Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

feeling almost human again

Posted by tammie on 8/20/01 at 12:39 (057271)

To all of my good friends here that have been concerned, I am feeling almost human again and as i say this I hesitate (as not to jinx myself) I had some pt this am and tho my ankle area and heel arch area is bothered,My calf had some relief with it. Not sure what is going on, but pain is back to a more tolerable level and hope to wean off those nasty meds, that left me with dry mouth and sleepy feeling, the dry mouth could not be that I talk to much u think? LOL No I guess not I think I was a bit quieter then normal gave the familiy a break while I slept hehe! Now I have no idea what to expect but I do know for certain that those cortisone shots really played havic with my foot and leg and whole system, and he told me he would not be giving me any more. Makes me a bit nervous as what can be next? Do you think by now I should have had effects from the cortisone, it will be a week Wed. I feel as tho I am where I was at before the shot now.My hubby thinks I should call him and tell him that so as to not waste time and let it slide, he thinks cortisone should have imediatly kicked in if it was going to help. Well Lots to think about I guess and it is good to be back in the'feeling' world.Thanks for the concern and just wanted to update you all. Hugs to u and keep on striving for the 0 pain levels!!!!! Get out of our way hurdles here we come again!

Re: feeling almost human again

Laurie R on 8/20/01 at 14:32 (057289)

Dear Tammie ,
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better. The thing about cortisone is if they help they can do wonders ,but if they don't you are back to square one ,which at this point for you is not bad. After everything you have been through . I had the same thing happen to me with my second shot . I had to go back in to see my Pod in tears me not him ,and he had given me a shot of Toradol. Which made me so sick . I can not take any type of anti-imflamms they make me so sick. I have tried so many different kinds.... I am so glad your doctor is not going to give you anymore shots.....

Yes we all have been thinking about you and miss you so much. Thank you for the update ..... You sure did not deserve this .

Hang in there Tammie you will get better .

Much love sweet friend ,Laurie

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/20/01 at 16:56 (057311)

Hi,

I have seen two weeks for some injections to work. So give it another week.
Not typical but have seen this happen

Re: Re:Thanks dr. z

tammie on 8/20/01 at 18:24 (057329)

Thanks to u Dr. Z, I am going to hope I am special then lol, and that maybe it will work for me,and if not I will overcome this hurdel to gee I dont know how long I can keep going over thease hurdles I am getting to old for it lol I keep knocking them down lol. Hope they dont keep trying to catch up with me! Again thanks for the support!

Re: ah Laurie,

Tammie on 8/20/01 at 18:29 (057331)

Thanks u sweetheart, I am noone special I guess i have to take my lows as well as anyone else! I just Get kinda impatient at times but gee it has been a long time heheh for being told about 6 to 8 weeks lol. But hehe I am hanging in. Miss our chats must get to talk soon, been to drugged to do a whole lot, but today my mind is fresh and alert! And I did all my laundry today and am very proud that it is done! Oh and I made dinner to wow havent done that for a few days, hope the familiy doesnt mind real food lol they kinda like that junk fast stuff! So starting my week better then the ending of last week! Hugs to u friend!

Necee on 8/20/01 at 22:48 (057373)

Hi Tammie,
So glad to see you posting again! You've really had an up-hill battle, and I admire you for remaining positive and not giving up.
You know that part of our getting over this is based on how we react mentally to it. It's so hard somtimes when we are in so much pain, but we have to stay focused.

This board is one place to come, its our 'comfort zone', we all understand what each of us has been going through. Sure we all have our families, but do they really know the magnitude of our discomfort and dispair? Until one experiences what we all deal with on a daily basis, how could they know.

Well, I just finished a wonderful, funfilled night chatting with my friends! I started typing this post and got an invite from Tammie! How funny, I was thinking about her and 'Bam' there she was! And then our little private chat got bigger and bigger and bigger, we were having such a good time, I forgot about my pain!

Yes, fellowship is a good thing!

Happy Trails!
Necee

Beverly on 8/22/01 at 13:09 (057556)

Tammie,

Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. I've learned to be grateful for small improvements. I had a cortisone shot in each foot last October and it did me no good at all... just left me feeling sore and got a mild yeast infection. But for some people hear, they wax poetry over them.
Keep taking it easy. Over and over, I learn the hard way not to push it too far. I know this is easier said than done.

Best wishes,
Beverly

Re: Ok pt today and evaluation

Tammie on 8/22/01 at 15:49 (057576)

Well thanks for the support, I am feeling a bit better today emotionally anyways. I had pt today and we discussed again the progress or lack of it. I think I have a good person doing my pt and I do think he has tried, but not having much progress with it or the cortisone treatment yet. He encouraged me to talk with my pod and to really listen and ask him questions as he feels he has some points that I need to hear. He is not pro surgery in fact he suffers pf himself and has not had surgery or does not intend on it. But feels that sometimes it is needed. So I already have heard this and well I am thinking I may call him , as I do have a appt. next week but no relief and no change is wasting time , if I need another opion I will have to get busy.So lots on the mind, with not allot of answers . The pf surgery did help and if it was not nerve stuff maybe I would have been back to things by now , he does not believe the pf is the problem but assures me he is not a medical Dr. and that I must talk to them.

Laurie R on 8/20/01 at 14:32 (057289)

Dear Tammie ,
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better. The thing about cortisone is if they help they can do wonders ,but if they don't you are back to square one ,which at this point for you is not bad. After everything you have been through . I had the same thing happen to me with my second shot . I had to go back in to see my Pod in tears me not him ,and he had given me a shot of Toradol. Which made me so sick . I can not take any type of anti-imflamms they make me so sick. I have tried so many different kinds.... I am so glad your doctor is not going to give you anymore shots.....

Yes we all have been thinking about you and miss you so much. Thank you for the update ..... You sure did not deserve this .

Hang in there Tammie you will get better .

Much love sweet friend ,Laurie

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/20/01 at 16:56 (057311)

Hi,

I have seen two weeks for some injections to work. So give it another week.
Not typical but have seen this happen

Re: Re:Thanks dr. z

tammie on 8/20/01 at 18:24 (057329)

Thanks to u Dr. Z, I am going to hope I am special then lol, and that maybe it will work for me,and if not I will overcome this hurdel to gee I dont know how long I can keep going over thease hurdles I am getting to old for it lol I keep knocking them down lol. Hope they dont keep trying to catch up with me! Again thanks for the support!

Re: ah Laurie,

Tammie on 8/20/01 at 18:29 (057331)

Thanks u sweetheart, I am noone special I guess i have to take my lows as well as anyone else! I just Get kinda impatient at times but gee it has been a long time heheh for being told about 6 to 8 weeks lol. But hehe I am hanging in. Miss our chats must get to talk soon, been to drugged to do a whole lot, but today my mind is fresh and alert! And I did all my laundry today and am very proud that it is done! Oh and I made dinner to wow havent done that for a few days, hope the familiy doesnt mind real food lol they kinda like that junk fast stuff! So starting my week better then the ending of last week! Hugs to u friend!

Necee on 8/20/01 at 22:48 (057373)

Hi Tammie,
So glad to see you posting again! You've really had an up-hill battle, and I admire you for remaining positive and not giving up.
You know that part of our getting over this is based on how we react mentally to it. It's so hard somtimes when we are in so much pain, but we have to stay focused.

This board is one place to come, its our 'comfort zone', we all understand what each of us has been going through. Sure we all have our families, but do they really know the magnitude of our discomfort and dispair? Until one experiences what we all deal with on a daily basis, how could they know.

Well, I just finished a wonderful, funfilled night chatting with my friends! I started typing this post and got an invite from Tammie! How funny, I was thinking about her and 'Bam' there she was! And then our little private chat got bigger and bigger and bigger, we were having such a good time, I forgot about my pain!

Yes, fellowship is a good thing!

Happy Trails!
Necee

Beverly on 8/22/01 at 13:09 (057556)

Tammie,

Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. I've learned to be grateful for small improvements. I had a cortisone shot in each foot last October and it did me no good at all... just left me feeling sore and got a mild yeast infection. But for some people hear, they wax poetry over them.
Keep taking it easy. Over and over, I learn the hard way not to push it too far. I know this is easier said than done.

Best wishes,
Beverly

Re: Ok pt today and evaluation

Tammie on 8/22/01 at 15:49 (057576)

Well thanks for the support, I am feeling a bit better today emotionally anyways. I had pt today and we discussed again the progress or lack of it. I think I have a good person doing my pt and I do think he has tried, but not having much progress with it or the cortisone treatment yet. He encouraged me to talk with my pod and to really listen and ask him questions as he feels he has some points that I need to hear. He is not pro surgery in fact he suffers pf himself and has not had surgery or does not intend on it. But feels that sometimes it is needed. So I already have heard this and well I am thinking I may call him , as I do have a appt. next week but no relief and no change is wasting time , if I need another opion I will have to get busy.So lots on the mind, with not allot of answers . The pf surgery did help and if it was not nerve stuff maybe I would have been back to things by now , he does not believe the pf is the problem but assures me he is not a medical Dr. and that I must talk to them.