Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What does FACFAS & AACFAS mean?

Posted by Carmel M on 8/11/01 at 18:57 (056362)

I did a search for doctors on the ACFAS site, but I'm not sure what FACFAS & AACFAS mean...could you enlighten me?
Thanks

Re: What does FACFAS & AACFAS mean?

Dr.Zuckerman on 8/11/01 at 21:27 (056377)

Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. What this means is that you have been board certifed by the American Board of Podiatric Foot Surgeons. The other title is Associate. This means you have joined the the american colllege of foot and ankle surgeons but are still in the process of board certification.

Board certication consists of oral test, written testing and submission of certain types of foot and or ankle surgical cases.

Re: What does FACFAS & AACFAS mean?

Dr.Zuckerman on 8/11/01 at 21:27 (056377)

Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. What this means is that you have been board certifed by the American Board of Podiatric Foot Surgeons. The other title is Associate. This means you have joined the the american colllege of foot and ankle surgeons but are still in the process of board certification.

Board certication consists of oral test, written testing and submission of certain types of foot and or ankle surgical cases.