Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Relief

Posted by LisaG on 8/12/01 at 17:11 (056483)

Well, the cortisone shot I received about 5 days ago has kicked in...I have only very little pain right now! Will it last??

Re: Relief

Carmel M on 8/12/01 at 19:37 (056499)

I think the longest mine ever lasted was 3 months, maybe 3 1/2 tops. The first time I had a shot and the pain went away I thought I was cured! Silly me! That's kind of my Pods fault though...he said sometimes all it takes is a shot of cortisone to heal the PF.

Carmel

LisaG on 8/13/01 at 02:28 (056528)

When the PF came back, was it worse or the same? Is it wise to act as though it's still hurting and keep off my feet as much as possible? If I start taking walks again, will I pay for it later? By the way, my doctor also said that the shot COULD cure PF, but that it's not the usual scenario.

Carmel M on 8/13/01 at 14:36 (056588)

The pain seems to come back gradually taking weeks to become full-fledged pain. And yes, i think it's wise to act as if it's still hurting...keep off it as much as possible, ice and stretch (if you have been stretching) and generally just baby your feet. Of course that's easier said than done! And honestly, I didn't follow my own advice after the last shot...we were leaving for a three week vacation, so I acted as though my foot was all better. I should have taken it easy.

Carmel

Clara on 8/14/01 at 08:34 (056685)

I first got 2 shots in each foot. It was rather good at first, but later it had no effect, after 3 months I got 1 shot in my right foot, but it didn´t help at all, I think the acupuncture has helped me better. But it´s individual.

I hope it´ll help you! Remember, it takes time, let it take time!

Clara

Re: Relief/Acupuncture

Michelle M. on 8/15/01 at 13:59 (056803)

Hi Clara--

I am very curious about acupuncture. How many treatments have you had? I have had 2 shots in my left foot, both times lasting 3 months each. However, I'm not very disciplined and I too believed my doctor when he said the shots would 'cure' the inflammation. Ha! I'm now interested in exploring some alternative medicine routes. What can you share?

Michelle

Clara on 8/21/01 at 03:14 (057393)

Hi Michelle M!

Sorry that I haven´t answered your post - I have been working a lot - and yes, I feel much better. I got PF in february this year. I´ve got 3 shots, they helped at first, then later on the PF got worse. So I went to a acupuncurist, and I have got acu for about 15 times now, it´s rather expensive, but it helps me! I think you should test it, search for acupuncture in the search-field, and there you can se how many who got helped with acupuncture. Then upon this I have got ultrasound, too, and I think that this both treatments is good for me. It´s individual. Then I´ve been bicycling a lot, and I do lots of yoga-practising, taping, inserts and all that stuff.. I have been helped with glucosamine pills too.

Well, about the acu, I must tell you that the needles DOES hurt at first, but only for the first 2 seconds, then it´s heaven, I think!!

I will start working halftime next week - I long for it - AND I´m afraid! This is a problem, I have always been a very positive and happy person, but this PF-thing has dragged me down a little. BUT I will not give up!!!
I also think that the PF has maked me more thankful towards life!!

Take care

Clara

tammie on 8/21/01 at 12:57 (057435)

Clara, I wish the best for you as you do seem to have things in order! You also have what I thought i once had positive and happy person, pf and the nerve stuff has not been so kind to my emotions they have left me a blubbering whiney emotional fool. And every time I try to get it together something knocks me right back down. How do you find the strenghth to stay in control of your self, and overcome thease feelings ? I am failing fast how many times can u pick yourself up and dust of the fanny and grin and bear it before u lose it? Thinking healing has to be as much as helaing the mind as well as the injury.I am glad to read your success and will look toward yours to find mine. If that makes any sense! Good luck with returning to work take care of yourself and look foward to hearing the good news!

Carmel M on 8/12/01 at 19:37 (056499)

I think the longest mine ever lasted was 3 months, maybe 3 1/2 tops. The first time I had a shot and the pain went away I thought I was cured! Silly me! That's kind of my Pods fault though...he said sometimes all it takes is a shot of cortisone to heal the PF.

Carmel

LisaG on 8/13/01 at 02:28 (056528)

When the PF came back, was it worse or the same? Is it wise to act as though it's still hurting and keep off my feet as much as possible? If I start taking walks again, will I pay for it later? By the way, my doctor also said that the shot COULD cure PF, but that it's not the usual scenario.

Carmel M on 8/13/01 at 14:36 (056588)

The pain seems to come back gradually taking weeks to become full-fledged pain. And yes, i think it's wise to act as if it's still hurting...keep off it as much as possible, ice and stretch (if you have been stretching) and generally just baby your feet. Of course that's easier said than done! And honestly, I didn't follow my own advice after the last shot...we were leaving for a three week vacation, so I acted as though my foot was all better. I should have taken it easy.

Carmel

Clara on 8/14/01 at 08:34 (056685)

I first got 2 shots in each foot. It was rather good at first, but later it had no effect, after 3 months I got 1 shot in my right foot, but it didn´t help at all, I think the acupuncture has helped me better. But it´s individual.

I hope it´ll help you! Remember, it takes time, let it take time!

Clara

Michelle M. on 8/15/01 at 13:59 (056803)

Hi Clara--

I am very curious about acupuncture. How many treatments have you had? I have had 2 shots in my left foot, both times lasting 3 months each. However, I'm not very disciplined and I too believed my doctor when he said the shots would 'cure' the inflammation. Ha! I'm now interested in exploring some alternative medicine routes. What can you share?

Michelle

Clara on 8/21/01 at 03:14 (057393)

Hi Michelle M!

Sorry that I haven´t answered your post - I have been working a lot - and yes, I feel much better. I got PF in february this year. I´ve got 3 shots, they helped at first, then later on the PF got worse. So I went to a acupuncurist, and I have got acu for about 15 times now, it´s rather expensive, but it helps me! I think you should test it, search for acupuncture in the search-field, and there you can se how many who got helped with acupuncture. Then upon this I have got ultrasound, too, and I think that this both treatments is good for me. It´s individual. Then I´ve been bicycling a lot, and I do lots of yoga-practising, taping, inserts and all that stuff.. I have been helped with glucosamine pills too.

Well, about the acu, I must tell you that the needles DOES hurt at first, but only for the first 2 seconds, then it´s heaven, I think!!

I will start working halftime next week - I long for it - AND I´m afraid! This is a problem, I have always been a very positive and happy person, but this PF-thing has dragged me down a little. BUT I will not give up!!!
I also think that the PF has maked me more thankful towards life!!

Take care

Clara

tammie on 8/21/01 at 12:57 (057435)

Clara, I wish the best for you as you do seem to have things in order! You also have what I thought i once had positive and happy person, pf and the nerve stuff has not been so kind to my emotions they have left me a blubbering whiney emotional fool. And every time I try to get it together something knocks me right back down. How do you find the strenghth to stay in control of your self, and overcome thease feelings ? I am failing fast how many times can u pick yourself up and dust of the fanny and grin and bear it before u lose it? Thinking healing has to be as much as helaing the mind as well as the injury.I am glad to read your success and will look toward yours to find mine. If that makes any sense! Good luck with returning to work take care of yourself and look foward to hearing the good news!