Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foot exercise

Posted by pf patient on 8/16/01 at 22:40 (056955)

I know Dr Z is highly regarded and would like to know his opinion of the foot trainer for planters fasciitis.

Re: foot exercise

Julie on 8/17/01 at 13:34 (056996)

Dr Z has said a number of times that he thinks the Personal Foot Trainer is a sound device, and that he recommends it to his plantar fasciitis patients.

PamelaS on 8/20/01 at 13:08 (057279)

I have personally used the PFT (personal foot trainer), and I continue to use it every morning and evening. I credit it with major improvement, however you have to be patient and diligent.

Ray W on 8/20/01 at 14:41 (057290)

Can someone tell me what is the foot trainer?

Re: Personal Foot Trainer

Julie on 8/21/01 at 02:00 (057385)

Ray, the Personal Foot Trainer is a device used for strengthening the foot muscles - which they badly need when the pain of PF has forced one to back off walking and other exercise. The exercises are non-weight-bearing isometric and isotonic. You can research it and order it if you wish on the website - I think there is a direct link (if Personal Foot Trainer turns up in blue) but the url is:

http://www.foottrainer.com/

Mike Wilmot, who developed the PFT, is a physical therapist who believes that all the weight-bearing exercises that are prescribed for PF (the wall stretches, the stair stretch) are inadvisable, and that non-weight-bearing exercises are what is needed.

Julie on 8/17/01 at 13:34 (056996)

Dr Z has said a number of times that he thinks the Personal Foot Trainer is a sound device, and that he recommends it to his plantar fasciitis patients.

PamelaS on 8/20/01 at 13:08 (057279)

I have personally used the PFT (personal foot trainer), and I continue to use it every morning and evening. I credit it with major improvement, however you have to be patient and diligent.

Ray W on 8/20/01 at 14:41 (057290)

Can someone tell me what is the foot trainer?

Re: Personal Foot Trainer

Julie on 8/21/01 at 02:00 (057385)

Ray, the Personal Foot Trainer is a device used for strengthening the foot muscles - which they badly need when the pain of PF has forced one to back off walking and other exercise. The exercises are non-weight-bearing isometric and isotonic. You can research it and order it if you wish on the website - I think there is a direct link (if Personal Foot Trainer turns up in blue) but the url is:

http://www.foottrainer.com/

Mike Wilmot, who developed the PFT, is a physical therapist who believes that all the weight-bearing exercises that are prescribed for PF (the wall stretches, the stair stretch) are inadvisable, and that non-weight-bearing exercises are what is needed.