Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hey Julie~!

Posted by Carmen H on 8/18/01 at 09:09 (057077)

Hey Julie...How ya been? I haven't read too much from you lately...
Just wondering if you got my letter to the doc I sent to your email?

Re: Hey.... Carmen!

Julie on 8/18/01 at 12:40 (057098)

I'm here and have been posting like anything. Where have you been, and how are you?

Yes, I did get and read your letter to the stupid doc, and am sorry not to have come back to you about it. I thought it was excellent, and I wish everyone who had so unsatisfactory an experience with an unhelpful, uncaring doctor would do something similar. It's good you sent a copy to your HMO, too.

Take care and all the best

Julie

Re: Hmm..Maybe I HAVE been less active on here...

Carmen H on 8/19/01 at 08:36 (057142)

You're right...now that I think about it I have been on here less. I have been doing a lot of FM research in case taht's where the diagnosis ends up for me.
I am actually doing VERY well lately. My feet are feeling better.....I can't go out and do any walking for exercise by any means. But I can go to the mall without buring and aching pain after I am there for a little while. I am starting marcaine shots this Friday (not looking forward to that) and I hope that will aid in the relief.
Since starting Calcium Magnesium with phosphate and Chrondoitin with Glucosamine my Piriformus and Sciatica have eased up. So that's good too.
I am not sure if it's going to the Pool three times a week or a combination of all of the things I have been doing but I feel pretty decent.
I have also been doing beginners MAT Pilates...no standing work at all in the tape, and some upper body armsand shoulder weight work while seated.
When I exercise I am a new person.
I got your tape yesterday and can't wait to try it today!!!! How exciting another method of relaxation. I bet it's wonderful! You were so kind.
Keep in touch..

Re: Glad you're feeling better!

Julie on 8/19/01 at 09:27 (057150)

What a good progress report, Carmen. You're a great example of how it's possible to get to grips with things. I applaud you.

It's probably a combination of things. But I'd be willing to bet that swimming three times a week has helped. If you have the time, you can also do the exercises for the joints in the pool. I also do leg exercises: swings forward and back and out to the side (maintain pelvic stability - don't 'rock' the hips') and hip rotations. If you can stand in the pool, you might try these.

I would like to hear now and then about how you get on with Pilates. I've been doing some too, and think it's very sound.

I'm glad 'Breathe and Relax' has arrived. I hope you'll like it and enjoy using it.

Good luck with Marcaine. May it help!

Re: Hey.... Carmen!

Julie on 8/18/01 at 12:40 (057098)

I'm here and have been posting like anything. Where have you been, and how are you?

Yes, I did get and read your letter to the stupid doc, and am sorry not to have come back to you about it. I thought it was excellent, and I wish everyone who had so unsatisfactory an experience with an unhelpful, uncaring doctor would do something similar. It's good you sent a copy to your HMO, too.

Take care and all the best

Julie

Re: Hmm..Maybe I HAVE been less active on here...

Carmen H on 8/19/01 at 08:36 (057142)

You're right...now that I think about it I have been on here less. I have been doing a lot of FM research in case taht's where the diagnosis ends up for me.
I am actually doing VERY well lately. My feet are feeling better.....I can't go out and do any walking for exercise by any means. But I can go to the mall without buring and aching pain after I am there for a little while. I am starting marcaine shots this Friday (not looking forward to that) and I hope that will aid in the relief.
Since starting Calcium Magnesium with phosphate and Chrondoitin with Glucosamine my Piriformus and Sciatica have eased up. So that's good too.
I am not sure if it's going to the Pool three times a week or a combination of all of the things I have been doing but I feel pretty decent.
I have also been doing beginners MAT Pilates...no standing work at all in the tape, and some upper body armsand shoulder weight work while seated.
When I exercise I am a new person.
I got your tape yesterday and can't wait to try it today!!!! How exciting another method of relaxation. I bet it's wonderful! You were so kind.
Keep in touch..

Re: Glad you're feeling better!

Julie on 8/19/01 at 09:27 (057150)

What a good progress report, Carmen. You're a great example of how it's possible to get to grips with things. I applaud you.

It's probably a combination of things. But I'd be willing to bet that swimming three times a week has helped. If you have the time, you can also do the exercises for the joints in the pool. I also do leg exercises: swings forward and back and out to the side (maintain pelvic stability - don't 'rock' the hips') and hip rotations. If you can stand in the pool, you might try these.

I would like to hear now and then about how you get on with Pilates. I've been doing some too, and think it's very sound.

I'm glad 'Breathe and Relax' has arrived. I hope you'll like it and enjoy using it.

Good luck with Marcaine. May it help!