Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

first trip to the dr.

Posted by elizabeth b on 8/23/01 at 16:07 (057706)

my first trip to the dr. about my foot pain was kind of disappointing. i thought he might have been a bit more thorough.10 minutes and he says i have pf from all the walking i do. i am a meter reader and have been for 6 mo. the walking does not cause near as much pain as the repeated pushing in of the parking brake. i spend 3 of 5 days a week on a driving route. this means that i drive to each house, push in the parking brake(it's a standard shift),walk to the meter and back. i do this on the average of 275-300 times on any given route.when i drove a truck with an automatic transmission i did not have the pain i am having now. in the job i had before this one,i was also an on my feet all day. i also walk for exercise every evening. yes i walk a great deal, BUT- i have been for over 2 years. if it is pf-from the walking-why now and not a year ago? i am not overweight, but i do have flat feet. i also have very little pain in my heel. it is mostly in my arch area. there is a kind of tingling,almost numb feeling on the ouside of my left calf and shin. does it sound like pf to any of you?
thanks,
e.b.

Re: first trip to the dr.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/23/01 at 19:51 (057750)

Not enough information to diagnose plantar fascia. How does the bottom of your feet feel when you first get up in the morning?
Ed

elizabeth b. on 8/27/01 at 09:11 (058086)

a little stiff with some pain, but not the amount of pain that i've read i should have. it hurts mostly in my arch.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/23/01 at 19:51 (057750)

Not enough information to diagnose plantar fascia. How does the bottom of your feet feel when you first get up in the morning?
Ed

elizabeth b. on 8/27/01 at 09:11 (058086)

a little stiff with some pain, but not the amount of pain that i've read i should have. it hurts mostly in my arch.