Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

question for dr ed davis

Posted by paula on 8/18/01 at 21:48 (057127)

thanks again for mueller tpd suggestion. since then i've called a buncha pods in atlanta who never heard of it and don't want to hear about it. so how do i find a pod who can do this for me? and where are you located? when you say you prefer mueller ptd, this is not a device one buys but a way to create certain features in an orthotic, right? by following the advice of dr mueller? i went to dr mueller's article and so i figure that
is what it is. but now i need a pod who has read the article or would agree to read the article. this is frustrating torture not to be able to get this done for myself. by the way i have a closet full of custom orthotics made for me this past year, none are usable. also if the cpo makes a plastic custom afo for me, can he muellerize it?

Re: question for dr ed davis

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/20/01 at 12:56 (057276)

Paula:
I do not know if you are the same Paula who just posted that a foot doctor was found?

One way to find a doctor familiar with a good PPD orthotic is to work backwards.... call Northwest Orthotic Labs (make a good PPD device) and find out which customers they have in your area. 1-800-443-7260
Ed

paula on 8/20/01 at 17:55 (057322)

thank you. i am the person who found a cpo who said he could make a custom made plastic afo with all the features i need. but then i thought why not try a mueller tpd, tried and true. i just called northwestern and they gave me some names. i will call those docs. what is a mueller tpd, is it an specific type of orthotic? norhtwestern never heard of it.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/20/01 at 20:37 (057352)

Northwest Labs makes an orthotic that they simply label as a 'posterior tibial dysfunction' device. It is about the same, as far as I can tell, as a Mueller TPD device. It is possible that the term, 'Mueller PPD' is proprietary and that only certain labs have purchased the rights to that name.
Ed

thanks, you've really helped me a lot on 8/20/01 at 21:29 (057362)

gotten more useful info from you than from all the docs i've seen so far. and i've seen a lot. am grateful

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/20/01 at 12:56 (057276)

Paula:
I do not know if you are the same Paula who just posted that a foot doctor was found?

One way to find a doctor familiar with a good PPD orthotic is to work backwards.... call Northwest Orthotic Labs (make a good PPD device) and find out which customers they have in your area. 1-800-443-7260
Ed

paula on 8/20/01 at 17:55 (057322)

thank you. i am the person who found a cpo who said he could make a custom made plastic afo with all the features i need. but then i thought why not try a mueller tpd, tried and true. i just called northwestern and they gave me some names. i will call those docs. what is a mueller tpd, is it an specific type of orthotic? norhtwestern never heard of it.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/20/01 at 20:37 (057352)

Northwest Labs makes an orthotic that they simply label as a 'posterior tibial dysfunction' device. It is about the same, as far as I can tell, as a Mueller TPD device. It is possible that the term, 'Mueller PPD' is proprietary and that only certain labs have purchased the rights to that name.
Ed

thanks, you've really helped me a lot on 8/20/01 at 21:29 (057362)

gotten more useful info from you than from all the docs i've seen so far. and i've seen a lot. am grateful