Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Rolling foot on bottle?

Posted by Suzanne P on 8/23/01 at 17:55 (057725)

I just found this website and I feel better already! It's nice to know I'm not the only one dealing with this. One of the things that the doctor recommended for treatment is rolling my foot over a Coke bottle to stretch out my foot. It seems to help, but I'm not sure how hard I should press on the bottle or how long I should do it for. The doctor didn't give me any instructions other than to roll my foot on the bottle. If I press very hard, my tendon gets sore, but my heel feels better. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Should I just press lightly, so the tendon gets stretched gradually, or should I be pressing harder? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Suzanne

Re: Rolling foot on bottle?

Suzanne D on 8/23/01 at 18:24 (057731)

My doctor told me to freeze water in a plastic soft drink bottle and roll my foot over it for about 10 minutes 2 times a day. If I understood correctly, the ice as well as the rolling motion both help PF. He did not mention how hard to press, but I just do what seems to feel right to me. I have been doing as he said for 3 weeks now as well as stretching 3 times a day and taking an anit-inflammatory drug, and it has seemed to help.

Hope this helps you some.

BG CPed on 8/23/01 at 19:09 (057741)

He should have told you about the other method. You freeze 2 coke bottles one water and one coke. Roll foot on the water filled and fill the other 1/2 Bacardi 1/2 coke and a lime. Your foot will feel better in 25 minutes.

Re: HA HA HA HA

Carmen H on 8/24/01 at 07:19 (057780)

Thanks for the morning laugh!!!!!! That one tickled my funny bone.

Linda C. on 8/24/01 at 08:57 (057788)

Hey, I like that treatment!

Richard, C.Ped on 8/24/01 at 09:45 (057803)

Be careful...you may end up rolling on the floor with the bottle..... :-)
Richard

Suzanne D on 8/24/01 at 12:49 (057826)

It's nice to smile about all this sometimes! Thanks~!

Michael K on 8/24/01 at 18:21 (057865)

..and don't forget the BBQ chips...

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/24/01 at 20:02 (057880)

I prefer Coke bottles to Pepsi.
Ed

Re: Funny you should mention it....

Suzanne P. on 8/26/01 at 00:34 (057987)

Obviously, I will have to check this site more frequently--you people have been having a party while I was gone! My PF began as a result of waiting tables. Since I work in a restaurant, I actually use a Michelob bottle instead of a Coke bottle since it was easier to get. One of my co-workers suggested that Michelob bottles work much better if they are fresh, and that I should therefore make sure to replace the bottle under my foot every 5 to 10 minutes, and the pain would be gone in no time. I'm very relieved to find that this problem is so easily cured. Good, sound medical advice will do it every time. :)

Suzanne D on 8/23/01 at 18:24 (057731)

My doctor told me to freeze water in a plastic soft drink bottle and roll my foot over it for about 10 minutes 2 times a day. If I understood correctly, the ice as well as the rolling motion both help PF. He did not mention how hard to press, but I just do what seems to feel right to me. I have been doing as he said for 3 weeks now as well as stretching 3 times a day and taking an anit-inflammatory drug, and it has seemed to help.

Hope this helps you some.

BG CPed on 8/23/01 at 19:09 (057741)

He should have told you about the other method. You freeze 2 coke bottles one water and one coke. Roll foot on the water filled and fill the other 1/2 Bacardi 1/2 coke and a lime. Your foot will feel better in 25 minutes.

Re: HA HA HA HA

Carmen H on 8/24/01 at 07:19 (057780)

Thanks for the morning laugh!!!!!! That one tickled my funny bone.

Linda C. on 8/24/01 at 08:57 (057788)

Hey, I like that treatment!

Richard, C.Ped on 8/24/01 at 09:45 (057803)

Be careful...you may end up rolling on the floor with the bottle..... :-)
Richard

Suzanne D on 8/24/01 at 12:49 (057826)

It's nice to smile about all this sometimes! Thanks~!

Michael K on 8/24/01 at 18:21 (057865)

..and don't forget the BBQ chips...

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/24/01 at 20:02 (057880)

I prefer Coke bottles to Pepsi.
Ed

Re: Funny you should mention it....

Suzanne P. on 8/26/01 at 00:34 (057987)

Obviously, I will have to check this site more frequently--you people have been having a party while I was gone! My PF began as a result of waiting tables. Since I work in a restaurant, I actually use a Michelob bottle instead of a Coke bottle since it was easier to get. One of my co-workers suggested that Michelob bottles work much better if they are fresh, and that I should therefore make sure to replace the bottle under my foot every 5 to 10 minutes, and the pain would be gone in no time. I'm very relieved to find that this problem is so easily cured. Good, sound medical advice will do it every time. :)