Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

still have foot pain after surgery

Posted by wendyw on 8/10/01 at hrmin (056175)

Hi,I am a health care worker on my feet all day and have already had tt on both my feet wear orthotics in my shoes as well as good shoes. I haven't stood to take a shower in 3.5 yrs now and cannot wear any shoes except tennis shoes with the ortho. I still have the pain in my heels as well as my ankles(sometimes very painful). I am currently taking neurontin and vioxx and continue to have pain and I really don't know where else to turn.
In need of help thanks Wendy w.

Re: still have foot pain after surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/10/01 at 16:22 (056220)

What kind of foot surgery did you have. So you have the classic first step poin when first getting up. It is specific to the heel or does the pain travel around the entire plantar fascia

Re: Pain much worse after foot surgery for heel spur

Wanda E. on 8/13/01 at hrmin (056647)

I had foot surgery several years ago and continue to suffer with foot pain caused by scar tissue.

I have been to many physicians, surgeons, and one podaitrist with this 'bad' foot. No one really appears to understand the pain. It is kind of like a headache that's not bad enough to take a pain reliever for, but uncomfortable enough to put a damper on many day to day activities.

Any suggestions? What about the OssaTron? I read about it in my running magazine. It is surprising that I can run, but evidently the stretching helps. It is when I stop that the pain returns. The neurosurgeon who is treating me now for my foot tells me that it is all right for me to run.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/13/01 at 20:13 (056652)

I have had sucess with using ESWT for failed pf and or heel spur surgery. Do you still have the pain at the insertion of the pf into the heel bone

Re: still have foot pain after surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/10/01 at 16:22 (056220)

What kind of foot surgery did you have. So you have the classic first step poin when first getting up. It is specific to the heel or does the pain travel around the entire plantar fascia

Wanda E. on 8/13/01 at hrmin (056647)

I had foot surgery several years ago and continue to suffer with foot pain caused by scar tissue.

I have been to many physicians, surgeons, and one podaitrist with this 'bad' foot. No one really appears to understand the pain. It is kind of like a headache that's not bad enough to take a pain reliever for, but uncomfortable enough to put a damper on many day to day activities.

Any suggestions? What about the OssaTron? I read about it in my running magazine. It is surprising that I can run, but evidently the stretching helps. It is when I stop that the pain returns. The neurosurgeon who is treating me now for my foot tells me that it is all right for me to run.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/13/01 at 20:13 (056652)

I have had sucess with using ESWT for failed pf and or heel spur surgery. Do you still have the pain at the insertion of the pf into the heel bone