Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Questions about NSAIDs and resting

Posted by Suzanne D on 8/23/01 at 20:02 (057753)

This is all so new to me, and I have been reading and reading on this site since I found it about 4 weeks ago. Thanks to this site I have foundBirkenstocks which DO seem to suit me and help and much other useful information. There is still so much to understand. I went to a Podiatrist 3 weeks ago who taped my feet(to be left on 4 or 5 days)and prescribed a week of steroids and icing. When I went back, he instructed on stretching as well and prescribed a NSAID, Naproxin. I DO feel better, but am wondering after reading that NSAIDs are only temporarily helpful. How long will I be told to take them? What then? Also, at night my feet are uncomfortable any way I try to lie. Any suggestions? I have read about the night splints and am wondering...My feet still hurt in the morning when I get up but I am better during the day. I teach first grade and began school Aug. 1. I was hurting so badly by the end of each day that I was almost in tears. Thanks for any advice!

Re: Questions about NSAIDs and resting

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/24/01 at 10:52 (057812)

The NSAIDS are there to get you through the acute phase, maybe 3 to 6 weeks, while you are waiting for the other modalities to hell the fascia.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/24/01 at 10:53 (057813)

mis-spelling: heal the fascia
ed

Suzanne D on 8/24/01 at 12:48 (057825)

THANK YOU for your prompt reply! That helps me better understand my treatment . This site is a blessing! I am so glad I found it.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/24/01 at 10:52 (057812)

The NSAIDS are there to get you through the acute phase, maybe 3 to 6 weeks, while you are waiting for the other modalities to hell the fascia.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/24/01 at 10:53 (057813)

mis-spelling: heal the fascia
ed

Suzanne D on 8/24/01 at 12:48 (057825)

THANK YOU for your prompt reply! That helps me better understand my treatment . This site is a blessing! I am so glad I found it.