Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Acupuncture Anyone?

Posted by Michelle M. on 8/23/01 at 15:06 (057695)

Hello--

I'm new to the site and have been absorbing all the tips and info like crazy! You guys (and gals) are terrific. I have seen references to acupuncture and would like to know what, if any, success anyone has had?
Please advise.

Thanks 'n' Stuff!

Michelle :-)

Re: Acupuncture Anyone?

john h on 8/23/01 at 18:47 (057735)

michelle: i have had accupuncture. had about 8 treatments and no help. i have seen some post where people have indicated it helped. you also might note their are different types of accupuncture. make sure you practicionare is certified in your state and meets quality health standards.

Clara on 8/24/01 at 08:09 (057785)

Hi Michelle!
I have had acupuncture, for about 15 treatments, WITH GOOD HELP!!!!
I will start working on monday, halftime!!! I have been off-work for 6 months now. I have had set-backs too, so I know that I must take it easy now. But I´m so greatful for this. I cannot believe it´s true. So I am very, very careful and this time, I will not run around like I did last time I was 'cured'. Then, when I got ill AGAIN I really was depressed, but the acupuncture helped me.

I dont know if the acupuncture helps you, it´s very individual...
I agree with john h. - there are lots of different types of acupuncure, see that you get the right person.

Try it - the needles hurts at first (for about 2 seconds,not more), but I think it´s heaven!! It´s worth a try!

Good luck
from Clara

Jonet T on 8/24/01 at 09:27 (057798)

Hai,

I've had acupunture as well and at first it really helped. Unfortunatly, I messed up completly again and then the treatments didn't help anymore. At the last appointment the acupunturist tried a new angle and it had an immediate effect. So, give it a try. If your with a good docter it won't hurt, (well, not much) and you can't affort to leave any stone unturned.

Jonet

john h on 8/23/01 at 18:47 (057735)

michelle: i have had accupuncture. had about 8 treatments and no help. i have seen some post where people have indicated it helped. you also might note their are different types of accupuncture. make sure you practicionare is certified in your state and meets quality health standards.

Clara on 8/24/01 at 08:09 (057785)

Hi Michelle!
I have had acupuncture, for about 15 treatments, WITH GOOD HELP!!!!
I will start working on monday, halftime!!! I have been off-work for 6 months now. I have had set-backs too, so I know that I must take it easy now. But I´m so greatful for this. I cannot believe it´s true. So I am very, very careful and this time, I will not run around like I did last time I was 'cured'. Then, when I got ill AGAIN I really was depressed, but the acupuncture helped me.

I dont know if the acupuncture helps you, it´s very individual...
I agree with john h. - there are lots of different types of acupuncure, see that you get the right person.

Try it - the needles hurts at first (for about 2 seconds,not more), but I think it´s heaven!! It´s worth a try!

Good luck
from Clara

Jonet T on 8/24/01 at 09:27 (057798)

Hai,

I've had acupunture as well and at first it really helped. Unfortunatly, I messed up completly again and then the treatments didn't help anymore. At the last appointment the acupunturist tried a new angle and it had an immediate effect. So, give it a try. If your with a good docter it won't hurt, (well, not much) and you can't affort to leave any stone unturned.

Jonet