Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

night splints

Posted by Kathy R on 8/16/01 at 09:27 (056886)

Saw pod yesterday, now I am on my 6th anti-inflammatory, and he said that the night splint should work, but it takes several weeks. My question is why does my foot hurt worse using the night splint?

Re: night splints

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/16/01 at 16:57 (056928)

The position and or tightness of the splint is causing this. Can you adjust the splint position and or tension

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/20/01 at hrmin (057335)

I have tried lots of different night splints and have always come back to the N'Ice and Stretch-- it is soft, comfortable but most importantly-adjustable--agree with Dr. Z. Your splint is on too tight or with too much dorsiflexion.
Ed

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/16/01 at 16:57 (056928)

The position and or tightness of the splint is causing this. Can you adjust the splint position and or tension

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/20/01 at hrmin (057335)

I have tried lots of different night splints and have always come back to the N'Ice and Stretch-- it is soft, comfortable but most importantly-adjustable--agree with Dr. Z. Your splint is on too tight or with too much dorsiflexion.
Ed