Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Calling the doc....

Posted by Carmen H on 8/14/01 at 13:11 (056722)

I am curious as to why I don't experience first step pain AT ALL in the morning. I mean my feet feel the BEST in the morning. Until about 5 minutes on my feet...then they start to ache a little. But the true pain comes at the very end of the day when the burning gets so bad it ruins me to get up and walk to the kitchen.
but all day the pain is about a 4 or 5 as long as I just walk normally and don't do too much. If I swim in the morning it's worse during the day but mostly night at bedtime it's BAD.
My Fascia is soooo tight that when I flex my feet the part that is attached at the big toe is like a piece of wood or metal sticking out. What could that be? How can I fix that?

Re: What I meant...

Carmen H on 8/14/01 at 16:21 (056740)

I meant...how can I help lossen it....lord knows there is NO easy 'fix' for these feet of mine.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/15/01 at hrmin (056779)

Not classical symptoms of plantar fasciitis. Need to know a lot more about your foot problems. Will be heading to APMA convention in Chicago and be back Sunday night to answer.
Ed

Carmen H on 8/14/01 at 16:21 (056740)

I meant...how can I help lossen it....lord knows there is NO easy 'fix' for these feet of mine.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/15/01 at hrmin (056779)

Not classical symptoms of plantar fasciitis. Need to know a lot more about your foot problems. Will be heading to APMA convention in Chicago and be back Sunday night to answer.
Ed