Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for Dr Z.

Posted by ross on 8/15/01 at 15:59 (056815)

Hi doc, I'm having my first zap from an orbisone machine tommorrow. What do you usually recommend as far as rest and stretching afterwards? Should I ice it after? Also how far apart do you usually do the treatments? (I'm having three total). I will of course go over these things with my doctor but just looking for your opinion as well.

Thanks,
Ross

Re: Question for Dr Z.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/15/01 at 18:46 (056833)

Hi,

I would do the runners stretch. Never go without shoes even in the shower. I don't do three treatment on everyone. The orbasone can relieve pain on the first zap. Most healing and pain relief can take anywhere from six to twelve weeks. I don't use any local anesthesia.

Let's see. I like heat and not ice if you only have mild discomfort. It you do have pain after the treatment then Ice is good.

Alot of doctors will advice ice. I am telling you what I do .

Good luck and I wish you a speedy great results.

Dr. Z

Re: Question for Dr Z.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/15/01 at 18:46 (056833)

Hi,

I would do the runners stretch. Never go without shoes even in the shower. I don't do three treatment on everyone. The orbasone can relieve pain on the first zap. Most healing and pain relief can take anywhere from six to twelve weeks. I don't use any local anesthesia.

Let's see. I like heat and not ice if you only have mild discomfort. It you do have pain after the treatment then Ice is good.

Alot of doctors will advice ice. I am telling you what I do .

Good luck and I wish you a speedy great results.

Dr. Z