Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

a miracle for paula?

Posted by paula on 8/17/01 at hrmin (056995)

first great thanks to all my pf friends for support and information. A small miracle occurred yesterday. After a year of seeing dozens of foot and ankle doctors, four attampts at physical therapy, endless pain and still in wheelchair, I decided to call or e mail any doctor or podiatrist in the known universe who has the slightest chance of helping me or knowing where I can get help. An atlanta podiatrist called me up on the phone, very kind very concerned and suggested i call an orhtotic company. I did and explained I had posterior tibial tendon dysfunction, very very flat feet, pf, tendonitis and pain so bad i cannot walk. He knew just the custom made ankle foot orthosis that deals witht this, he also knows my physical therapist and he also works with the physiatrist rehab doctor i have an appointment to see next week. he feels sure that the three of them can put their heads together and come up with an afo (ankle foot orthosis) that will help me. so after all this time, pain and money down the drain i have hope again and one kind podiatrist, with no money extracted from me at all wants to help. I wonder if anyone else out there in foot ankle nightmareville would benefit from calling around and talking to a cpo. (certified pedorth something or other orthotist) I still don't quite know what it stands for but I felt more on track talking to him than to anyone ever since this thing began

Re: a miracle for paula?

Nancy N on 8/17/01 at 13:50 (056997)

Paula--

I am so glad to hear that you are finally getting somewhere! It sounds like you found a real gem of a doctor, and someone who will work to help you as much as he can. I'm not sure from what you wrote if you're appointment is with the rehab doc or this new pod, but either way, I hope that you are on the road to recovery now. Do keep us posted on your progress!

Re: Just in case I need it/.....

Carmen H on 8/17/01 at 13:51 (056998)

Hi Paula!

Great to hear you have some hope! Will you send the POD's name to my email just in case this one isn't able to help me? Belive me I know the routine going from doc to doc!
I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope this works for you!
carmenfh@worldnet.att.net

Laurie R on 8/17/01 at 16:22 (057017)

Dear Paula,
This is so wonderful for you. It is sad but very true ,we have to do all the work in our treatment. I was just told to do my part last week ..So this week I have done ' my part' and guess what I am still going to have to wait ....

Please let us know how everything turns out ... You have been through so much you deserve to have some relief. My very best to you ...

Laurie R

Glenn X on 8/17/01 at hrmin (057029)

Paula: Good and caring people are out there, often moreso than we sometimes apprecitate. Just too often seems to take a lot of persistence to find them.

Good for you at being tenacious and good for that podiatrist. Maybe you could mention his name, and perhaps too the other PT and pedorthist (sp)actively engaged in helping you out? They deserve a plug.

paula on 8/17/01 at hrmin (057042)

hi folks. thanks for the encouragement. the pods name is newnan, and he is not my pod at this point, he just led me to the orthotic pedorthist (oh please someone tell me what cpo stands for) , and he seemed to me to be a caring listening very nice person. the rehab doc can't be gone to by everyone, you have to also have a muscular disease i think,but will let everyone know if i'm wrong, the cpo is from atlana orthotics. the cpo said it is best to deal with an orthotic company in your immediate locale because adjustment will be needed to be made and one can go in person and have it done as many times as needed. how to find one in your locale? not sure. phone book? maybe the pods here know how. I've sorta misplaced all the phone numbers at this point cause i called a zillion people but could dig them up if these names are nnot good enough. and also keep in mind that i've not actually seen or been helped yet but i think i might be on the right track. the most important point here i think is that there are cpo people and companies with a whole other way of helping some of us maybe, and i just wanted to let everyone know. also if anyone else has a custom made ankle foot orthosis please let me and others know what it is and what bells and whistles it has and if it worked and who made it.

Nancy N on 8/17/01 at 13:50 (056997)

Paula--

I am so glad to hear that you are finally getting somewhere! It sounds like you found a real gem of a doctor, and someone who will work to help you as much as he can. I'm not sure from what you wrote if you're appointment is with the rehab doc or this new pod, but either way, I hope that you are on the road to recovery now. Do keep us posted on your progress!

Re: Just in case I need it/.....

Carmen H on 8/17/01 at 13:51 (056998)

Hi Paula!

Great to hear you have some hope! Will you send the POD's name to my email just in case this one isn't able to help me? Belive me I know the routine going from doc to doc!
I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope this works for you!
carmenfh@worldnet.att.net

Laurie R on 8/17/01 at 16:22 (057017)

Dear Paula,
This is so wonderful for you. It is sad but very true ,we have to do all the work in our treatment. I was just told to do my part last week ..So this week I have done ' my part' and guess what I am still going to have to wait ....

Please let us know how everything turns out ... You have been through so much you deserve to have some relief. My very best to you ...

Laurie R

Glenn X on 8/17/01 at hrmin (057029)

Paula: Good and caring people are out there, often moreso than we sometimes apprecitate. Just too often seems to take a lot of persistence to find them.

Good for you at being tenacious and good for that podiatrist. Maybe you could mention his name, and perhaps too the other PT and pedorthist (sp)actively engaged in helping you out? They deserve a plug.

paula on 8/17/01 at hrmin (057042)

hi folks. thanks for the encouragement. the pods name is newnan, and he is not my pod at this point, he just led me to the orthotic pedorthist (oh please someone tell me what cpo stands for) , and he seemed to me to be a caring listening very nice person. the rehab doc can't be gone to by everyone, you have to also have a muscular disease i think,but will let everyone know if i'm wrong, the cpo is from atlana orthotics. the cpo said it is best to deal with an orthotic company in your immediate locale because adjustment will be needed to be made and one can go in person and have it done as many times as needed. how to find one in your locale? not sure. phone book? maybe the pods here know how. I've sorta misplaced all the phone numbers at this point cause i called a zillion people but could dig them up if these names are nnot good enough. and also keep in mind that i've not actually seen or been helped yet but i think i might be on the right track. the most important point here i think is that there are cpo people and companies with a whole other way of helping some of us maybe, and i just wanted to let everyone know. also if anyone else has a custom made ankle foot orthosis please let me and others know what it is and what bells and whistles it has and if it worked and who made it.