they not only looked at the top of it during an inspection they looked underneath to make sure the sheets and blanket were tucked in very precisely and in a neat manner. military guys 'generally' make good husbands around the house. you will find all clothing hung in an orderly manner. all shoes shinned and lined up. they pick up after themselves and will eat anything you put in front of them. actually they would probably drive you bongos and you would prefer the typial male couch potatoe.

Scott R on 8/09/01 at 19:12 (056094)

tammie: john h is just taking this opportunity to bad-mouth me. Don't pay him any attention. shoes were made for walking (not shining), quarters were made for spending (not bouncing on beds), and beds were made for sleeping (not keeping pretty). leave it to the military to turn such nice things into chores and measures of success and then brag about it.

Re: John h And Scott

Tammie on 8/09/01 at 20:09 (056100)

You both are to funny I had a good chuckle. You both have good points, Yes my hubby was military and he still has to have his drawere neet and gets mad when they get messed a quick story ( my mom used to come and help fold laundry ) She would hate it as hubbys drawers were so neet so she would mess them all up, he would be so mad, but when she would admit he would laugh and u got it they would be cleaned right away! He makes a perfect bed and is much neeter then me I am more like Scott shoes are meant for walking and I like to spend the quarters tho prefer bills much more and well the dust bunnies will be there tomorrow. Now what I do not like is dishes in sink and laundry laying about! I like laundry caught up and dishes done ,eating is another story he is fine but better have his icecream every night for his snack or he will pout and will go to corner and spend a mint on a box, lol. So there are good and bad , but it is nice to have the best of both worlds, he doesnt do dishes I hate to sweep so we either get kids to sweep or he sweeps and I do dishes. He makes a good bed I do laundry well and we save money by not having to buy new underclothes since he likes er pink lol or shirts laundered to hot and shrinkage! So yes I think things can even out but once a military always stays with u, they trained him well!And hehe if u dont like making your bed Scott close the door so noone sees and for goodness sake get rid of any pictures to incriminate u! Take a picture of some bed made wonderful and gloat!

Re: A Real Man?

JudyS on 8/09/01 at 20:34 (056102)

Oh my gosh - sore wrists or not I just couldn't stay away from this....

Sometimes my husband washes dishes, sometimes I rewire outlets, sometimes my husband does the grocery shopping, sometimes I build a deck, sometimes my husband makes breakfast, sometimes I install a new ceiling fan. He can hit a curve ball. I can't. I can cruise the outfield pretty well, he can't. I won't let him near the washing machine but am happy to let him wash the cars! He can't put a wrench in its proper place to save his life (or mine) and I don't have his strength with which to yield that wrench! (No, not on him!) If he wants to bounce a quarter off the bed, that's OK with me......as long as I get to keep the quarter :)

john h on 8/09/01 at 22:01 (056108)

tammie: tell your husband he is da man!!! some day i shall go to alabama and demonstrate to scott how to make a bed. steph lives near by the least she could do is make his darn bed. scott lives near the Air University and they could surely show him how to organize his room. how can he keep such a well organized web site???????

john h on 8/09/01 at 22:02 (056109)

judy you are da woman! way to keep your husband in line.

Stephanie S. on 8/09/01 at 22:22 (056114)

John ..your still 'Da Man' in my book...even 'IF' you wear your's with black socks in the winter. I'm still laughing over Scott's response...I loved it!

Although I'd like a sparkling clean house..it's impossible..I clean one room..they destroy another. I'm near the end of my rope..cannot wait for school to start again...peace is on it's way!

First time EVER that all four will be in school..( I know I know Lisa..you'll be here soon)...I cannot wait to come home and 'just' wash clothes. I have waited 11 really long years for this...I want to do so many things. I want to take everyone to school and go up to the club and work out..finally enjoy being a member..I want to walk the dog...without having to keep up with scooter falls and the baby on the tricyle.

I want to weed the garden and plant new flowers. I want to paint the outside of the house. ( Scott...I know..I sound bored to tears..but I'm not coming over to make your bed for you). I want to really dive into a novel and not have to watch the cartoon channel.

I have all these things lined up that I want to do....and what'd I do? I said 'yes, sure..no problem'..'I'll be room mom and coordinator and volunteer in the library'..duh! What was I thinking??????

See.. John..you've been trained well by Mary..she's #1 to me...if 'only' I knew her tricks...umm....do you do clothes as well? :)

Scott..tomorrow night the girls will be introduced at the Wings game..they're suppose to stand in position with the team players..it'll be pretty neat...you should come up and say 'hellO'...Mary might even be there...:)

Steph

Scott R on 8/10/01 at 07:12 (056137)

You're wanting me to sit still at a baseball game for an hour and a half??? That's impossible, even without caffiene and DHEA.

Stephanie S. on 8/10/01 at 10:08 (056162)

See..I knew you wouldn't come Scott...heehe. You'd be lucky if one of our ballgames only lasted an hour and a half. Most of them we played more than 5 innings..so...we played sometimes up to a 3 hour ballgame. In Decatur..the girl's played 15 straight innings to win the State Championship. That was 5 complete hours of playing. The first game was a 5 inning ballgame..it was a double header..15-20 min later..starting the final game...lasted till the bottom of the 10th inning. Talk about some dirty girls...tired and excited all at the same time...I knew if we had to play a second game that last night..we'd hold up alot better. Dunno why...but they don't give up..they play better the more intense the game is. Believe me..with all the yellin' and cheerin' I did..I'd keep you wide awake! I'd have you cheering too...by the time the night was over.

john h on 8/10/01 at 10:08 (056163)

yes stephanie i wash the clothes (only mine) as she will not let wash hers. i do the yard, make the beds, put the dishes up,vacume,empty the trash,mop the floor. mary shops for groceries because i buy to much junk food, she dust because she does not like the way i dust. i must admit i am what real men would call as 'whipped'. i am not sure how i got into this mess because it all came on so gradual i did not even recognize what was happening. part of the problem is PF because on the weekends mary could not find me as i was running, playing golf, or softball and having a great time and being a 'real man'. now i have no where to hide. i think i should live with scott for a week where would not have to do anything except jump up and down on top of his camray and remember how things used to be.

Stephanie S. on 8/10/01 at 11:05 (056172)

Yes, you are truly whipped...my husband doesn't know how good he has it..he's still in that playing golf, going fishing..etc routine. That is too funny ...mary couldn't catch you...haha. One of these days...I'll have mine in line...just like Mary has you in line...

As for the jumping up and down on the camry....don't you know that's how us Alabamian's have fun? Teehee...

Ahhh..the life....the life of 'once was'...:) Da Man!

Steph

Scott R on 8/10/01 at 23:56 (056271)

No offense John, but you're not pretty enough for me to let you move in. I'm kind to my camry. I did not jump up and down on it, that's what the bed is for, dummy.

Steph, I barely know who the mayor and governor are (bright and segelman, right???). TV is evil and boring except for law and order and maybe star trek. About once a month I read a newspaper to see if I'm missing anything like whether or not we've gone to war. The Advertiser called me trying to get me to buy a subscription one time. I told them I didn't read tabloids, but that I might could use it for stocking up on bird cage floor lining. Kitty litter and plain paper from CVS was cheaper so I told him no thanks, I would just borrow a friend's Wall Street Journal.

I'm glad to see Steph is a fellow nut.

Rich has aids...the governor's hard drive is being looked at everytime he sends out an email attachment...local lawyers are almost as drunk as the judges...there's a 2 foot dope plant sitting outside forensics lab this evening next to gunter...a certain radio personaility got fired for being gay...city mayors used garbage money to pay off Fob...local businesses have legislatures in their pocket like you wouldn't believe...Alabama Power big-wigs killed a guy for exposing the use of power company planes to transport dope...sanders in troy is a major thorough-fare for dope which is why they have so many planes and trucks that sometimes quickly get skirted away back to Troy if they have a wreck...john smith was targeted...Al Dept of Trans-oh boy. See, I don't even read the trash and it still makes it into my ears.

JudyS on 8/11/01 at 01:34 (056277)

Scott, I personally think John IS pretty enough......

Laurie R on 8/11/01 at 01:44 (056279)

I have to put my two cents in here ..... John H is da bomb......... Hey John thanks fo rour chat this am ..... I so enjoyed it ..... Laurie R

Stephanie S. on 8/11/01 at 20:19 (056373)

Yes, it is Mayor Bobby Bright and Governor Don Siegleman....geez Scott!

Hey hey..Lauren just got a letter from the First Lady ..Lori Siegleman...saying she's been keeping up with her ballgames ..what an astounding accomplishment she has done...and congratulations...

Which...more than likely ...she wasn't 'really' keeping up...but hey...it sounded good.

Lauren and her team have been invited to meet with the Senate and the House of Representatives...hmmm...could be interesting.

Her Wing's player that she stood in position with ...he ended up having the same # as her..#29..how wierd...and...she got pictures with one of the known drinkers here...Leg. Perry Hooper. Did you ever catch that clip when he was running for office..and he 'won'? If you missed it ..it was a sight to see...

You know..Mary works for one of the local politicians....

Hmm...the people we see..and the people we know...

Steph

Scott R on 8/11/01 at 21:56 (056380)

You're just aching to set me up with mary. You know i'm an evil heathen, i'm sure she needs a good christian man that makes up his bed. John better not say anything bad about 'light horse harry lee'

Tammie on 8/09/01 at 12:16 (056033)

John I am sure your wife loves you very much to allow you to take over the house duites,and interesting enough at least in my case anyways My hubby to helps and he is actually much better at it then myself and gee I hate to admit that! And he once was in the air force , gee maybe they teach better then our moms, sorry mom if u read this lol. I cannot make our bed to suit him in no way so guess what he now does that and is so proud of it lol! And once he complained one to many times about how I made his lunches for work so he now does them to and (I think he wishes ) that he wasnt so picky. But in any case we all tend to whine one time or another and thankfully we have people who love us and allow us to and get it out of our system. Then we can return the favor to them when it is needed! Isnt that something like sharing lol giving and not always taking! I bet you have a wonderful wife as you seem to be a very interesting and caring person!I think this is such a interesting board, to get the glimpse of people at maybe there lowest points and how they deal with it and how they pull themselves up to help and support others! It is a great place, cant say it enough!

Necee on 8/09/01 at 13:30 (056037)

Hi Tammie and John!

The best treatment in the world is being around people who love and support you. That's why I'm going to stay close to this board!
You all are such wonderful people, we can laugh together, and cry together, snd just be there to listen.
My hubby is also good to help out, I never thought I'd see the day when he would wash clothes, make supper and clean up the kitchen! So that's the only good thing that has come from this!! Ha! I'm a very active person and it's just so hard to not be able to do the things I enjoy, like yard work, taking long walks, hiking, you name it, y'all know and understand what I'm talking about.
So dear friends, take care of yourselves and we will visit again soon,
HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU..... UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN....HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU.....KEEP SMILIN ON TILL THEN.......

Love and prayers,
Necee
John, sorry we couldn't chat longer, I loved the icon!

john h on 8/09/01 at 17:48 (056087)

tammie: your husband is my kind of guy if he knows how to make the bed in a military/hospital manner. you should be able to bounce a quarter off of it if made properly. looking at scotts bed in his picture indicates he needs further training in bed making. when they taught us how to make a bed in the military they not only looked at the top of it during an inspection they looked underneath to make sure the sheets and blanket were tucked in very precisely and in a neat manner. military guys 'generally' make good husbands around the house. you will find all clothing hung in an orderly manner. all shoes shinned and lined up. they pick up after themselves and will eat anything you put in front of them. actually they would probably drive you bongos and you would prefer the typial male couch potatoe.

Scott R on 8/09/01 at 19:12 (056094)

tammie: john h is just taking this opportunity to bad-mouth me. Don't pay him any attention. shoes were made for walking (not shining), quarters were made for spending (not bouncing on beds), and beds were made for sleeping (not keeping pretty). leave it to the military to turn such nice things into chores and measures of success and then brag about it.

Tammie on 8/09/01 at 20:09 (056100)

You both are to funny I had a good chuckle. You both have good points, Yes my hubby was military and he still has to have his drawere neet and gets mad when they get messed a quick story ( my mom used to come and help fold laundry ) She would hate it as hubbys drawers were so neet so she would mess them all up, he would be so mad, but when she would admit he would laugh and u got it they would be cleaned right away! He makes a perfect bed and is much neeter then me I am more like Scott shoes are meant for walking and I like to spend the quarters tho prefer bills much more and well the dust bunnies will be there tomorrow. Now what I do not like is dishes in sink and laundry laying about! I like laundry caught up and dishes done ,eating is another story he is fine but better have his icecream every night for his snack or he will pout and will go to corner and spend a mint on a box, lol. So there are good and bad , but it is nice to have the best of both worlds, he doesnt do dishes I hate to sweep so we either get kids to sweep or he sweeps and I do dishes. He makes a good bed I do laundry well and we save money by not having to buy new underclothes since he likes er pink lol or shirts laundered to hot and shrinkage! So yes I think things can even out but once a military always stays with u, they trained him well!And hehe if u dont like making your bed Scott close the door so noone sees and for goodness sake get rid of any pictures to incriminate u! Take a picture of some bed made wonderful and gloat!

JudyS on 8/09/01 at 20:34 (056102)

Oh my gosh - sore wrists or not I just couldn't stay away from this....

Sometimes my husband washes dishes, sometimes I rewire outlets, sometimes my husband does the grocery shopping, sometimes I build a deck, sometimes my husband makes breakfast, sometimes I install a new ceiling fan. He can hit a curve ball. I can't. I can cruise the outfield pretty well, he can't. I won't let him near the washing machine but am happy to let him wash the cars! He can't put a wrench in its proper place to save his life (or mine) and I don't have his strength with which to yield that wrench! (No, not on him!) If he wants to bounce a quarter off the bed, that's OK with me......as long as I get to keep the quarter :)

john h on 8/09/01 at 22:01 (056108)

tammie: tell your husband he is da man!!! some day i shall go to alabama and demonstrate to scott how to make a bed. steph lives near by the least she could do is make his darn bed. scott lives near the Air University and they could surely show him how to organize his room. how can he keep such a well organized web site???????

john h on 8/09/01 at 22:02 (056109)

judy you are da woman! way to keep your husband in line.

Stephanie S. on 8/09/01 at 22:22 (056114)

John ..your still 'Da Man' in my book...even 'IF' you wear your's with black socks in the winter. I'm still laughing over Scott's response...I loved it!

Although I'd like a sparkling clean house..it's impossible..I clean one room..they destroy another. I'm near the end of my rope..cannot wait for school to start again...peace is on it's way!

First time EVER that all four will be in school..( I know I know Lisa..you'll be here soon)...I cannot wait to come home and 'just' wash clothes. I have waited 11 really long years for this...I want to do so many things. I want to take everyone to school and go up to the club and work out..finally enjoy being a member..I want to walk the dog...without having to keep up with scooter falls and the baby on the tricyle.

I want to weed the garden and plant new flowers. I want to paint the outside of the house. ( Scott...I know..I sound bored to tears..but I'm not coming over to make your bed for you). I want to really dive into a novel and not have to watch the cartoon channel.

I have all these things lined up that I want to do....and what'd I do? I said 'yes, sure..no problem'..'I'll be room mom and coordinator and volunteer in the library'..duh! What was I thinking??????

See.. John..you've been trained well by Mary..she's #1 to me...if 'only' I knew her tricks...umm....do you do clothes as well? :)

Scott..tomorrow night the girls will be introduced at the Wings game..they're suppose to stand in position with the team players..it'll be pretty neat...you should come up and say 'hellO'...Mary might even be there...:)

Steph

Scott R on 8/10/01 at 07:12 (056137)

You're wanting me to sit still at a baseball game for an hour and a half??? That's impossible, even without caffiene and DHEA.

Stephanie S. on 8/10/01 at 10:08 (056162)

See..I knew you wouldn't come Scott...heehe. You'd be lucky if one of our ballgames only lasted an hour and a half. Most of them we played more than 5 innings..so...we played sometimes up to a 3 hour ballgame. In Decatur..the girl's played 15 straight innings to win the State Championship. That was 5 complete hours of playing. The first game was a 5 inning ballgame..it was a double header..15-20 min later..starting the final game...lasted till the bottom of the 10th inning. Talk about some dirty girls...tired and excited all at the same time...I knew if we had to play a second game that last night..we'd hold up alot better. Dunno why...but they don't give up..they play better the more intense the game is. Believe me..with all the yellin' and cheerin' I did..I'd keep you wide awake! I'd have you cheering too...by the time the night was over.

john h on 8/10/01 at 10:08 (056163)

yes stephanie i wash the clothes (only mine) as she will not let wash hers. i do the yard, make the beds, put the dishes up,vacume,empty the trash,mop the floor. mary shops for groceries because i buy to much junk food, she dust because she does not like the way i dust. i must admit i am what real men would call as 'whipped'. i am not sure how i got into this mess because it all came on so gradual i did not even recognize what was happening. part of the problem is PF because on the weekends mary could not find me as i was running, playing golf, or softball and having a great time and being a 'real man'. now i have no where to hide. i think i should live with scott for a week where would not have to do anything except jump up and down on top of his camray and remember how things used to be.

Stephanie S. on 8/10/01 at 11:05 (056172)

Yes, you are truly whipped...my husband doesn't know how good he has it..he's still in that playing golf, going fishing..etc routine. That is too funny ...mary couldn't catch you...haha. One of these days...I'll have mine in line...just like Mary has you in line...

As for the jumping up and down on the camry....don't you know that's how us Alabamian's have fun? Teehee...

Ahhh..the life....the life of 'once was'...:) Da Man!

Steph

Scott R on 8/10/01 at 23:56 (056271)

No offense John, but you're not pretty enough for me to let you move in. I'm kind to my camry. I did not jump up and down on it, that's what the bed is for, dummy.

Steph, I barely know who the mayor and governor are (bright and segelman, right???). TV is evil and boring except for law and order and maybe star trek. About once a month I read a newspaper to see if I'm missing anything like whether or not we've gone to war. The Advertiser called me trying to get me to buy a subscription one time. I told them I didn't read tabloids, but that I might could use it for stocking up on bird cage floor lining. Kitty litter and plain paper from CVS was cheaper so I told him no thanks, I would just borrow a friend's Wall Street Journal.

I'm glad to see Steph is a fellow nut.

Rich has aids...the governor's hard drive is being looked at everytime he sends out an email attachment...local lawyers are almost as drunk as the judges...there's a 2 foot dope plant sitting outside forensics lab this evening next to gunter...a certain radio personaility got fired for being gay...city mayors used garbage money to pay off Fob...local businesses have legislatures in their pocket like you wouldn't believe...Alabama Power big-wigs killed a guy for exposing the use of power company planes to transport dope...sanders in troy is a major thorough-fare for dope which is why they have so many planes and trucks that sometimes quickly get skirted away back to Troy if they have a wreck...john smith was targeted...Al Dept of Trans-oh boy. See, I don't even read the trash and it still makes it into my ears.

JudyS on 8/11/01 at 01:34 (056277)

Scott, I personally think John IS pretty enough......

Laurie R on 8/11/01 at 01:44 (056279)

I have to put my two cents in here ..... John H is da bomb......... Hey John thanks fo rour chat this am ..... I so enjoyed it ..... Laurie R

Stephanie S. on 8/11/01 at 20:19 (056373)

Yes, it is Mayor Bobby Bright and Governor Don Siegleman....geez Scott!

Hey hey..Lauren just got a letter from the First Lady ..Lori Siegleman...saying she's been keeping up with her ballgames ..what an astounding accomplishment she has done...and congratulations...

Which...more than likely ...she wasn't 'really' keeping up...but hey...it sounded good.

Lauren and her team have been invited to meet with the Senate and the House of Representatives...hmmm...could be interesting.

Her Wing's player that she stood in position with ...he ended up having the same # as her..#29..how wierd...and...she got pictures with one of the known drinkers here...Leg. Perry Hooper. Did you ever catch that clip when he was running for office..and he 'won'? If you missed it ..it was a sight to see...

You know..Mary works for one of the local politicians....

Hmm...the people we see..and the people we know...

Steph

Scott R on 8/11/01 at 21:56 (056380)

You're just aching to set me up with mary. You know i'm an evil heathen, i'm sure she needs a good christian man that makes up his bed. John better not say anything bad about 'light horse harry lee'