Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foot flex product sales

Posted by Scott R on 8/18/01 at 13:59 (057106)

I got my first FootFlex 'return' today. It surprised me because I just realized this was the first return for that item. I don't really see why people want them, and I even speak bad about them in the book, so I'm surprised and happy no one's returning them. Another interesting thing is that when I speak bad about a product (which makes me appear honest) but then throw in something positive about it in an oblique way (like I did in this message), I get orders out the wazzu. Ya'll will pobably order 5 as a result of this post, and one of them will be because I used the word 'ya'll'.

Re: foot flex product sales

Glenn X on 8/18/01 at 15:31 (057108)

Scott: Besides providing an amazing service, you are wayyy cool, refreshingly candid, and often hilarious. I had to restrain myself from clicking on your FootFlex hyperlink . . . really!

Thanks --- twice as big as the sky!

BrianJ on 8/18/01 at 15:32 (057109)

We love you, Scott, but if yer gonna do Texanisms, do 'em right -- it's 'y'all,' not 'ya'll.' See you back at the ranch.

john h on 8/19/01 at 10:20 (057156)

brain: you are the man! jeff lives in alabama and like arkansas they may do it different. we sort of like u'ns here in arkansas. as you know there is a natural problem between the Longhorns and the Razorbacks.

john h on 8/19/01 at 10:54 (057161)

i do not want to dork up jeff's sale of his FootFlex device but i have one and will be happy to send it to someone in need free of charge and i will pay the freight. jeff, this may be unfair trade practices so do not sue me. just let me know who you are and you can have the FootFlex that touched john h's foot and we shall be blood brothers/sisters for ever and ever.

Lisa C on 8/20/01 at 00:17 (057221)

You probably already have a bunch of 'takers' but just in case you don't.. I would love to have your FootFlex. I would insist on paying shipping.

Re: foot flex product sales P.S. for john h

Lisa C on 8/20/01 at 00:22 (057222)

john h how about a trade? I have a brand new in package pair of Thorlo mens socks. All white (A MUST IN CALIFORNIA!) fitness socks fits mens shoe size 9-12.5 I prefer a thinner sock. You might like them. Let me know.

john h on 8/20/01 at 09:31 (057246)

Lisa you are the only one that has requested the FootFlex so you get it. No need for a trade. Email me your address at my office 'john1932@swbell.net' and it will be on its way tomorrow. Hope i still have the instructions but if i do not one of you out there surely can send Lisa a copy of the FootFlex instruction. I alway felt like General George Patton walking around with it. Reminded me of a riding crop and gave me a sense of power.

Scott R on 8/20/01 at 09:37 (057250)

John, the FootFlex is a 2 pound block of purple rectangular plastic. Since you say it feels like a riding crop, I wonder if we're talking about the same device.

Re: foot flex product sales for scott

john h on 8/20/01 at 15:12 (057298)

scott: john is apparently disoriented today. i do have a FootFlex block of wood but want to keep that. what i have is the device for stretching the foot and i do not recall the name for it. it has the two pieces of rubber that you fit between your toes or around all your toes and you pull and push on it to strengthen the feet. someone disruptted my thinking today. i guess you have reason to sue me now.

Re: for scott and lisa

john h on 8/20/01 at 15:15 (057300)

the product i have LIsa i believe is the Personal Foot Trainer and not the FootFlex as smarty pants scott points out. you are welcome to that if you want it. sorry about my mistake.

JudyS on 8/20/01 at 16:35 (057307)

I was curious about that too, Scott.
Speaking of 'FootFlex', I also have one (a 2-pound block of rectangular purple plastic) that I no longer use. I'll be glad to ship it with my compliments to anyone who wants it.

john h on 8/20/01 at 18:06 (057325)

judy: My FootFlex is not silly purple but a manly pine device. since i did not have the device for lisa i hope she contacts you.

john h on 8/20/01 at 18:08 (057326)

lisa: you and judy should be on the same page as i think she wears white Thorlo's and has a FootFlex and by golly lives in southern california.

Re: product swapping

Scott R on 8/20/01 at 18:13 (057327)

I have thought about a page devoted to letting people swap foot products.

Re: for Lisa

Julie on 8/21/01 at 02:21 (057388)

Lisa, I'd grab the PFT if I were you. It's a sound system that I think will be more useful to you than the FootFlex.

I don't know why John refused your Thorlos - maybe he was just being shy. Or perhaps he was afraid they probably weren't red.

Lisa C on 8/21/01 at 02:54 (057391)

I too was wondering about the description. I appreciate your generous offer and will not look a gift horse in the mouth! I cannot beleive that I was the only one to request this. (something I don't know?) If only I could be the only one to request a lottery ticket in the next drawing!! Many thanks again and I have requested your addy as well. These Thorlo's are highly recommended by Heelspurs. I've said before we should start an exchange program here at Heelspurs.

Lisa C on 8/21/01 at 03:17 (057394)

Julie, I listen to your advice, but I thought that the FootFlex would be more do-able because I could use it and work at my computer at the same time. (or read...) the PFT looks like you have to hold it with your hands as you do it. I would actually have to devote myself to doing the foot exercises only. I know alot of posters are avid exercise enthusiasts, but sadly I am far from that healthy group. So now what do you think for me? Wouldn't the sit and exercise be better? I responded to john h earlier without reading all the posts! Just like Scott warns us not to do!! Gosh 2 free products to choose from (if I hurry) what to do?

Julie on 8/21/01 at 08:23 (057411)

Lisa, I've looked at the instruction pages for the FootFlex. It looks as though you use it standing, and I imagine the effects are similar to those of the wall stretch, except that it adds the windlass mechanism (the toes bending back at the metatarsal). I don't see how you could use it at your computer: it's a weight-bearing exercise in which the weight does the job. I know there have been several reports of people finding it gave them a pain at the ball of the foot - and I can see it over-stretching the Achilles tendon if not used with great care. But this is all guesswork: I 'm going by what the instructions look like, and what people have said. I haven't used it myself.

I do have a pair of Personal Foot Trainers, and think it is a sound system. I don't see how it could hurt anyone, which would be my prime consideration. It is intended to strengthen the entire musculature of the foot. I have to say that I ordered it mainly just to check it out, and haven't used it much, but the theory behind it makes sense to me. You do sit to use it - with your legs outstretched and your back up against a wall. And yes, you can't really do anything at the same time (though I suppose you could watch television).

So: they're different horses for different courses. One is for stretching the gastro/soleus/achilles complex, and that is undoubtedly important, though it may be better to accomplish that with non-weight-bearing exercise, particularly if your pain is severe) and the other is for strengthening the foot muscle. Why not have them both?

Julie on 8/21/01 at 08:25 (057412)

That should have been foot muscles, plural not singular, in the final line.

Re: See August 3 post by me...

Carmen H on 8/21/01 at 16:16 (057460)

Here is what I wrote on that day...GREAT minds think alike huh? ha

Okay maybe I am missing the section or maybe I am wacked out for thinking one should exist but here goes....
If anyone out there is like me and has spent LOTS of money on tapes, over the counter anti-inflammatories, herbs, topical creams, shoes we've worn once and can't take back, products from foot companies that don't work for us etc.. etc...wouldn't it be nice if we could buy and sell these items to each other so someone else could see if it would work for them? Like EBAY only for PF! OF course not the more 'personal' things, overused things etc..just honest to goodness items that someone else might benefit from. The foot log, night splints etc.. etc..etc...or even HERBS...
Is that even legal? anyway...I am probably stepping on someone's toes that is trying to sell this stuff to profit. I apologize ahead of time. I just thought I'd throw this out there probably b/c I am going broke trying new things constantly.
Hope everyone is having a relaxing pain free day.

Glenn X on 8/18/01 at 15:31 (057108)

Scott: Besides providing an amazing service, you are wayyy cool, refreshingly candid, and often hilarious. I had to restrain myself from clicking on your FootFlex hyperlink . . . really!

Thanks --- twice as big as the sky!

BrianJ on 8/18/01 at 15:32 (057109)

We love you, Scott, but if yer gonna do Texanisms, do 'em right -- it's 'y'all,' not 'ya'll.' See you back at the ranch.

john h on 8/19/01 at 10:20 (057156)

brain: you are the man! jeff lives in alabama and like arkansas they may do it different. we sort of like u'ns here in arkansas. as you know there is a natural problem between the Longhorns and the Razorbacks.

john h on 8/19/01 at 10:54 (057161)

i do not want to dork up jeff's sale of his FootFlex device but i have one and will be happy to send it to someone in need free of charge and i will pay the freight. jeff, this may be unfair trade practices so do not sue me. just let me know who you are and you can have the FootFlex that touched john h's foot and we shall be blood brothers/sisters for ever and ever.

Lisa C on 8/20/01 at 00:17 (057221)

You probably already have a bunch of 'takers' but just in case you don't.. I would love to have your FootFlex. I would insist on paying shipping.

Lisa C on 8/20/01 at 00:22 (057222)

john h how about a trade? I have a brand new in package pair of Thorlo mens socks. All white (A MUST IN CALIFORNIA!) fitness socks fits mens shoe size 9-12.5 I prefer a thinner sock. You might like them. Let me know.

john h on 8/20/01 at 09:31 (057246)

Lisa you are the only one that has requested the FootFlex so you get it. No need for a trade. Email me your address at my office 'john1932@swbell.net' and it will be on its way tomorrow. Hope i still have the instructions but if i do not one of you out there surely can send Lisa a copy of the FootFlex instruction. I alway felt like General George Patton walking around with it. Reminded me of a riding crop and gave me a sense of power.

Scott R on 8/20/01 at 09:37 (057250)

John, the FootFlex is a 2 pound block of purple rectangular plastic. Since you say it feels like a riding crop, I wonder if we're talking about the same device.

Re: foot flex product sales for scott

john h on 8/20/01 at 15:12 (057298)

scott: john is apparently disoriented today. i do have a FootFlex block of wood but want to keep that. what i have is the device for stretching the foot and i do not recall the name for it. it has the two pieces of rubber that you fit between your toes or around all your toes and you pull and push on it to strengthen the feet. someone disruptted my thinking today. i guess you have reason to sue me now.

Re: for scott and lisa

john h on 8/20/01 at 15:15 (057300)

the product i have LIsa i believe is the Personal Foot Trainer and not the FootFlex as smarty pants scott points out. you are welcome to that if you want it. sorry about my mistake.

JudyS on 8/20/01 at 16:35 (057307)

I was curious about that too, Scott.
Speaking of 'FootFlex', I also have one (a 2-pound block of rectangular purple plastic) that I no longer use. I'll be glad to ship it with my compliments to anyone who wants it.

john h on 8/20/01 at 18:06 (057325)

judy: My FootFlex is not silly purple but a manly pine device. since i did not have the device for lisa i hope she contacts you.

john h on 8/20/01 at 18:08 (057326)

lisa: you and judy should be on the same page as i think she wears white Thorlo's and has a FootFlex and by golly lives in southern california.

Re: product swapping

Scott R on 8/20/01 at 18:13 (057327)

I have thought about a page devoted to letting people swap foot products.

Julie on 8/21/01 at 02:21 (057388)

Lisa, I'd grab the PFT if I were you. It's a sound system that I think will be more useful to you than the FootFlex.

I don't know why John refused your Thorlos - maybe he was just being shy. Or perhaps he was afraid they probably weren't red.

Lisa C on 8/21/01 at 02:54 (057391)

I too was wondering about the description. I appreciate your generous offer and will not look a gift horse in the mouth! I cannot beleive that I was the only one to request this. (something I don't know?) If only I could be the only one to request a lottery ticket in the next drawing!! Many thanks again and I have requested your addy as well. These Thorlo's are highly recommended by Heelspurs. I've said before we should start an exchange program here at Heelspurs.

Lisa C on 8/21/01 at 03:17 (057394)

Julie, I listen to your advice, but I thought that the FootFlex would be more do-able because I could use it and work at my computer at the same time. (or read...) the PFT looks like you have to hold it with your hands as you do it. I would actually have to devote myself to doing the foot exercises only. I know alot of posters are avid exercise enthusiasts, but sadly I am far from that healthy group. So now what do you think for me? Wouldn't the sit and exercise be better? I responded to john h earlier without reading all the posts! Just like Scott warns us not to do!! Gosh 2 free products to choose from (if I hurry) what to do?

Julie on 8/21/01 at 08:23 (057411)

Lisa, I've looked at the instruction pages for the FootFlex. It looks as though you use it standing, and I imagine the effects are similar to those of the wall stretch, except that it adds the windlass mechanism (the toes bending back at the metatarsal). I don't see how you could use it at your computer: it's a weight-bearing exercise in which the weight does the job. I know there have been several reports of people finding it gave them a pain at the ball of the foot - and I can see it over-stretching the Achilles tendon if not used with great care. But this is all guesswork: I 'm going by what the instructions look like, and what people have said. I haven't used it myself.

I do have a pair of Personal Foot Trainers, and think it is a sound system. I don't see how it could hurt anyone, which would be my prime consideration. It is intended to strengthen the entire musculature of the foot. I have to say that I ordered it mainly just to check it out, and haven't used it much, but the theory behind it makes sense to me. You do sit to use it - with your legs outstretched and your back up against a wall. And yes, you can't really do anything at the same time (though I suppose you could watch television).

So: they're different horses for different courses. One is for stretching the gastro/soleus/achilles complex, and that is undoubtedly important, though it may be better to accomplish that with non-weight-bearing exercise, particularly if your pain is severe) and the other is for strengthening the foot muscle. Why not have them both?

Julie on 8/21/01 at 08:25 (057412)

That should have been foot muscles, plural not singular, in the final line.

Re: See August 3 post by me...

Carmen H on 8/21/01 at 16:16 (057460)

Here is what I wrote on that day...GREAT minds think alike huh? ha

Okay maybe I am missing the section or maybe I am wacked out for thinking one should exist but here goes....
If anyone out there is like me and has spent LOTS of money on tapes, over the counter anti-inflammatories, herbs, topical creams, shoes we've worn once and can't take back, products from foot companies that don't work for us etc.. etc...wouldn't it be nice if we could buy and sell these items to each other so someone else could see if it would work for them? Like EBAY only for PF! OF course not the more 'personal' things, overused things etc..just honest to goodness items that someone else might benefit from. The foot log, night splints etc.. etc..etc...or even HERBS...
Is that even legal? anyway...I am probably stepping on someone's toes that is trying to sell this stuff to profit. I apologize ahead of time. I just thought I'd throw this out there probably b/c I am going broke trying new things constantly.
Hope everyone is having a relaxing pain free day.