Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Posted by Sue M on 8/25/01 at 16:20 (057955)

I have suffered with T.T.S for nearly 6 years now. I cannot take any form of pain killers. i would love to know if anyone has found a good subsitute for pain relief. Any small thing, like cod liver oil. I think my main problem is the burning in my legs and feet. Also the sharp pain in the back of my legs

Re: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/25/01 at 20:02 (057978)

TTS causes pain and numbness on the bottom of the feet, not the legs. Is your diagnosis certain?

What is the reason that you cannot take any form of pain killers?

There are some topical medications that may be helpful--Dolgit gel, mentioned on the first page of this site-- cannot take it if ou are allergic to ibuprofen.

What have you done to treat the TTS so far?
Ed

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/26/01 at 05:59 (057998)

Hi

This doesn't sound like TTS . AS Dr. Davis states buring, tingling , numbness in the foot and ankle. is typical TTS

eileenc on 8/26/01 at 08:40 (058006)

Ask your doctor about Neurontin. It really helped me with the burning type nerve pain.

wendyn on 8/26/01 at 10:13 (058013)

Hi Dr Ed - I've also experiencd the pain, numbness and burning into my lower legs - this gets worse the longer I'm on my feet. When my feet were particularly bad - the pain was most intense from the bottom of my foot - through the ankle along the bath of the nerve, right up to about mid calf.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/28/01 at 13:28 (058231)

It doe not sound like TTS, as Dr. Z pointed out. Could be TTS with addition of neuropathy. Have you had an NCV/EMG?
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/25/01 at 20:02 (057978)

TTS causes pain and numbness on the bottom of the feet, not the legs. Is your diagnosis certain?

What is the reason that you cannot take any form of pain killers?

There are some topical medications that may be helpful--Dolgit gel, mentioned on the first page of this site-- cannot take it if ou are allergic to ibuprofen.

What have you done to treat the TTS so far?
Ed

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/26/01 at 05:59 (057998)

Hi

This doesn't sound like TTS . AS Dr. Davis states buring, tingling , numbness in the foot and ankle. is typical TTS

eileenc on 8/26/01 at 08:40 (058006)

Ask your doctor about Neurontin. It really helped me with the burning type nerve pain.

wendyn on 8/26/01 at 10:13 (058013)

Hi Dr Ed - I've also experiencd the pain, numbness and burning into my lower legs - this gets worse the longer I'm on my feet. When my feet were particularly bad - the pain was most intense from the bottom of my foot - through the ankle along the bath of the nerve, right up to about mid calf.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/28/01 at 13:28 (058231)

It doe not sound like TTS, as Dr. Z pointed out. Could be TTS with addition of neuropathy. Have you had an NCV/EMG?
Ed