Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Update on PF release

Posted by Crystal on 8/16/01 at 07:02 (056878)

Well hey guys it has been awhile. I had PF release back in February. I have been doing absolutely wonderful until about 4 weeks ago. And the pain has gradually gotten worse in the last week or so. I was just wondering if there was anyone else who had any problems like this. I have alot of pain in the evenings and especially in the morning I can hardly walk in the mornings it hurts so bad. During the day it isnt so bad unless I become active. And if I try standing in one place for a period of time the pain isnt so good either. I am just becoming frustrated with my foot because I was doing so well. I went to the doctor on Monday and he told me to start wearing my night splint again and I have the past two nights and the pain has gotten worse. If anyone has any words of advice, encouragement that this is just a phase I am open to hear them. Thanks Crystal

Re: Update on PF release

BrianG on 8/16/01 at 10:00 (056891)

Hi Crystal,

Are you wearing any type of arch supports, or custom orthotics? From what I understand, most people say it's necessary after PF release. I waited until over a year after my EPF to get a good pair of custom orthotics. I wished I hadn't waited so long. They really feel good to wear. Good luck

BCG

Crystal on 8/16/01 at 10:40 (056893)

Hey Brian-- I have been wearing custom orthotics for years. Atleast 8 or so and I am still wearing them to this day. After the surgery my doctor adjusted them to better work for my foot. And if there is a day I dont wear them which is unlikely I can tell a difference they are very necessary. But I have the orthotics covered, thanks for your message I appreciate that alot. Good luck to you too

Crystal

BrianG on 8/16/01 at 10:00 (056891)

Hi Crystal,

Are you wearing any type of arch supports, or custom orthotics? From what I understand, most people say it's necessary after PF release. I waited until over a year after my EPF to get a good pair of custom orthotics. I wished I hadn't waited so long. They really feel good to wear. Good luck

BCG

Crystal on 8/16/01 at 10:40 (056893)

Hey Brian-- I have been wearing custom orthotics for years. Atleast 8 or so and I am still wearing them to this day. After the surgery my doctor adjusted them to better work for my foot. And if there is a day I dont wear them which is unlikely I can tell a difference they are very necessary. But I have the orthotics covered, thanks for your message I appreciate that alot. Good luck to you too

Crystal