Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Whoo-Hoo..Go BAMA!!!

Posted by Stephanie S. on 8/09/01 at 22:57 (056121)

Okay..I know..this message is really more for Judy than anybody..but...just found out that not only did our 'angel's' win the World Series...but the older group the 'Deb's' just did the same thing tonight!

GO bama!! Judy they were undefeated as well...they only needed that 1 win...playing up against Virginia..Virginia won the first game like 1-0 ..went into the second game...Montgomery Gray turned around and put the whoopin' on them 12-4...winning the World Series! I told you Alabama likes to pull it off at the end!

Man..what a summer this has been for us all down here ( minus Scott..being that I couldn't talk him into coming to any of the games..:)

To have two teams win the World Series..man, that's huge for us! And not only that..but in the Ponytails..AUM Green ( team up from Angels division)..in the same district..but different league...just won the World Series against Texas. Wow...3 teams from Montgomery Alabama..winning the World Series...in different age groups..that'll never happen again.

Were gonna break the bank for Montgomery Gray buying two teams World Series rings...wow! How exciting! And talk about tomorrow night at the Wings game...what a celebration..the older girls should be back in town!

Judy remember me telling you at the final game..the Deb's came to cheer on the younger age group? I forgot to tell you this part..but at the end...when the Angels did it..they stood in a circle chanting 'Deb's.Deb's Deb's...' It was so emotional..to see them all together...the younger girls wanted the older ones out on the field with them.

And during the game..the Deb's had us doing the 'wave'...sectioned us off ..one side saying 'Ala' and the other 'Bama'..etc. It was really neat! I picked up the pictures the other day...and cried all the way home...so sad it's over...I sure will miss this. Had more fun this summer than ever!

Whew! I just told Lauren about the Deb's win...she's jumping up and down...can't wait to see them tomorrow. I'm so excited for them I can't go to sleep!

Judy..have you ever heard of ASA ball?

Steph

Re: Whoo-Hoo..Go BAMA!!!

JudyS on 8/10/01 at 06:49 (056133)

coached ASA All-Stars for 3 summers.....Ihave no daughters so that was an eye-opener!

Scott R on 8/10/01 at 07:09 (056136)

Those world series games were out of town/state weren't they?

Stephanie S. on 8/10/01 at 09:55 (056155)

We hosted sub-district..played here at Montgomery Gray...won that...went to District in Alex City..won that...went to State in Decatur..won that...came back to play in the first world series to be held in this age division...played in the World Series representing Alabama here in Montgomery out on Ray Thorington Rd...the American League bid and won hosting that one...and man did they clear some major money.With a Montgomery team making it to the World Series..you had lot's and lot's of people there...all of Montgomery Gray and then some...coming out to watch the games.

It nearly broke us going to Decatur...literally..I'm so glad we didn't have to go out of State..we just lucked out..and it happened to be held in town. The Deb's played in their World Series in Spartunburg...(sp) North Carolina. I have to say...we did have alot of fun in Decatur..none of us really wanted to leave...

The girls on the team still had to stay in the hotel just like the other teams..but they never complained...they loved it...deciding on 'how' to do their hair for the next game..blah blah. Besides..it kept them together as a team...just like in Decatur..they did everything together...

So yes and no...some were outta town...but the major one..was played here in Montgomery. I'm surprised you didn't catch it on the news or the paper. Geez..scott! They even played the clip again yesterday morning....you missed it..when the girls won..the head coach sat in the middle of the pitcher's mound..and each girl ..one by one..came up and shaved his head clean! Turned out great..until Shinbaum thought it was a good idea to pour sparkling apple cider on his head...I don't understand that man.

I thought about telling you her team made it..but I figured you already knew...by the news etc. Last I heard..the mayor has asked all the girl's to be dressed in full uniform..to be introduced at the Wing's game tonight at Patterson Field. I heard that the girls will stand in position with the Wings' players...but couldn't tell you for sure if that's going to happen.

They will probably be announced...blah blah...I dunno what the plans are exactly. Guess I'll find out tonight...I'm assuming the Deb's will also be there..they should be...I want to find out when they will be coming in town..so we can meet up with them...and bring them back ..honking all the way. Listen to the radio...I'll be calling to have it announced there too...just like someone did for us when we were driving back...it was really cool to the girls to hear it on the radio. Talk about some screaming...whew....

Steph

JudyS on 8/10/01 at 06:49 (056133)

coached ASA All-Stars for 3 summers.....Ihave no daughters so that was an eye-opener!

Scott R on 8/10/01 at 07:09 (056136)

Those world series games were out of town/state weren't they?

Stephanie S. on 8/10/01 at 09:55 (056155)

We hosted sub-district..played here at Montgomery Gray...won that...went to District in Alex City..won that...went to State in Decatur..won that...came back to play in the first world series to be held in this age division...played in the World Series representing Alabama here in Montgomery out on Ray Thorington Rd...the American League bid and won hosting that one...and man did they clear some major money.With a Montgomery team making it to the World Series..you had lot's and lot's of people there...all of Montgomery Gray and then some...coming out to watch the games.

It nearly broke us going to Decatur...literally..I'm so glad we didn't have to go out of State..we just lucked out..and it happened to be held in town. The Deb's played in their World Series in Spartunburg...(sp) North Carolina. I have to say...we did have alot of fun in Decatur..none of us really wanted to leave...

The girls on the team still had to stay in the hotel just like the other teams..but they never complained...they loved it...deciding on 'how' to do their hair for the next game..blah blah. Besides..it kept them together as a team...just like in Decatur..they did everything together...

So yes and no...some were outta town...but the major one..was played here in Montgomery. I'm surprised you didn't catch it on the news or the paper. Geez..scott! They even played the clip again yesterday morning....you missed it..when the girls won..the head coach sat in the middle of the pitcher's mound..and each girl ..one by one..came up and shaved his head clean! Turned out great..until Shinbaum thought it was a good idea to pour sparkling apple cider on his head...I don't understand that man.

I thought about telling you her team made it..but I figured you already knew...by the news etc. Last I heard..the mayor has asked all the girl's to be dressed in full uniform..to be introduced at the Wing's game tonight at Patterson Field. I heard that the girls will stand in position with the Wings' players...but couldn't tell you for sure if that's going to happen.

They will probably be announced...blah blah...I dunno what the plans are exactly. Guess I'll find out tonight...I'm assuming the Deb's will also be there..they should be...I want to find out when they will be coming in town..so we can meet up with them...and bring them back ..honking all the way. Listen to the radio...I'll be calling to have it announced there too...just like someone did for us when we were driving back...it was really cool to the girls to hear it on the radio. Talk about some screaming...whew....

Steph