Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

burning and aching feet

Posted by John R. on 8/16/01 at hrmin (056919)

Hi Doc,
Ok, here is my problem I was diagnosed with pf 3 years ago. It never completly went away and I was on my feet when I should have been resting. It continued to get worse so I went to see my doc, he told me that my orthotics had worn out, and I needed new ones. It took around 4 months to get new ones(military)anyway to make a long story short now I am in pain when I am standing(only takes 5 min to start) sitting down, and the burning is horrible at night. The only thing I have found that makes any difference is ice, soaking feet in hot water, streaching, but these only decrease the pain for a few hours of sitting(not standing)the pain never goes away. I am taking vioxx(expensive), and streaching 4-5 times a day and not wearing my orthotics makes my feet also feel better (could my orthotics have been the problem all along)I have had MRI, bone scan, blood tests for everything,Xrays, and one month of physical theropy. I can't even wear shoes because my feet burn like heck, and when I take my shoes off, my feet are swollen and red. I also have a never ending tender and swollen feeling just behind my toes where my joints connect. And if I am just sitting with my barefoot on the floor it begins to burn and my ankles ache, sometimes it goes to my knees. Did I destroy my ligaments and tendons?My doctors are all confused, when I was told to live with it I almost went through the roof -I am only 23 years old. Sorry about the long letter,if you can help I would really appreciate it. Oh yea have you heard anything about gene theropy?

Re: burning and aching feet

DR. Zuckerman on 8/16/01 at 16:13 (056920)

Could be a neuroma . This is nerve irritation between the 3rd and 4th toes.

How is your lower back??

Re: burning and aching feet

DR. Zuckerman on 8/16/01 at 16:13 (056920)

Could be a neuroma . This is nerve irritation between the 3rd and 4th toes.

How is your lower back??