Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fibromatosis

Posted by Linda on 8/09/01 at hrmin (056048)

Any possiblity that ESWT might be useful in treating plantar fibromatosis?

Re: Fibromatosis

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/09/01 at 16:34 (056070)

No sorry. They did try to use ESWT for this but the results were terrible

Willis B. on 8/23/01 at 17:48 (057722)

Since I am afflicted with this problem(lederhosen) along with PF for some 3 years. I'm interested in knowing if ESWT works if it is used on a Patient with the same problems. According to the German Dr. @ http://www.hmt-ag.ch in an earlier e-mail it was used on someone's mother with some degree of success.

Willis B on 8/25/01 at 15:23 (057950)

This is a clarification of the earlier message. I had hoped that Dr Zuckerman might comment on my question. The earlier message that I referred to was in regard to Roelinde's mother was who apparently had Fibromatosis and treated by Dr Chin-A-Paw in the Netherlands. My question is in essence does it make sense for someone who has Both Fibromatosis and Plantar Fascitis to try treatment with ESWT? I would appreciate your comment.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/09/01 at 16:34 (056070)

No sorry. They did try to use ESWT for this but the results were terrible

Willis B. on 8/23/01 at 17:48 (057722)

Since I am afflicted with this problem(lederhosen) along with PF for some 3 years. I'm interested in knowing if ESWT works if it is used on a Patient with the same problems. According to the German Dr. @ http://www.hmt-ag.ch in an earlier e-mail it was used on someone's mother with some degree of success.

Willis B on 8/25/01 at 15:23 (057950)

This is a clarification of the earlier message. I had hoped that Dr Zuckerman might comment on my question. The earlier message that I referred to was in regard to Roelinde's mother was who apparently had Fibromatosis and treated by Dr Chin-A-Paw in the Netherlands. My question is in essence does it make sense for someone who has Both Fibromatosis and Plantar Fascitis to try treatment with ESWT? I would appreciate your comment.