Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sorry Nancy

Posted by Maureen S on 8/21/01 at 13:23 (057440)

Well as you know our chat ended abruptly due to the lousy service that I get ffom AOL in my area! Then the phone rang for my hubby and he had to take the call it was important, go figure! needless to say that by the time I was able to get back online you were gone. Im sorry that we didnt get to finish what seemed like a greeat start at things, putting it simply! Hope all is well and that you stay calm and happy. Sending you lots of hugs with this post.
Maureen

Re: Sorry Nancy

Nancy N on 8/21/01 at 15:09 (057448)

Maureen--

No problem, these things happen. I know you have trouble with your service, so I figured it was something like that. We'll get another chance in a few days :)

john h on 8/21/01 at 15:58 (057459)

maureen: i must not have picked up on your post and sure did not recognize that screen name (where did that come from)? how is your foot after tts and pf surgery? i had them both at same time also.

Re: John H

Maureen S on 8/22/01 at 14:15 (057561)

Well I am doing wonderfully, so far
Iam 5 1/2 weeks post op. had my stitches out on 4 wk post-op day and given a cam walker and told to take it slow and continue with the crutches gradually bearing weight. Today I can walk accross the room into the store for a quick item etc. with no trouble. My doctor said to bring my tennis shoes (I have New Balance) next time and if all goes well I can spend some time in them. I have the same trouble in my right foot along with a nasty ganglion cyst that needs to come out so Im getting the other foot fixed too, with some hesitation because you never know how thing will go!! But I am happy to have had great relief with the left foot, but as you can possibly guess the right one is mad as heck to have had all the burden, its been fun!! Let me know if you have any further questions I will be glad to share. My E-Mail is mosalazar@aol.com And about my name Mo is a nicknake or short name for Maaureen
Wishes of Happy Feet to all
Maureen

john h on 8/23/01 at 14:15 (057689)

maureen: 12 days after my surgery i threw the crutches into the garage and felt great. walked out the door and went to work. i thought i must have visited Lourdes or something. unfortunately about a week later i began a setback. stupid me! should have let that devil heal.

Glenn X on 8/23/01 at 21:16 (057761)

John: Me too! Maybe four times I've felt ready and ventured off w/o crutches only to later realize it was too soon. Patience is my mighty hardest lesson to learn. Doesn't help when every day someone or other asks, 'when you going to get off those?'

I'm making headway now, but as soon as I feel ready to chuck the crutches I'm tempted to duct tape them to my arms. They'll have to be pried from my cold, overworked fingers this time.

During the week following your Lourdes experience did you happen to use any bad words?

Re: Glenn

john h on 8/24/01 at 13:30 (057835)

glenn. from the beginging i have never treated my feet with respect. over the years, the minute i felt improvement i would rush off to do something physical. i cannot believe that one day when i felt a little improvement and was walking by the basketball court i decided i could still take it to hoop. sure buddy, i took it to the hoop for about 30 minutes and suffered miserable for about 6 months. i am not a very good patient and have always been a little hyper active. hard to break a lifetime of doing what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it. pain will eventually wear you down however and maybe, just maybe i am begining to receive the message. you appear to me as one who has the will and determination to find the cure for yourself one way on another. perserve my friend.

Nancy N on 8/21/01 at 15:09 (057448)

Maureen--

No problem, these things happen. I know you have trouble with your service, so I figured it was something like that. We'll get another chance in a few days :)

john h on 8/21/01 at 15:58 (057459)

maureen: i must not have picked up on your post and sure did not recognize that screen name (where did that come from)? how is your foot after tts and pf surgery? i had them both at same time also.

Maureen S on 8/22/01 at 14:15 (057561)

Well I am doing wonderfully, so far
Iam 5 1/2 weeks post op. had my stitches out on 4 wk post-op day and given a cam walker and told to take it slow and continue with the crutches gradually bearing weight. Today I can walk accross the room into the store for a quick item etc. with no trouble. My doctor said to bring my tennis shoes (I have New Balance) next time and if all goes well I can spend some time in them. I have the same trouble in my right foot along with a nasty ganglion cyst that needs to come out so Im getting the other foot fixed too, with some hesitation because you never know how thing will go!! But I am happy to have had great relief with the left foot, but as you can possibly guess the right one is mad as heck to have had all the burden, its been fun!! Let me know if you have any further questions I will be glad to share. My E-Mail is mosalazar@aol.com And about my name Mo is a nicknake or short name for Maaureen
Wishes of Happy Feet to all
Maureen

john h on 8/23/01 at 14:15 (057689)

maureen: 12 days after my surgery i threw the crutches into the garage and felt great. walked out the door and went to work. i thought i must have visited Lourdes or something. unfortunately about a week later i began a setback. stupid me! should have let that devil heal.

Glenn X on 8/23/01 at 21:16 (057761)

John: Me too! Maybe four times I've felt ready and ventured off w/o crutches only to later realize it was too soon. Patience is my mighty hardest lesson to learn. Doesn't help when every day someone or other asks, 'when you going to get off those?'

I'm making headway now, but as soon as I feel ready to chuck the crutches I'm tempted to duct tape them to my arms. They'll have to be pried from my cold, overworked fingers this time.

During the week following your Lourdes experience did you happen to use any bad words?

Re: Glenn

john h on 8/24/01 at 13:30 (057835)

glenn. from the beginging i have never treated my feet with respect. over the years, the minute i felt improvement i would rush off to do something physical. i cannot believe that one day when i felt a little improvement and was walking by the basketball court i decided i could still take it to hoop. sure buddy, i took it to the hoop for about 30 minutes and suffered miserable for about 6 months. i am not a very good patient and have always been a little hyper active. hard to break a lifetime of doing what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it. pain will eventually wear you down however and maybe, just maybe i am begining to receive the message. you appear to me as one who has the will and determination to find the cure for yourself one way on another. perserve my friend.