Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

answers to acu-flex queries, and a miracle cure for your slice

Posted by alank on 8/14/01 at 00:26 (056675)

I am afraid I am going have to disappear again, as I am off to the temple for secluded meditation for a while.

But thanks for the hearty hello everyone. I have to admit that although I have made progress through golf, strangely enough, it does make me nervous to see other people thinking of taking it up again. That proves that the old habits of thought are still strong in me. Everyone please be careful, but do consider with your physician walking on soft, uneven grassy surfaces a bit if you have stalled out on progress for some time (By that I mean consider the pros and cons with you physician, not actually go for a walk with her, since that would be unprofessional).

As for the website and product, Patcharee and I will be returning to the country at the end of the year, and will consider re-opening at that point, if scott continues to extend his support, which is something I would take up with him should the occasion arise. He is not the type to stand between people and what might help them, and he is surprisingly responsible with the position of power that fell upon him almost accidentally. He is the one and only viable internet portal for foot pain, a sort of David Cameron 'King of the World' of pf, and could if he wanted funnel all the interest into his own 'pf-stick'- a 12 inch dowel for 99.95, if he wanted. Three cheers for scott.

The problem with me re-opening is I am not what you would call an 'organizational wizard,' and running the business details is something I continually bungle, and the whole enterprise is very time-consuming. For instance, I still haven't filed taxes for Integrated Health Science and will incur large penalties, even though IHS doesn't owe any taxes since it did not make a net profit. I just keep procrastinating about filing.

I was thinking of producing informational videos while here, since I have all the access I need to Thai medicine and practioners right now. Videos are alot less time consuming to sell (since all you do is copy them) and can be offered at affordable prices. Of course Acu-Flex would also be available as well. But will all this happen? I don't really know right now, but just coming back to the board now I already feel touched by the spirit of the people here and perhaps I might do just that.

As for questions of the golf swing, the finishing position in fact does not put much pressure on the back foot's pf (right foot for right handers) as it is not weight bearing in the finishing position and rises almost effortlessly with the momentum of the swing, unless you are a terrible slicer. Yes, pf can cure your slice, since you should be finishing with all weight on your front foot. It is the front foot that may be dicey, as it does take a sudden shift of weight. But what a golf swing does if done right is integrate the motions of your body from head to toe, so that jerky exercise is less likely and muscles are conditioned to work in integrated systems from toe to calf to thigh hips and abdomen, etc. Actually the more I think about it now, the more I should have thought of golf earlier. But of course, my main point is not really about golf per se.

Maybe some of you could think of other exercises that reproduce flowing movements without jumping and bouncing, while on your feet. Or you could just spontaneously do them while walking down the street. Send me a picture.

Oh, one more note: I forgot to say that I started golfing in Birkenstocks but quickly evolved tendon problems which were cured by switching to golf shoes. The point being: while birks are a miracle for many (they were for myself as well), they may have drawbacks as well, especially since they are not really optimal for very active uses (inflexible sole, low heel position, no ankle support, etc.).

bye for now, alank

Re: answers to acu-flex queries, and a miracle cure for your slice

nancy s. on 8/14/01 at 00:38 (056676)

bye alan . . . . . . so sorry i missed you! i miss you very much on the board but am happy that things are going so well for you. you gave me an idea, to take a walk with my doc, and even though you said not to do it, i'm considering it.
nancy

Re: answers to acu-flex queries, and a miracle cure for your slice

nancy s. on 8/14/01 at 00:38 (056676)

bye alan . . . . . . so sorry i missed you! i miss you very much on the board but am happy that things are going so well for you. you gave me an idea, to take a walk with my doc, and even though you said not to do it, i'm considering it.
nancy