Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Another question for Dr.Z

Posted by Regina Brown on 8/15/01 at 13:49 (056801)

Hello Dr.Z,
I just made a visit to my pod a couple of days ago and it seems now he has diagnosed me with having possible neuritis in my surgical foot.What can cause this to occur? He had some new x-rays made of my foot and stated the fascia has healed pretty well from the EPF surgery but he said that there are some muscles up above the fascia
that can cause a lot of pain and mentioned to that there may be a nerve infringed or something that can be causing me quite a bit of pain.He asked if I have a lot of low back pain which I definitely do!! He gave me an injection for pain and then re-ordered some more PT for me to try again for at least a 6 wk. period.Can you explain things to me a bit further? I forgot to add also that he ran a little roller type thing across my ankle and foot and had me tell of any different sensations that I felt while doing so and I had some burning pain while he was doing this?would this be nerves hurting?Thanks as always,Regina

Re: Another question for Dr.Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/15/01 at 14:59 (056810)

Hi,

All of your pain could be from one of the following

1. Can take up to six months or more to heal. Sometimes one year
2. There is nerve damage in the operated foot.
3. There is swelling that is pressing on the nerves in the foot . That is sometimes described as neuritis
4. Your back may be part of the pain problem

Re: Another question for Dr.Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/15/01 at 14:59 (056810)

Hi,

All of your pain could be from one of the following

1. Can take up to six months or more to heal. Sometimes one year
2. There is nerve damage in the operated foot.
3. There is swelling that is pressing on the nerves in the foot . That is sometimes described as neuritis
4. Your back may be part of the pain problem