Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Its ESWT Time!

Posted by Susan P on 8/13/01 at 11:03 (056558)

Well the time has come. I have suffered for 9 painful months with PF. I have exhausted all conservative methods to heal myself. I just finished 4 weeks of physical therapy. I learned alot of good stretches that have helped ease my pain. The pain level is still not tolerable, I will not live with this. I have an appointment this Wednesday with Dr. Z. His office is about 2 hrs from my home so I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones to be so close to him. I have an 11 am appt. for evaluation and if I am a good candidate he will perform ESWT afterwards. I truly hope I am. I am nervous and hope that the pain will be better after treatment and not worse. Please everyone wish me lots of luck. This mom with 3 sons who will be going back to school is September needs to be able to take care of her boys. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks Susan

Re: Its ESWT Time!

tammie on 8/13/01 at 12:49 (056572)

Dear Susan,
I do really wish you luck and one better I will include you in my prayers! I hope that soon you will find your relief from this awful foot monster! And so that you can keep up with those boys, as I only had 2 but oh can they keep u going lol,never a dull moment! So hope you have a positive expierance and sounds like you got the dr. for it ! Lots of luck and looking foward to hearing good news! It is time some good things happen for people! Huggggggggggsssssssssssss And positive thinking now!
+

Re: Its ESWT Time!/Lucky You!!

Donna M on 8/13/01 at 15:57 (056606)

Lucky you Susan!! I wish Dr. Z was close to me, but I am not that fortunate!! Good luck!!!
Donna

Necee on 8/13/01 at 19:35 (056646)

Hi Susan,
Well, best of luck to you as you get 'The Treatment'.
I know that you are very anxious to get this over with so that you can get on with your life. I wish that for everyone here on this board. Some of us are not as fortunate as you to live close to Dr Z. From what I read, he is a very caring and compassionate Dr. So you will be in good hands.
If your listening, Dr. Z how about a Mobile ESWT unit!
Anyway, good luck to you Susan. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes.
I will be praying for you.
Necee

Re: Good Idea Necee~~Mobile ESWT!!!

Donna M on 8/13/01 at 23:47 (056674)

That is an awesome idea!! Not only would more of us have an opportunity to get EWST, we'd get to meet Dr.Z!! Then Dr.Z and his wife could also use that as an opportunity to see didn't parts of the US and have many mini vacations!!!
Really good idea Necee!!!

Re: Thank you all

Susan P on 8/14/01 at 20:22 (056750)

Hi Everyone, Thank you all for your kind words and especially prayers. It is 9:00pm Tuesday night and my stomach is jumpy and I don't think I will get much sleep tonight. I will let you all know how it went as soon as I can. Have a good night. Susan

Re: Susan

Tammie on 8/14/01 at 21:40 (056759)

Something tells me you will be in good hands!I hope that all goes well as I am sure it will, Dr. Z sounds like he is a wonderful caring Dr. and really takes time with his patients! I hope you get to post back and tell us good news! Try to sleep our friend as you surly need it! Good luck and You are in my prayers tonight! As well as Dr. Z to continue his helpfulness to those in pain! Sleep well my friend dream of feet that feel good and keeping up to those boys!

JudyS on 8/14/01 at 21:58 (056761)

Susan....you will be fine, trust me. You are not in better hands. Oh, and, don't forget to sneak a peak in the special bathtub.....:)

tammie on 8/13/01 at 12:49 (056572)

Dear Susan,
I do really wish you luck and one better I will include you in my prayers! I hope that soon you will find your relief from this awful foot monster! And so that you can keep up with those boys, as I only had 2 but oh can they keep u going lol,never a dull moment! So hope you have a positive expierance and sounds like you got the dr. for it ! Lots of luck and looking foward to hearing good news! It is time some good things happen for people! Huggggggggggsssssssssssss And positive thinking now!
+

Re: Its ESWT Time!/Lucky You!!

Donna M on 8/13/01 at 15:57 (056606)

Lucky you Susan!! I wish Dr. Z was close to me, but I am not that fortunate!! Good luck!!!
Donna

Necee on 8/13/01 at 19:35 (056646)

Hi Susan,
Well, best of luck to you as you get 'The Treatment'.
I know that you are very anxious to get this over with so that you can get on with your life. I wish that for everyone here on this board. Some of us are not as fortunate as you to live close to Dr Z. From what I read, he is a very caring and compassionate Dr. So you will be in good hands.
If your listening, Dr. Z how about a Mobile ESWT unit!
Anyway, good luck to you Susan. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes.
I will be praying for you.
Necee

Re: Good Idea Necee~~Mobile ESWT!!!

Donna M on 8/13/01 at 23:47 (056674)

That is an awesome idea!! Not only would more of us have an opportunity to get EWST, we'd get to meet Dr.Z!! Then Dr.Z and his wife could also use that as an opportunity to see didn't parts of the US and have many mini vacations!!!
Really good idea Necee!!!

Susan P on 8/14/01 at 20:22 (056750)

Hi Everyone, Thank you all for your kind words and especially prayers. It is 9:00pm Tuesday night and my stomach is jumpy and I don't think I will get much sleep tonight. I will let you all know how it went as soon as I can. Have a good night. Susan

Re: Susan

Tammie on 8/14/01 at 21:40 (056759)

Something tells me you will be in good hands!I hope that all goes well as I am sure it will, Dr. Z sounds like he is a wonderful caring Dr. and really takes time with his patients! I hope you get to post back and tell us good news! Try to sleep our friend as you surly need it! Good luck and You are in my prayers tonight! As well as Dr. Z to continue his helpfulness to those in pain! Sleep well my friend dream of feet that feel good and keeping up to those boys!

JudyS on 8/14/01 at 21:58 (056761)

Susan....you will be fine, trust me. You are not in better hands. Oh, and, don't forget to sneak a peak in the special bathtub.....:)