Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm back from Dr Z's

Posted by Susan P on 8/16/01 at 16:44 (056927)

Hi everyone,
Well, I did it. I had my ESWT treatment. I survived!! Everything went great for me yesterday. We made it to Dr. Z's office in about 1 1/2 hrs. Woodbury is a great town, very quaint, everyone so nice. Dr Z's exam was thorough and he has a great personality, he makes you feel comfortable and answers all questions. I was a perfect candidate for ESWT for when he pressed on the spot I almost went through the roof. I had xrays done which showed no other problems just the heel spur (PF). He also made me custom orthotics and gave me PowerSteps. Well girls get ready for this, Dr. Z is going mobile. He has the orbasone set up in a huge Winnebago and plans of taking it on the road. Necee you have ESP. He has the orbasone set up in the Winnebago and I was the 3rd person to use it in there. He plans shortly to travel within New Jersey and who knows where else someday.
The treatment was uncomfortable at the beginning(not to mention noisy, you can wear ear phones) like a loud cap gun going off. It seemed like every couple of shocks would hurt by running up the back of my leg. I did not take any anesthesia at all. As the treatment went on you don't feel much I think your foot becomes so numb. It took about 40 minutes. I walked right out of there just numb no pain. By the way Denise Ashcrafts father is training as an ESWT technician. Dr. Z is there the whole time with you.
As for today, I had some pain when I got out of bed. My heel is swollen. The pain is not bad but I still have pain. I think it may be from the swelling but only time will tell that. Only a miracle would allow me to be totally pain free today I think. I must be patient and wait the 6-12 weeks it takes to see results. I am glad I did it and I will give you all updates when I can. Yesterday was my day, now its back to the boys and how will I ever survive back to school shopping. Catalogs I think. Hope you all are doing well today. Thanks for all the good thoughts. Susan

Re: I'm back from Dr Z's

Lori E. on 8/16/01 at 17:15 (056932)

Susan,
I am glad to hear that everything went well in your treatment. Dr. Z and his staff are the best. I am still getting better after my ESWT...slowly, but surely.
As for back to school, maybe try the internet. Everything from Target to Nordstroms is online now. Just a thought for you. Good luck.

Steve P on 8/16/01 at 18:48 (056942)

Me too, Lori. Slowly but surely getting there post-ESWT.

Susan, good account above! I'm looking forward to seeing the ZapMobile on my next visit.

Lori E. on 8/17/01 at 17:55 (057031)

Steve,
When did you get zapped? What is your pain level now? Just curious about your progress. My last zap was Feb. and I have now have had one 0 pain level day!
But then of couse the next day I was back at a two. It is nice to go thru the majority of my day now not thinking about my feet the whole time. I would like to just get back to doing some things that I still get pain from.
Hope you are doing at least as well!

Steve P on 8/18/01 at 17:44 (057112)

Lori -- Glad you're doing so well! I'm a bit behind you, but still making some progress. I've now been zapped twice on each foot, the most recent time being in June at Dr. Z's 'Zapfest 2001' (along with NancyN, JudyS, JohnH & TexBarb).

I'm going back in late Sept for a 3rd treatment. Progress is slow, but I'm definitely moving in the right direction.

Best to you! ..........Steve

Lori E. on 8/16/01 at 17:15 (056932)

Susan,
I am glad to hear that everything went well in your treatment. Dr. Z and his staff are the best. I am still getting better after my ESWT...slowly, but surely.
As for back to school, maybe try the internet. Everything from Target to Nordstroms is online now. Just a thought for you. Good luck.

Steve P on 8/16/01 at 18:48 (056942)

Me too, Lori. Slowly but surely getting there post-ESWT.

Susan, good account above! I'm looking forward to seeing the ZapMobile on my next visit.

Lori E. on 8/17/01 at 17:55 (057031)

Steve,
When did you get zapped? What is your pain level now? Just curious about your progress. My last zap was Feb. and I have now have had one 0 pain level day!
But then of couse the next day I was back at a two. It is nice to go thru the majority of my day now not thinking about my feet the whole time. I would like to just get back to doing some things that I still get pain from.
Hope you are doing at least as well!

Steve P on 8/18/01 at 17:44 (057112)

Lori -- Glad you're doing so well! I'm a bit behind you, but still making some progress. I've now been zapped twice on each foot, the most recent time being in June at Dr. Z's 'Zapfest 2001' (along with NancyN, JudyS, JohnH & TexBarb).

I'm going back in late Sept for a 3rd treatment. Progress is slow, but I'm definitely moving in the right direction.

Best to you! ..........Steve