Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

posterior tibial tendon dysfuncion

Posted by paula on 8/11/01 at hrmin (056320)

and very very flat pronating feet. also tendonitis and pf. i saw an article on the internet by christopher lake,cpo, about using a custom plastic afo that goes all the way up the calf with various modifications for pttd . how do i find someone who knows about this and can make it for me? so far my useless atlanta doctors suggest an ace bandage and running shoes. do you folks know of a decent doctor in atlanta or within driving distance? or a cpo, (whatever that is) who can make me a custom support like the one in the article?

Re: posterior tibial tendon dysfuncion

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/11/01 at 12:24 (056322)

Hi,

You can find any orthosis and or brace maker that will know exactly the type of foot and ankle moffa type brace you are talking about. When they are made correctly and the patient can tolerate the brace could give you some additional relief and a chance for your Posterior tibial tendon to heal.

I believe if you you the search engine of just ask Richard you will find a list of certifed orthosis makers and brace makers that are board certified like Richard

Re: someone recommended would be better

paula on 8/11/01 at hrmin (056370)

i've been through 'any' medical professionals just listed. it sure hasn't worked for me. i would prefer someone who you guys maybe know of or heard of. I've tried calling blind. I've lost so much time, money, tendon health doing it that way. i really need someone good.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/12/01 at 20:59 (056505)

Where do you live again

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/13/01 at hrmin (056567)

Paula:

There are two 'tried and true' devices for PTTD: Ritchie brace and Mueller TPD. I usually prefer the latter.

See a good podiatrist--re: Dr. Z's recommendation.
Ed

Re: atlanta alas, bad city for hurt foot

paula on 8/13/01 at hrmin (056641)

or so it seems. thank you both for your replies. if you know of good pod or good cpo in my area, please let me know. i will look up ritchie brace and mueller tpd on net and try to explain what they are to my current foot doc....sigh.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/11/01 at 12:24 (056322)

Hi,

You can find any orthosis and or brace maker that will know exactly the type of foot and ankle moffa type brace you are talking about. When they are made correctly and the patient can tolerate the brace could give you some additional relief and a chance for your Posterior tibial tendon to heal.

I believe if you you the search engine of just ask Richard you will find a list of certifed orthosis makers and brace makers that are board certified like Richard

paula on 8/11/01 at hrmin (056370)

i've been through 'any' medical professionals just listed. it sure hasn't worked for me. i would prefer someone who you guys maybe know of or heard of. I've tried calling blind. I've lost so much time, money, tendon health doing it that way. i really need someone good.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/12/01 at 20:59 (056505)

Where do you live again

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/13/01 at hrmin (056567)

Paula:

There are two 'tried and true' devices for PTTD: Ritchie brace and Mueller TPD. I usually prefer the latter.

See a good podiatrist--re: Dr. Z's recommendation.
Ed

Re: atlanta alas, bad city for hurt foot

paula on 8/13/01 at hrmin (056641)

or so it seems. thank you both for your replies. if you know of good pod or good cpo in my area, please let me know. i will look up ritchie brace and mueller tpd on net and try to explain what they are to my current foot doc....sigh.