Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

area of plantar pain?

Posted by Jay on 8/15/01 at 07:13 (056776)

Question for the doctors, or the entire board:
Can the pain of plantar 'migrate' along the entire foot, or is it normally isolated to one area? Sometimes I have the pain along the bottom of the foot, in the 'traditional' area, but other times it is under my toes or in the heel area. Recent x-rays were negative for fractures, and I just started stretching. Thank you.

Re: area of plantar pain?

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/15/01 at 15:01 (056811)

Hi,

Plantar fasciitis can occur anywhere along the entire length or width of the bottom of your foot.

Typical pain is at the insertion of the heel bone but due to compensation from the way you are walking due to the pain the pain can be in other parts of the fascia.

Beside compensation you can have pain from injury or bad biomechanics of walking.

Re: area of plantar pain?

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/15/01 at 15:01 (056811)

Hi,

Plantar fasciitis can occur anywhere along the entire length or width of the bottom of your foot.

Typical pain is at the insertion of the heel bone but due to compensation from the way you are walking due to the pain the pain can be in other parts of the fascia.

Beside compensation you can have pain from injury or bad biomechanics of walking.