Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tony O, my 2 cents

Posted by Maureen S on 8/22/01 at 15:18 (057572)

Well here it goes,
Ive been suffering for almost 3 years and my previous pods said change your job, stop working etc take this med and take that med and they didnt want to help me solve the problem to finding the source and cause of the pain!! But I did heavy research and asked a new Dr. for tests and such and I have been happy to say things are on the right track had confirmation of tts and am post-op. Now I am a nurse and see lots of distressed people like yourself, one thing to keep in mind is that you need to calm yourself down when you see the Dr. if you can. Sometimes they see agression and Frustration as someone who might not ever be happy with whatever care they are offered and a liability to treat!! This is sad but true!! Do you have a friend or family that can go with you to offer some help and guidance to staying calm? Alos yo need a plan, a beginning complaint and not a demand from the Dr. when you first go so they dont feel overwhelmed. If they feel that your trouble is more than they can handle they will and sometimes pass the buck, this is also sad but true. Your Pain and frustration needs to be managed, and the anger and unhappiness you are having can comppound the pain and make it worse. This might sound odd but like many of us we look to each other to get away from the pain , taking our mind off of it by coming here. Do you have any interests, reading, playing your instruments while sitting? Something that can give you some happiness take some of your mind off the pain? This can help, it is not a cure but the mind is a powerful thing and if it consumed with unhappiness and anger that is not very good emotionally or physically!! Again we are here to help you and i think you need to focus on a plan and find a Dr. to begin a pathway to recovery. I know you will find someone and as many have said , where are you from and maybe we can give you a referral!!
Dont give up we are her for you
Maureen

Re: Tony O, my 2 cents

eileenc on 8/23/01 at 06:58 (057656)

Well, said.

Re: Tony O, my 2 cents

eileenc on 8/23/01 at 06:58 (057656)

Well, said.