Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I need to know what to expect after surg.

Posted by karma on 8/12/01 at 18:57 (056495)

I have both tts and pf and will have surg in sept will i have a cast or dressing i dont know what to expect should i use crutches or a walker any info will help. Thanks for your time...............

Re: I need to know what to expect after surg.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/12/01 at 20:58 (056503)

This is going to depend on your surgeon. It is very important that you discuss the entire after care program before the surgery. Crutch training may be necessary

Andrea R. on 8/13/01 at 11:25 (056563)

Karma,

If you are going to be on crutches, get a well padded pair of bicycle gloves. Also, get the crutch training before surgery.

karma on 8/15/01 at 21:01 (056848)

thanks for the information will let you know how things go....

Lisa C on 8/16/01 at 21:09 (056950)

I had surgery in March.It's a very long battle.I had crutches.But it killed me to sit for long time.I used a desk chair to get around the house.I had a wonderful husband,kids,family to help.The doctor said i would need to stay home a full week.Second week part-time.It was a lie. I was able to return to work full time for 8 weeks.The scar was bigger than expected.It didn't have a lot of pain after the surgery.It's been 4 months and still suffer.I've had 2 cortozone shots and been on anit-flammtory pills nothing helps.Lisa

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/12/01 at 20:58 (056503)

This is going to depend on your surgeon. It is very important that you discuss the entire after care program before the surgery. Crutch training may be necessary

Andrea R. on 8/13/01 at 11:25 (056563)

Karma,

If you are going to be on crutches, get a well padded pair of bicycle gloves. Also, get the crutch training before surgery.

karma on 8/15/01 at 21:01 (056848)

thanks for the information will let you know how things go....

Lisa C on 8/16/01 at 21:09 (056950)

I had surgery in March.It's a very long battle.I had crutches.But it killed me to sit for long time.I used a desk chair to get around the house.I had a wonderful husband,kids,family to help.The doctor said i would need to stay home a full week.Second week part-time.It was a lie. I was able to return to work full time for 8 weeks.The scar was bigger than expected.It didn't have a lot of pain after the surgery.It's been 4 months and still suffer.I've had 2 cortozone shots and been on anit-flammtory pills nothing helps.Lisa