Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

botox injections for PF

Posted by Nancy W on 8/14/01 at hrmin (056735)

I have Pf in my left foot and have tried almost all of the conventional theapies. MY dr. wants to do surgery, but after reading the surgical message board, I will save that for my absolute last resort. A friend of a friend in anothe state said that she had botox injections for PF and it cleared up. Do you have any information on this treatment and if it is valid, what kind of doctor or alternative specility would I find to do this. Thanks so much for the message board. I am very discouraged over this problem and am glad to know that some people have found success in treating it.

Re: botox injections for PF

BG CPed on 8/14/01 at 20:36 (056752)

Not a Dr here just curious on this question. The pf is a ligament. Does Botox not have influence on muscle? If it does have a weakening influence on ligament what good would that do to 'relax' the plantar fascia? If it does reduce symptoms is it possible that it deadens nerves/pain receptors?

Re: botox injections for PF

BG CPed on 8/14/01 at 20:36 (056752)

Not a Dr here just curious on this question. The pf is a ligament. Does Botox not have influence on muscle? If it does have a weakening influence on ligament what good would that do to 'relax' the plantar fascia? If it does reduce symptoms is it possible that it deadens nerves/pain receptors?