Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Carmen

Posted by Pauline on 8/27/01 at 17:59 (058144)

Carmen,
What an extraordinary person you must be. What you did for that prisoner
is far more than many people would do. They say their are angels walking on earth and surely you must be one of them. People like you only pass by us once in a lifetime and I want you to know my life is richer because of the contributions you've made.

Re: That was SO nice....

Carmen H on 8/28/01 at 07:18 (058204)

You can't imagine how good that makes me feel. I have tried to come to grips with the enormity of the task I undertook and the situations I put myself in every Saturday and Sunday going up to visit him...and I can't even believe it today. 3 years later.
Let me tell you that there were definitely angels watching over me while I went through that.....the places I drove, the weather I drove through, the 70 hours I was working while trying to get him released, just being in that awful place was enough to let me know.....I was being watched over.
I even managed to get the DA that put him away to write a letter telling me he'd do anything to help me get him out (he KNEW he put away an innocent man). That was an experience that changed my whole life forever. I would like to write a book but I am not a 'writer'...
Your words are kind...and that really makes me feel good. thank you....

Re: To Carman

Pauline on 8/28/01 at 09:23 (058206)

Carmen,
I hope someday you will write that book. It's a story that should be told.
Against the greatest odds you prevailed and not only changed a man's life but you changed the way others look at him. Write your story not for yourself but to inspire others. It could impact a lot of lives.

Re: Pauline

Carmen H on 8/28/01 at 14:09 (058239)

I will keep you posted on my endeavors....it's hard to put the experience into words even though I journaled through the whole thing, kept all my letters, and copies of everything I did. Putting it into format is hard to think of!
Thanks again....Sometimes I wonder if anyone understands how truly unbelievable the whole thing was.

Re: That was SO nice....

Carmen H on 8/28/01 at 07:18 (058204)

You can't imagine how good that makes me feel. I have tried to come to grips with the enormity of the task I undertook and the situations I put myself in every Saturday and Sunday going up to visit him...and I can't even believe it today. 3 years later.
Let me tell you that there were definitely angels watching over me while I went through that.....the places I drove, the weather I drove through, the 70 hours I was working while trying to get him released, just being in that awful place was enough to let me know.....I was being watched over.
I even managed to get the DA that put him away to write a letter telling me he'd do anything to help me get him out (he KNEW he put away an innocent man). That was an experience that changed my whole life forever. I would like to write a book but I am not a 'writer'...
Your words are kind...and that really makes me feel good. thank you....

Re: To Carman

Pauline on 8/28/01 at 09:23 (058206)

Carmen,
I hope someday you will write that book. It's a story that should be told.
Against the greatest odds you prevailed and not only changed a man's life but you changed the way others look at him. Write your story not for yourself but to inspire others. It could impact a lot of lives.

Re: Pauline

Carmen H on 8/28/01 at 14:09 (058239)

I will keep you posted on my endeavors....it's hard to put the experience into words even though I journaled through the whole thing, kept all my letters, and copies of everything I did. Putting it into format is hard to think of!
Thanks again....Sometimes I wonder if anyone understands how truly unbelievable the whole thing was.