Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Jade 168 Balm PF Clinical Trial Results at 6 Weeks Attention: Scott

Posted by Dr. Chris Reynolds on 8/19/01 at 07:40 (057139)

Scott, on 29 July you responded to my posting thus: 'You claim 70% of patients are getting significant pain relief, but by my interpretation of the responses I'm getting from 23 patients, I'd say it's closer to 15%.'
I would like to know how you arrived at this figure.
Of the 25 participants in your database, 11 (44%) have reported an increase in activity,
with 6 (24%) reporting an increase in activity of 3 points or more - which must be fairly close to a significant result.
Also, 15 participants (60%) have reported a reduction in pain, (close to my trial's 64.5% significant improvement) with 8 (32%) reporting a 3 point or greater reduction in pain. Considering that a number of participants have not yet reported before and after results, these figures could be even higher.
The average increase of activity from 4.7 to 5.7 is an improvement of 21.3% and similarly, the average reduction in pain is 34.5%. Allowing for placebo effects, the results are, to my thinking, significant.
If we also bear in mind that there has been a steady overall improvement over the course of the trial, and an average Satisfaction Rating of 6.0 (with 13 (52%) rating it at 6 or above) we must agree that it is proving beneficial to some of the trial participants.
When I talk about my Jade 168 Balm trial results, I am recording the average reduction of pain over various periods of the trial. The table below gives the outcome at six weeks. This shows that 64.5% of participants had a 'significant' improvement in pain, i.e. greater than 20 % which must, by any measure be considered a 'significant' result. If I added all the others who have used the Jade to considerable benefit outside the trial during this period, my figure would be even higher.

Jade 168 Balm PF Trial Results
No. and %age of trial participants at Week 6 reporting reduced pain or nil/negative response. N=31
Pain Response N %
0 or negative effect 9 29.0
1-20% reduction 2 6.5
21-40% reduction 7 22.6
41-60% reduction 7 22.6
61-80% reduction 4 12.9
81-100% reduction 2 6.5 N= 31

(check my website jadepage.com if this table doesn't make sense)

i.e. 64.6% of participants have had from 21-100% reduction in pain. I would call this 'significant'.

Most visitors to this site would probably assume that the main reason you maintain Heelspurs.com is to help PF sufferers in any way you can with their problem(s). Indeed, because the site holds a place of considerable importance in so many peoples' lives, one could perhaps even suggest you had a duty of care to do so. Therefore, if the Jade, which is SAFE, INEXPENSIVE and EFFECTIVE to the extent of 60-65 percent of patients receiving some or significant relief of pain, (even if it was only 15 percent as you claim, which it isn't), don't you think sufferers would be well advised to try Jade first before rushing off to see their podiatrist or spending a small fortune on orthotics?
For the open-minded among you, See Jade 168 Balm PF Clinical Trial results at http://www.jadepage.com/jadetrial.htm
Dr. Chris.

Re: Jade 168 Balm Clinical Trial

footpro on 6/11/01 at 18:40 (050474)

Dr. Reynolds,

Just out of curiosity, What kind of clinical trial are you conducting? A double blinded clinical trial or a prospective study? From a statistical point of view, 20 subjects is not a large enough sample to conduct any meaningful research. From your 20 respondents, you can only draw anecdotal evidence. To be a good 'study', I think you should conduct a double blind placebo controlled study. Use a generic vaseline based balm versus your product. Some of the patients will respond to the placebo. It would be interesting to see the outcome. Also, I would like to see the outcome on a larger sampling of patients. There should be recommended subject followups through questionaires say at 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 12 weeks, 6 months, and then at 1 year. This would give credibility to the product. Just my two cents. Good luck.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/16/01 at hrmin (050817)

My apologies for not having responded sooner. Thanks for your sound advice and I agree with everything you say. I know this is only an anecdotal study and from my point of view is only a 'water-tester' partly to see if the anecdotes in any way compare with my own experiences and partly to find out what the pitfalls are likely to be if we decide to run a large properly controlled study on the internet. This is completely new ground for me as I am not a scientist, but it is people like yourself providing sound, intelligent advice that give me the energy and the will to persist. However, if there ultimately is shown no statistical significance in improvement of PF symptoms with the Jade, then I have been deluding myself for the past five years. But I don't think I have, I've had too many effective outcomes in a broad variety of clinical conditions, not to mention a high return demand for the product from patients, to know I'm on the right track. It is such a useful medical tool of trade for me that I couldn't do general practice without it. Sometimes when we trust our senses, we are very often right.

Re: Jade 168 Balm clinical trial

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/27/01 at hrmin (051615)

Just to let all participants in the first round know, your second tube of Jade will be posted to you this Friday, 29th. Just keep rubbing it on.
Also would like to remind you that you can check out the results of the trial at my website http://www.wire.net.au/~jastmi/default.html

ALSO.... Because it looks as if I'll now be in for the long haul, I have registered my site under a new name that will be easier to remember. It should be functioning tomorrow night (probably most of you will be just getting out of bed). The address is http://www.jadepage.com
Cheers.

Re: Jade 168 Balm clinical trial reports

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/30/01 at hrmin (051958)

Paul A reports: 'Just started the Jade last night. It was so interesting, I applied it to one foot in a small area and my other foot tingled as much as the one I put it on..Intruiging..'
This is indeed an interesting phenonomenon and one that I have alluded to before either here or in an individual email.
I mentioned an effect of Jade I have observed several time in Raynaud's disease where usually the hands turn blue, can burn or be quite painful, particularly in the cold weather. I applied a tiny amount of Jade on one finger and after a few minutes, BOTH hands turned successively and simultaneously from cold and blue to pink and warm. This I think gives us an important insight to the mechanism of Raynaud's disease in that it appears to be neurologically mediated rather than humorally. It may give us a better idea of just what the neurological pathways are and raise the question as to the value of cervical sympathectomy for this problem. It also shows perhaps why Jade can work so rapidly in some PF patients. Quite amazing stuff really.

Re: Jade 168 Balm clinical trial results at 4 weeks

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/12/01 at hrmin (052918)

Jade 168 Balm clinical trial results at 4 weeks (12 July, 2001. Australian EST)
30 participants. 16 female, 14 male
Average duration PF - 50 months
Average age - 44 years
Average Percentage Reduction in Pain Level (30 Participants)
At Week 1 = 10.8%
At Week 2 = 17.8%
At Week 3 = 24.4%

At Week 4
Significant pain reduction - 68% of participants
Nil or minimal pain reduction - 32% of participants
1 participant's pain increased. Treatment temporarily suspended.

See Graph at http://www.jadepage.com/jadetrial.htm
Dr. Chris

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/13/01 at 23:45 (053092)

I was off the board for a while and missed the entire discussion of your balm. I would love to get the info. Could you mail it to me at 6601-M S. Cass Avenue, Westmont IL 60559. Thanks

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/14/01 at hrmin (053101)

If you check out my website at http://www.jadepage.com most of the information is there. If you would like to contact me directly, please do. I'd only be too happy to discuss it with you.

BrianG on 7/14/01 at 13:29 (053145)

Hi Dr. Reid,

If you go back to the main message board index page, go to the very bottom of the different subjects. You'll find a link to the Jade balm trials that Scott is puting together. There is some interesting stuff happening there, unfortunatly, I'm still limping along, as before.

BCG

Mary Ann S on 7/14/01 at 15:48 (053168)

Just an update. I don't have any pain. This is the best week yet since using the jade balm. The aching I had in the arch is rare and overall my foot feels 99% better for the first time in 3 years. I get a swollen feeling in the heel after being on my feet at work but it is not like it had been.

Re: Everybody, please update your Jade 168 rating

Scott R on 8/19/01 at 08:04 (057140)

Please update your Jade 168 rating.

http://heelspurs.com/jade.cgi

x

Re: This is the final rating call

Scott R on 8/19/01 at 08:12 (057141)

No more ratings will be accepted after this week. After everyone has posted, I'll decide if Jade 168 can be sold on heelspurs.com

Dr Reynolds,
Jade has long since past its allowance for advertising in the message board (my unwritten rule is 6 posts per year). No more posts can be made about it for this year (except by past heelspurs.com visitors who wish to discuss it). If I let everyone post so much, there would be 100 Doctors swamping the message board with products they claim cure heel pain. I'm also wondering who 'Russell C' is who rated it a 10 recently. He hasn't ever posted to the message board, and his first post was 25 days after first trying it which is not how it was supposed to work.

BG CPed on 8/19/01 at 08:55 (057145)

Famous Australian actors for $1000 Scott. Who stared in Gladiator and has a last name that sounds the same as a bird but is spelled different??

Scott R on 8/19/01 at 09:22 (057149)

huh? Are you paying by credit card or check?

BG CPed on 8/19/01 at 09:48 (057151)

Sorry Scott that answer is incorrect...who is Russel Crowe

Scott R on 8/19/01 at 18:14 (057194)

Russell C appears to be part of a scam, so I'll have to delete his record.

Scott R on 8/19/01 at 20:57 (057206)

As suspected, Russell C is from australia and doesn't know what heelspurs.com is.

bg cped on 8/19/01 at 21:18 (057209)

Well Scott if you get a post from the croc hunter watch out

footpro on 6/11/01 at 18:40 (050474)

Dr. Reynolds,

Just out of curiosity, What kind of clinical trial are you conducting? A double blinded clinical trial or a prospective study? From a statistical point of view, 20 subjects is not a large enough sample to conduct any meaningful research. From your 20 respondents, you can only draw anecdotal evidence. To be a good 'study', I think you should conduct a double blind placebo controlled study. Use a generic vaseline based balm versus your product. Some of the patients will respond to the placebo. It would be interesting to see the outcome. Also, I would like to see the outcome on a larger sampling of patients. There should be recommended subject followups through questionaires say at 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 12 weeks, 6 months, and then at 1 year. This would give credibility to the product. Just my two cents. Good luck.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/16/01 at hrmin (050817)

My apologies for not having responded sooner. Thanks for your sound advice and I agree with everything you say. I know this is only an anecdotal study and from my point of view is only a 'water-tester' partly to see if the anecdotes in any way compare with my own experiences and partly to find out what the pitfalls are likely to be if we decide to run a large properly controlled study on the internet. This is completely new ground for me as I am not a scientist, but it is people like yourself providing sound, intelligent advice that give me the energy and the will to persist. However, if there ultimately is shown no statistical significance in improvement of PF symptoms with the Jade, then I have been deluding myself for the past five years. But I don't think I have, I've had too many effective outcomes in a broad variety of clinical conditions, not to mention a high return demand for the product from patients, to know I'm on the right track. It is such a useful medical tool of trade for me that I couldn't do general practice without it. Sometimes when we trust our senses, we are very often right.

Re: Jade 168 Balm clinical trial

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/27/01 at hrmin (051615)

Just to let all participants in the first round know, your second tube of Jade will be posted to you this Friday, 29th. Just keep rubbing it on.
Also would like to remind you that you can check out the results of the trial at my website http://www.wire.net.au/~jastmi/default.html

ALSO.... Because it looks as if I'll now be in for the long haul, I have registered my site under a new name that will be easier to remember. It should be functioning tomorrow night (probably most of you will be just getting out of bed). The address is http://www.jadepage.com
Cheers.

Re: Jade 168 Balm clinical trial reports

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/30/01 at hrmin (051958)

Paul A reports: 'Just started the Jade last night. It was so interesting, I applied it to one foot in a small area and my other foot tingled as much as the one I put it on..Intruiging..'
This is indeed an interesting phenonomenon and one that I have alluded to before either here or in an individual email.
I mentioned an effect of Jade I have observed several time in Raynaud's disease where usually the hands turn blue, can burn or be quite painful, particularly in the cold weather. I applied a tiny amount of Jade on one finger and after a few minutes, BOTH hands turned successively and simultaneously from cold and blue to pink and warm. This I think gives us an important insight to the mechanism of Raynaud's disease in that it appears to be neurologically mediated rather than humorally. It may give us a better idea of just what the neurological pathways are and raise the question as to the value of cervical sympathectomy for this problem. It also shows perhaps why Jade can work so rapidly in some PF patients. Quite amazing stuff really.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/12/01 at hrmin (052918)

Jade 168 Balm clinical trial results at 4 weeks (12 July, 2001. Australian EST)
30 participants. 16 female, 14 male
Average duration PF - 50 months
Average age - 44 years
Average Percentage Reduction in Pain Level (30 Participants)
At Week 1 = 10.8%
At Week 2 = 17.8%
At Week 3 = 24.4%

At Week 4
Significant pain reduction - 68% of participants
Nil or minimal pain reduction - 32% of participants
1 participant's pain increased. Treatment temporarily suspended.

See Graph at http://www.jadepage.com/jadetrial.htm
Dr. Chris

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/13/01 at 23:45 (053092)

I was off the board for a while and missed the entire discussion of your balm. I would love to get the info. Could you mail it to me at 6601-M S. Cass Avenue, Westmont IL 60559. Thanks

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/14/01 at hrmin (053101)

If you check out my website at http://www.jadepage.com most of the information is there. If you would like to contact me directly, please do. I'd only be too happy to discuss it with you.

BrianG on 7/14/01 at 13:29 (053145)

Hi Dr. Reid,

If you go back to the main message board index page, go to the very bottom of the different subjects. You'll find a link to the Jade balm trials that Scott is puting together. There is some interesting stuff happening there, unfortunatly, I'm still limping along, as before.

BCG

Mary Ann S on 7/14/01 at 15:48 (053168)

Just an update. I don't have any pain. This is the best week yet since using the jade balm. The aching I had in the arch is rare and overall my foot feels 99% better for the first time in 3 years. I get a swollen feeling in the heel after being on my feet at work but it is not like it had been.

Re: Everybody, please update your Jade 168 rating

Scott R on 8/19/01 at 08:04 (057140)

Please update your Jade 168 rating.

http://heelspurs.com/jade.cgi

x

Scott R on 8/19/01 at 08:12 (057141)

No more ratings will be accepted after this week. After everyone has posted, I'll decide if Jade 168 can be sold on heelspurs.com

Dr Reynolds,
Jade has long since past its allowance for advertising in the message board (my unwritten rule is 6 posts per year). No more posts can be made about it for this year (except by past heelspurs.com visitors who wish to discuss it). If I let everyone post so much, there would be 100 Doctors swamping the message board with products they claim cure heel pain. I'm also wondering who 'Russell C' is who rated it a 10 recently. He hasn't ever posted to the message board, and his first post was 25 days after first trying it which is not how it was supposed to work.

BG CPed on 8/19/01 at 08:55 (057145)

Famous Australian actors for $1000 Scott. Who stared in Gladiator and has a last name that sounds the same as a bird but is spelled different??

Scott R on 8/19/01 at 09:22 (057149)

huh? Are you paying by credit card or check?

BG CPed on 8/19/01 at 09:48 (057151)

Sorry Scott that answer is incorrect...who is Russel Crowe

Scott R on 8/19/01 at 18:14 (057194)

Russell C appears to be part of a scam, so I'll have to delete his record.

Scott R on 8/19/01 at 20:57 (057206)

As suspected, Russell C is from australia and doesn't know what heelspurs.com is.

bg cped on 8/19/01 at 21:18 (057209)

Well Scott if you get a post from the croc hunter watch out