Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The BarbaraTX Anniversary Birk Giveaway!

Posted by BarbaraTX on 8/11/01 at 12:58 (056326)

In honor of my 2 year pf anniversary, upon which I will celebrate my beautiful,useless feet, I am giving away a pair of Birks. These butter-soft, absolutely unused light brown leather Milanos (Arizonas with a back-strap) will be mailed to your home free of charge, with my compliments. They are size 42 normals. These German beauties have been worn exactly 10 painful minutes before I emitted a primal scream. This was before I actually figured out that I wear a 44, one size bigger than the dainty John H. You may wonder how I have come about this elite knowledge, and I must confess that John let me try on his Birks after we exchanged the secret PF handshake in a hotel room in NJ. An unforgettable experience!

So, be the first to respond with your e-mail address to this message, and they will be headed your way. I am sorry that I must exclude Scott R, who has been searching for any relic that has touched my famous feet, but this offer is for sufferers only. I appreciate all your good wishes as I recover... I will see y'all back in NJ in September.

Eversofondly, BarbaraTX

Re: The BarbaraTX Anniversary Birk Giveaway!

M. Wilson on 8/11/01 at 13:23 (056329)

Never thought I'd be bummed that I only wear a 41...

john h on 8/11/01 at 13:37 (056332)

darn barb! why could they not have been a dainty 43? please do not disclose the secret PF handshake as you know the penalty (one week cleaning up scotts quarters and making his bed).

are you any better than when i lat saw you?

Tammie on 8/11/01 at hrmin (056335)

I have been looking at the birks, but have not bought any to this point was looking at a work shoe, I wear a 7.5 to a 8 normal to wide toe area, I was actually looking at the german site lol trying to figure out size and prices but not sure of either! Was thinking of tracing foot like it says u can and scan it to them for size , as we dont have to close of stores for Birks shoes, we live in country .I had wondered what happend to u as u have not been on to much after u went to the treatment wondered how u were doing as knew u were one that went. Does this mean your feet are still not better then?I am sorry as I had hoped that u were well! Good luck!

Nancy N on 8/11/01 at 15:00 (056337)

I'm with you, M--though the bigger disappointment is that Barb can't wear them herself. Hang in there, my friend! :)

Julie on 8/11/01 at 15:10 (056338)

Barb's Birks are too big for you, Tammie. You're- probably - about a 38. Best thing, if you're interested, is get to a shop where they sell a good range of Birks and have a knowledgeable fitter. Don't order on line till you're of size, style - and above all suitability for your poor old feet.

Julie on 8/11/01 at 15:26 (056339)

That was supposed to read 'till you're SURE of size etc.

Re: Julie

Tammie on 8/11/01 at 15:59 (056343)

Thank u , I have tryed many a shoe on lol I have been after the perfect one, My pt lasy told me to try danskos, so have been looking for them locally, We do have malls about a hour a way but seems they dont always carry thease better type shoes,I have seen some clarks in Kaufmans mall store so I keep searching! I have been sent many catologs which I can order from to but I have heard that u should be fitted so still searching someone told me about 2 hours away is a place that sell birks and danskos and several others. So someday may make the trip to see!The birk site the germany one was kinda funny lol to someone who doesnt know the money conversion either lol my daughter and I were laughing over the sizes 44 and such lol as to us we can only think 7, 8 so forth it brings to mind a very large foot . Tho we do know thease are converted, lolstill a funny thought! We had a good giggle! Thanks for the suggestion and will continue my search, I would like a sandle as my feet get hot in tennis shoes always! Thanks!

Re: Cheery Juice

Glenn X on 8/11/01 at hrmin (056348)

Progress is slow, but I'm getting better. Either that, or this site seems enormously more humorous lately. Laughs by the out-loud everyday. You folks all are wonderful . . . great therapy . . . cheery juice.

John, I've been especially cackled by reminders of the military. Has me paying close attention to my hospital corners.

john h on 8/11/01 at 16:46 (056349)

i think i should clarify the fair barbara's statement. yes john and barb exchanged the secret pf handshake and birks in her 'hotel room'. she did not tell you that the fair judy and nancy were lurking and frolicing nearby so as to view inside our open curtains in the window. we do not want you damsels and knaves to get the wrong idea about our most honorable conduct in these matters of the feet.

john h on 8/11/01 at 16:49 (056350)

glennx: you bet hospital corners. i am preparing a checklist for scott as i type on the military manner of making a bed and specifications of the required equipment. scott may be a tough case but if he is going to lead the heelspurs brigade he will need to be whipped into shape or my name is not John George Patton Holt.

JudyS on 8/11/01 at 18:36 (056360)

hey wait just a second.......nobody told ME about the secret PF handshake! What's up with that? John dear, we were neither frolicing nor lurking in that parking lot. We were checking out that guy over there by the pool....while you two were checking out Birks! TexBarb, I think you need to stick a little closer to us girls...we'll show you the way and will be glad to take you there - even though you haven't shared the secret PF handshake ..... :)

john h on 8/11/01 at 19:18 (056366)

barb is married to a former academy guy. she knows the way to san jose judy.

Kathy on 8/11/01 at hrmin (056368)

Hi Barb,
I wear a size 10 1/2 -11 womens and would love to try the Birks if they are the right size for me. I'm going away for a few days but please feel free to e-mail me if I'm the lucky winner.
Thanks,
Kathy

Re: And the winner is KATHY!

BarbaraTX on 8/11/01 at 20:03 (056372)

A size 42 is about a women's 11, and so the Birks are headed Kathy's way. Congratulations!

Nancy N on 8/11/01 at 21:33 (056379)

Don't worry, Judy, we'll make up our own handshake... that'll show 'em!!!

:)

Re: Good to hear from you TexBarb!

Beverly on 8/12/01 at 22:42 (056509)

Hey TexBarb,

Wish it could have been under better circumstances than your second anniversary of PF, but it sure is good to see your post.
How are you doing? Better? Worse? The Same? Your wit and humor have been missed.

Take care,
Beverly

PS: I had to give up Birks altogether... didn't agree with the achilles tendonitis I aquired this past Spring. Big disappointment. I LOVED my Birks.
I've packed them away in hopes that when and if the achilles thing calms down, I'll be back in them.

JudyS on 8/12/01 at 23:50 (056517)

So Glenn, if you're really in to those hospital corners now, come on over to my house - there's plenty to do! :)

M. Wilson on 8/11/01 at 13:23 (056329)

Never thought I'd be bummed that I only wear a 41...

john h on 8/11/01 at 13:37 (056332)

darn barb! why could they not have been a dainty 43? please do not disclose the secret PF handshake as you know the penalty (one week cleaning up scotts quarters and making his bed).

are you any better than when i lat saw you?

Tammie on 8/11/01 at hrmin (056335)

I have been looking at the birks, but have not bought any to this point was looking at a work shoe, I wear a 7.5 to a 8 normal to wide toe area, I was actually looking at the german site lol trying to figure out size and prices but not sure of either! Was thinking of tracing foot like it says u can and scan it to them for size , as we dont have to close of stores for Birks shoes, we live in country .I had wondered what happend to u as u have not been on to much after u went to the treatment wondered how u were doing as knew u were one that went. Does this mean your feet are still not better then?I am sorry as I had hoped that u were well! Good luck!

Nancy N on 8/11/01 at 15:00 (056337)

I'm with you, M--though the bigger disappointment is that Barb can't wear them herself. Hang in there, my friend! :)

Julie on 8/11/01 at 15:10 (056338)

Barb's Birks are too big for you, Tammie. You're- probably - about a 38. Best thing, if you're interested, is get to a shop where they sell a good range of Birks and have a knowledgeable fitter. Don't order on line till you're of size, style - and above all suitability for your poor old feet.

Julie on 8/11/01 at 15:26 (056339)

That was supposed to read 'till you're SURE of size etc.

Re: Julie

Tammie on 8/11/01 at 15:59 (056343)

Thank u , I have tryed many a shoe on lol I have been after the perfect one, My pt lasy told me to try danskos, so have been looking for them locally, We do have malls about a hour a way but seems they dont always carry thease better type shoes,I have seen some clarks in Kaufmans mall store so I keep searching! I have been sent many catologs which I can order from to but I have heard that u should be fitted so still searching someone told me about 2 hours away is a place that sell birks and danskos and several others. So someday may make the trip to see!The birk site the germany one was kinda funny lol to someone who doesnt know the money conversion either lol my daughter and I were laughing over the sizes 44 and such lol as to us we can only think 7, 8 so forth it brings to mind a very large foot . Tho we do know thease are converted, lolstill a funny thought! We had a good giggle! Thanks for the suggestion and will continue my search, I would like a sandle as my feet get hot in tennis shoes always! Thanks!

Glenn X on 8/11/01 at hrmin (056348)

Progress is slow, but I'm getting better. Either that, or this site seems enormously more humorous lately. Laughs by the out-loud everyday. You folks all are wonderful . . . great therapy . . . cheery juice.

John, I've been especially cackled by reminders of the military. Has me paying close attention to my hospital corners.

john h on 8/11/01 at 16:46 (056349)

i think i should clarify the fair barbara's statement. yes john and barb exchanged the secret pf handshake and birks in her 'hotel room'. she did not tell you that the fair judy and nancy were lurking and frolicing nearby so as to view inside our open curtains in the window. we do not want you damsels and knaves to get the wrong idea about our most honorable conduct in these matters of the feet.

john h on 8/11/01 at 16:49 (056350)

glennx: you bet hospital corners. i am preparing a checklist for scott as i type on the military manner of making a bed and specifications of the required equipment. scott may be a tough case but if he is going to lead the heelspurs brigade he will need to be whipped into shape or my name is not John George Patton Holt.

JudyS on 8/11/01 at 18:36 (056360)

hey wait just a second.......nobody told ME about the secret PF handshake! What's up with that? John dear, we were neither frolicing nor lurking in that parking lot. We were checking out that guy over there by the pool....while you two were checking out Birks! TexBarb, I think you need to stick a little closer to us girls...we'll show you the way and will be glad to take you there - even though you haven't shared the secret PF handshake ..... :)

john h on 8/11/01 at 19:18 (056366)

barb is married to a former academy guy. she knows the way to san jose judy.

Kathy on 8/11/01 at hrmin (056368)

Hi Barb,
I wear a size 10 1/2 -11 womens and would love to try the Birks if they are the right size for me. I'm going away for a few days but please feel free to e-mail me if I'm the lucky winner.
Thanks,
Kathy

Re: And the winner is KATHY!

BarbaraTX on 8/11/01 at 20:03 (056372)

A size 42 is about a women's 11, and so the Birks are headed Kathy's way. Congratulations!

Nancy N on 8/11/01 at 21:33 (056379)

Don't worry, Judy, we'll make up our own handshake... that'll show 'em!!!

:)

Re: Good to hear from you TexBarb!

Beverly on 8/12/01 at 22:42 (056509)

Hey TexBarb,

Wish it could have been under better circumstances than your second anniversary of PF, but it sure is good to see your post.
How are you doing? Better? Worse? The Same? Your wit and humor have been missed.

Take care,
Beverly

PS: I had to give up Birks altogether... didn't agree with the achilles tendonitis I aquired this past Spring. Big disappointment. I LOVED my Birks.
I've packed them away in hopes that when and if the achilles thing calms down, I'll be back in them.

JudyS on 8/12/01 at 23:50 (056517)

So Glenn, if you're really in to those hospital corners now, come on over to my house - there's plenty to do! :)