Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT Treatment in Canada

Posted by PeteA on 8/23/01 at 16:25 (057708)

Hello,

Does anyone have information in regards to PF Treatment in Canada. I have heard that it is much cheeper there as well as in Germany. I would like to talk with someone whom has had PF treatment done in Canada if there is anyone whom has had it. I would be willing to fly all that way if it is in a good price range for the ESWT procedure.

Does anyone have any contact information?

Thank you,

Re: ESWT Treatment in Canada

john h on 8/23/01 at 19:08 (057740)

scott did have all the available contacts listed somewhere on the board. search it out. i suspect it is still there.

David on 8/23/01 at 21:21 (057762)

ESWT for PF is available in Canada. Toll Free # for more info is
1 (877) 766-6287

Heidi on 8/24/01 at 13:04 (057828)

We are located just north of Toronto and we use Sonocur Plus. If you would like some info please feel free to write to me at eswt.markham@bayshore.ca and I'll send you some info.

I am the senior ESWT Therapist at Bayshore ESWT Pain Clinic and would love to help you. I also know of Dr. Galea from the Sports Med Clinic close to Toronto as well and I can get you in contact with him.

The third clinic that I knowa about is Sonorex. I can look their number up as well.

As for now - give me a call (905) 947-4446 or email me and we'll see if we can help. I look forward to hearing from you
Heidi

john h on 8/28/01 at 18:35 (058289)

the names of treating doctors, phone numbers, and locations are still available on this board. You can also check prices by looking at the ESWT survey as the price each person paid and the type of equipment used for each person is noted.

Rhonda L on 10/27/01 at 07:34 (063676)

My husband was treated just outside of Toronto. The equipment was called Orthospec. He saw Dr Galea at The Sports Institute. The cost was $1500 for a single treatment. I was quoted $750 if another treatment is required. The procedure was done on October 19, 2001. He was injected with a local anesthetic before the procedure, but it was still quite painful. It appears to have been very successful, one week after the procedure and David is experiencing minimal pain. Hopefully, it will all be gone at 12 weeks. I think that a decision as to which machine will work best is probably related to the patient's pain tolerance. David's procedure may not have been as successful if the pain prevented him from completing the procedure. Good luck!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/27/01 at 13:31 (063685)

This is very true. That is why it is very important that the treating
doctor have the ability to use a local anesthetic and some type of sedation if necessary. In my mobile ESWT unit we have found that the use of 2% lidocaine plain has eliminated all pain in patients that can't tolerate ESWT sonic pulsations. In addition the machine that has the ability to use low, medium and high energy is what I like.

The group that you went to are very good and first introduced me to the ossatron treatment back in 1998

Glad that your husband is doing so well!!. ESWT is great when it works.

Rhonda L on 10/29/01 at 14:33 (063764)

The treatment has been INCREDIBLE!!!! After so much suffering, he finally feels better. I wish insurance in the US would cover the procedure. All suffers should be able to get this relief.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/29/01 at 15:39 (063768)

IT was Dr. Galea who used the ossatron back in 1997. This was the first doctor I ever talked to about ESWT. I believe that his new machine is very similiar to the orbasone ESWT machine in its ability to deliver the same levels of energy at the f2. Is he using the orthspec ESWT machine.?

Rhonda L on 10/31/01 at 07:22 (063871)

Yes, Dr Galea was using the Medispec/Orthospec machine. He said that it was more powerful than the Ossatron, but less painful. He said, that initially it seemed less powerful, and he had them regap the sparkplug. I don't know what all this means but maybe you will. Dr Galea decided to give David 4000 shocks since we had made a long journey. He would come in about every 15 min and increase the power. It was been a great success.

john h on 8/23/01 at 19:08 (057740)

scott did have all the available contacts listed somewhere on the board. search it out. i suspect it is still there.

David on 8/23/01 at 21:21 (057762)

ESWT for PF is available in Canada. Toll Free # for more info is
1 (877) 766-6287

Heidi on 8/24/01 at 13:04 (057828)

We are located just north of Toronto and we use Sonocur Plus. If you would like some info please feel free to write to me at eswt.markham@bayshore.ca and I'll send you some info.

I am the senior ESWT Therapist at Bayshore ESWT Pain Clinic and would love to help you. I also know of Dr. Galea from the Sports Med Clinic close to Toronto as well and I can get you in contact with him.

The third clinic that I knowa about is Sonorex. I can look their number up as well.

As for now - give me a call (905) 947-4446 or email me and we'll see if we can help. I look forward to hearing from you
Heidi

john h on 8/28/01 at 18:35 (058289)

the names of treating doctors, phone numbers, and locations are still available on this board. You can also check prices by looking at the ESWT survey as the price each person paid and the type of equipment used for each person is noted.

Rhonda L on 10/27/01 at 07:34 (063676)

My husband was treated just outside of Toronto. The equipment was called Orthospec. He saw Dr Galea at The Sports Institute. The cost was $1500 for a single treatment. I was quoted $750 if another treatment is required. The procedure was done on October 19, 2001. He was injected with a local anesthetic before the procedure, but it was still quite painful. It appears to have been very successful, one week after the procedure and David is experiencing minimal pain. Hopefully, it will all be gone at 12 weeks. I think that a decision as to which machine will work best is probably related to the patient's pain tolerance. David's procedure may not have been as successful if the pain prevented him from completing the procedure. Good luck!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/27/01 at 13:31 (063685)

This is very true. That is why it is very important that the treating
doctor have the ability to use a local anesthetic and some type of sedation if necessary. In my mobile ESWT unit we have found that the use of 2% lidocaine plain has eliminated all pain in patients that can't tolerate ESWT sonic pulsations. In addition the machine that has the ability to use low, medium and high energy is what I like.

The group that you went to are very good and first introduced me to the ossatron treatment back in 1998

Glad that your husband is doing so well!!. ESWT is great when it works.

Rhonda L on 10/29/01 at 14:33 (063764)

The treatment has been INCREDIBLE!!!! After so much suffering, he finally feels better. I wish insurance in the US would cover the procedure. All suffers should be able to get this relief.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/29/01 at 15:39 (063768)

IT was Dr. Galea who used the ossatron back in 1997. This was the first doctor I ever talked to about ESWT. I believe that his new machine is very similiar to the orbasone ESWT machine in its ability to deliver the same levels of energy at the f2. Is he using the orthspec ESWT machine.?

Rhonda L on 10/31/01 at 07:22 (063871)

Yes, Dr Galea was using the Medispec/Orthospec machine. He said that it was more powerful than the Ossatron, but less painful. He said, that initially it seemed less powerful, and he had them regap the sparkplug. I don't know what all this means but maybe you will. Dr Galea decided to give David 4000 shocks since we had made a long journey. He would come in about every 15 min and increase the power. It was been a great success.