Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Refund

Posted by Alice K on 8/17/01 at hrmin (056983)

I returned my N'ice Stretch boot on July 5th (it was delivered on July 2nd). I still do not have a refund. (August 17th) What gives??? I tried it for two nights and got minimal relief. It was easier and cheaper to spend a few minutes stretching my foot before I put it on the floor in the morning.

Re: Refund

Scott R on 8/17/01 at 11:40 (056985)

Alice, you selected the option that someone must be here at the mailing address (which is never the case) so I never got the return.

BG CPed on 8/17/01 at 19:09 (057035)

Some pt respond well to night splints some dont. Only trying for 2 days is not a fair shake. Not telling you but just letting others know so they dont get discouraged from trying n splint

John E. on 8/18/01 at 07:14 (057072)

Just felt compelled to add that if you look into what work has been done, it looks like signifcant results require more like a 30 day period. That being said, I used a splint I just got for the second time and it was a great feeling in the morning that my foot wasn't completely tight. I am quite encouraged. I would also note I have a mild case compared to some of the folks here, however I am trying to keep it from getting chronic.This is just one of the tools in an overall approach. Good Luck John E.

Julie on 8/18/01 at 09:15 (057078)

The point about a night splint is that it prevents the tightening of the calf muscles, achilles tendon and fascia by keeping them dorsiflexed instead of plantarflexed (which they naturally are when as lie down) overnight. Muscles and tendons don't lengthen quickly, but over a period of time with gentle stretching. So if that whole muscle-tendon complex is tight, it will take time for the night splint to have its therapeutic effect. You couldn't really have expected an effect in such a short time, as the others have pointed out.

I know you no longer have yours, but this does need to be said in case others are discouraged from patiently trying something that might be of help to them. Patience is probably the keynote of most treatments for plantar fasciitis.

Julie on 8/18/01 at 09:16 (057079)

Should have read ' when WE lie down'. Bad proofreading (actually no proofreading) again.

Scott R on 8/17/01 at 11:40 (056985)

Alice, you selected the option that someone must be here at the mailing address (which is never the case) so I never got the return.

BG CPed on 8/17/01 at 19:09 (057035)

Some pt respond well to night splints some dont. Only trying for 2 days is not a fair shake. Not telling you but just letting others know so they dont get discouraged from trying n splint

John E. on 8/18/01 at 07:14 (057072)

Just felt compelled to add that if you look into what work has been done, it looks like signifcant results require more like a 30 day period. That being said, I used a splint I just got for the second time and it was a great feeling in the morning that my foot wasn't completely tight. I am quite encouraged. I would also note I have a mild case compared to some of the folks here, however I am trying to keep it from getting chronic.This is just one of the tools in an overall approach. Good Luck John E.

Julie on 8/18/01 at 09:15 (057078)

The point about a night splint is that it prevents the tightening of the calf muscles, achilles tendon and fascia by keeping them dorsiflexed instead of plantarflexed (which they naturally are when as lie down) overnight. Muscles and tendons don't lengthen quickly, but over a period of time with gentle stretching. So if that whole muscle-tendon complex is tight, it will take time for the night splint to have its therapeutic effect. You couldn't really have expected an effect in such a short time, as the others have pointed out.

I know you no longer have yours, but this does need to be said in case others are discouraged from patiently trying something that might be of help to them. Patience is probably the keynote of most treatments for plantar fasciitis.

Julie on 8/18/01 at 09:16 (057079)

Should have read ' when WE lie down'. Bad proofreading (actually no proofreading) again.