Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Three Wise Feet

Posted by Barbara TX on 8/24/01 at 21:25 (057888)

I just saw the picture on the new picture board and realized that one of those is my foot, and it is nearly double the size of the other ones. Holy cow. Did Judy take that, or John? Dr. Z said he would have never guessed that my feet were that big, but seeing a picture of the facts I think he is a big fat liar! B.

Re: Three Wise Feet

Scott R on 8/25/01 at 07:42 (057901)

You know, i could make the program change any occurance of the word 'fat' to 'overweight', '1984' style. :)

Nancy N on 8/25/01 at 12:03 (057925)

Barb--

I think you are being too hard on your poor feet! Look at the angle of my foot and Judy's foot, and you'll see that half of my foot is hidden (partly by Judy's jeans), and Judy's is pointed completely the other way... the reason we took it that way was to show off the stuff Dr. Z drew on our feet, remember? Trust me, my feet are not all that much bigger than yours. I average out at a women's size 10, but my NBs are men's 9 1/2! Your foot is nowhere near twice the size of mine, I guarantee you. (A friend of mine saw the casts for my orthotics a few months ago and said 'Good grief, are your feet really THAT big?' Ayup....

(Don't forget, you're pretty tall, so your feet need to be bigger so you don't fall down!)

Nancy N on 8/25/01 at 12:08 (057927)

Besides which, Barb, at least your foot has some color and doesn't look like it belongs to the Clorox Poster Girl! :)

Barbara TX on 8/25/01 at 15:04 (057948)

Then I will say pfat. B.

Barbara TX on 8/25/01 at 17:20 (057966)

Ahhh... sounds like what my mother used to say to me when I complained about my feet being big. She told me that I would blow over in a stiff breeze if my feet were any smaller. I had to wear grown-up lady shoes to my high school orientation, and the teachers thought I was a parent, and asked me who I was sending to school and where were they? Funny now, but not so funny then. B.

nancy s. on 8/25/01 at 17:37 (057968)

i like that, barb!
pfrom nancy

Re: pfat chance

wendyn on 8/26/01 at 10:17 (058014)

I think that's an overweight headed idea - overweight chance that it would work.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/26/01 at 13:32 (058031)

My father told me to never tell the truth not it comes to the age of a woman, and the size of her feet.

Jessica lied to me what she told her feet were size five when they were really
a size eight.

So you caught me. So what are the size of your feet sweetie

Barbara TX on 8/27/01 at 11:59 (058102)

Thank you for asking, honey. They are size 12.5 or 13 when I am expecting a young'un. My sister has the same size feet and is two inches taller than me (6.2) and she is in total denial, and claims she wears a 10.5. Her bunions and calluses from cramming her feet into little shoes are frightening to behold. Why she isn't suffering from foot pain and I am - I, who have fully embraced big feet, is one of my life's great mysteries.

I wonder what happened to that woman who was thinking about cutting off her toes to make her feet smaller (suzanne? or Susan?) I think of her every once in awhile. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/27/01 at 12:37 (058104)

We cut her foot in half last week. It was a real blood bath. No just joking

I have found that it you have bunions, hammer toes etc, they won't hurt if you have great flexibility in your foot. So that they just compress inside the shoe to fit. I know people who have feet that should kill them but
they have this great flexiblity feature

Julie on 8/27/01 at 15:16 (058118)

So do I,Barb. She never posted again. A very, very sad woman. I wish we could have been more help to her.

Scott R on 8/25/01 at 07:42 (057901)

You know, i could make the program change any occurance of the word 'fat' to 'overweight', '1984' style. :)

Nancy N on 8/25/01 at 12:03 (057925)

Barb--

I think you are being too hard on your poor feet! Look at the angle of my foot and Judy's foot, and you'll see that half of my foot is hidden (partly by Judy's jeans), and Judy's is pointed completely the other way... the reason we took it that way was to show off the stuff Dr. Z drew on our feet, remember? Trust me, my feet are not all that much bigger than yours. I average out at a women's size 10, but my NBs are men's 9 1/2! Your foot is nowhere near twice the size of mine, I guarantee you. (A friend of mine saw the casts for my orthotics a few months ago and said 'Good grief, are your feet really THAT big?' Ayup....

(Don't forget, you're pretty tall, so your feet need to be bigger so you don't fall down!)

Nancy N on 8/25/01 at 12:08 (057927)

Besides which, Barb, at least your foot has some color and doesn't look like it belongs to the Clorox Poster Girl! :)

Barbara TX on 8/25/01 at 15:04 (057948)

Then I will say pfat. B.

Barbara TX on 8/25/01 at 17:20 (057966)

Ahhh... sounds like what my mother used to say to me when I complained about my feet being big. She told me that I would blow over in a stiff breeze if my feet were any smaller. I had to wear grown-up lady shoes to my high school orientation, and the teachers thought I was a parent, and asked me who I was sending to school and where were they? Funny now, but not so funny then. B.

nancy s. on 8/25/01 at 17:37 (057968)

i like that, barb!
pfrom nancy

Re: pfat chance

wendyn on 8/26/01 at 10:17 (058014)

I think that's an overweight headed idea - overweight chance that it would work.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/26/01 at 13:32 (058031)

My father told me to never tell the truth not it comes to the age of a woman, and the size of her feet.

Jessica lied to me what she told her feet were size five when they were really
a size eight.

So you caught me. So what are the size of your feet sweetie

Barbara TX on 8/27/01 at 11:59 (058102)

Thank you for asking, honey. They are size 12.5 or 13 when I am expecting a young'un. My sister has the same size feet and is two inches taller than me (6.2) and she is in total denial, and claims she wears a 10.5. Her bunions and calluses from cramming her feet into little shoes are frightening to behold. Why she isn't suffering from foot pain and I am - I, who have fully embraced big feet, is one of my life's great mysteries.

I wonder what happened to that woman who was thinking about cutting off her toes to make her feet smaller (suzanne? or Susan?) I think of her every once in awhile. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/27/01 at 12:37 (058104)

We cut her foot in half last week. It was a real blood bath. No just joking

I have found that it you have bunions, hammer toes etc, they won't hurt if you have great flexibility in your foot. So that they just compress inside the shoe to fit. I know people who have feet that should kill them but
they have this great flexiblity feature

Julie on 8/27/01 at 15:16 (058118)

So do I,Barb. She never posted again. A very, very sad woman. I wish we could have been more help to her.