Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Questions about Birkenstocks

Posted by Debi on 8/12/01 at 11:04 (056436)

I've started having a problem with my foot in July. I've been wearing Birkenstocks that I had (not sure of type, maybe Florida). They've made the pain bearable. Since, fall is approaching, I recently ordered Clarmonts, but I find the footprint collection does not work for me. I'm now waiting for a pair of Paris because they have the classic footbed. I see that some styles have a padded footbed. Has anyone had good results with these. Sometimes, I do think I would like some padding on the bottom of the shoe, but I want to see what other say. Thanks very much.

Re: Questions about Birkenstocks

nancy s. on 8/12/01 at 18:08 (056488)

hi debi,
after almost two years of wearing classic birks (and getting plenty of relief from them), i ordered two pairs of the soft footbed birks from germany. they just arrived yesterday, and they are paradise! they have all the support of the classics, but the extra bit of softness makes them even better -- for me, at least. i think now i'll be able to listen to music through those headsets at borders books for an hour without having to sit on the floor about halfway through. give them a try; you might like them too!
i have bostons and montereys in the softer footbed.
nancy s.

Debi on 8/12/01 at 19:10 (056496)

Thanks Nanci - they sound great!

Carmel M on 8/12/01 at 19:45 (056500)

I've been a Birk wearer for many years myself. The owner of the store I went to the other day said the soft soled Birks might not offer the all the support of the firm foot bed Birks, so I didn't even try them on. Then I went back the other day and they had a clearance sale on all kinds of shoes, ie: Mephistos, Naots, Birks and Clarks...well just for fun I put on a pair of Naots (it has a soft foot bed similar to the Birk) and it feel wonderful!!! Needless to say I bought it...couldn't resist, it was 60% of regular price!

So try the soft footbed Birk, you might just like it!
Carmel

Suzanne S on 8/18/01 at 20:35 (057123)

I have been wearing a pair of soft footbed Arizonas for 2 weeks, and they have helped my foot pain tremendously! This is my first experience with Birkenstocks, but I can say that they appear to offer the right support while also being comfortable and soft.

nancy s. on 8/12/01 at 18:08 (056488)

hi debi,
after almost two years of wearing classic birks (and getting plenty of relief from them), i ordered two pairs of the soft footbed birks from germany. they just arrived yesterday, and they are paradise! they have all the support of the classics, but the extra bit of softness makes them even better -- for me, at least. i think now i'll be able to listen to music through those headsets at borders books for an hour without having to sit on the floor about halfway through. give them a try; you might like them too!
i have bostons and montereys in the softer footbed.
nancy s.

Debi on 8/12/01 at 19:10 (056496)

Thanks Nanci - they sound great!

Carmel M on 8/12/01 at 19:45 (056500)

I've been a Birk wearer for many years myself. The owner of the store I went to the other day said the soft soled Birks might not offer the all the support of the firm foot bed Birks, so I didn't even try them on. Then I went back the other day and they had a clearance sale on all kinds of shoes, ie: Mephistos, Naots, Birks and Clarks...well just for fun I put on a pair of Naots (it has a soft foot bed similar to the Birk) and it feel wonderful!!! Needless to say I bought it...couldn't resist, it was 60% of regular price!

So try the soft footbed Birk, you might just like it!
Carmel

Suzanne S on 8/18/01 at 20:35 (057123)

I have been wearing a pair of soft footbed Arizonas for 2 weeks, and they have helped my foot pain tremendously! This is my first experience with Birkenstocks, but I can say that they appear to offer the right support while also being comfortable and soft.