Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Help! I am new and have many questions!

Posted by Myles Turner on 8/15/01 at 21:04 (056851)

For about 3 months now I have a numb right heel. About 1 month ago I was putting my shoes on one morning and noticed my entire right hand side was numb. Kind of pins and needles numb. I even noticed the difference in my face when I went to shave. This lasted for about 3 days before receding.
So I made a visit to my doctor and told him my heel is numb. He says that its not his expertise but seems concerned about my right side becoming numb also. He sends me to a Neurologist. I tell him about my heel being numb. He tells me that he thinks I had a stroke.(uh..oh).He sends me for a brain scan MRI and a Doppler Carotid Duplex as well as an Echocardiagram and Blood Tests. The MRI is in 2 days,had the Duplex today.
Anyway,I wake up yesterday morning and start looking at my heel. When I stretch out my calf muscle, I see two big bumps on my heelnear my achillies tendon. They look like boils but do not hurt. When I press on the bigger one, I feel a numbness in my heel like the size of a horseshoe(if they were made for humans). Neither of these pillar of society Hypocrites,I mean Hippocrates followers took the time to even look at my heel.
My question(finally)is...what the heck is wrong with me?(feet only,please).Can the numbness on my right hand side been caused by an impacted or squished nerve? Anyone out there with similar symptoms? My left heel seems to be growing these alien heel buttons as well. Do you think that because I weigh 375 lbs.that may have something to do with it?Are all doctors screwy?
Please answer me here or thru e mail.
Thanx,
Myles

Re: Do a search

Carmen H on 8/23/01 at 14:56 (057694)

Miles

I am not familar with achilles problems but recommend doing a search on this site for anything related to Achilles problems. You are bound to run into someone that has your problem or has had it in the past. I have learned a LOT from reading old posts! also post your questions on the 'Ask a Dr.' board. This one may not be the right place to get medical answers. Good Luck!

Re: Do a search

Carmen H on 8/23/01 at 14:56 (057694)

Miles

I am not familar with achilles problems but recommend doing a search on this site for anything related to Achilles problems. You are bound to run into someone that has your problem or has had it in the past. I have learned a LOT from reading old posts! also post your questions on the 'Ask a Dr.' board. This one may not be the right place to get medical answers. Good Luck!