Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

vascular constriction

Posted by Rick B. on 8/27/01 at 23:07 (058192)

I have had PF in the center of my arch for a year and a half. I also get vascular constriction on the bottom of my feet when ever I walk. It settles down at night. Does anyone else have this sympton and what can be done to improve my comfort level. I am in fit condition with no other circulation problems.

Re: move over black cherry, here comes lemon juice!!

elliott on 8/28/01 at 13:03 (058228)

The article below is from the Times of London, dated August 20:

--------

Lemon juice 'cuts the risk of DVT' BY DAVID CHARTER, HEALTH CORRESPONDENT

LEMON juice can help to prevent 'economy-class syndrome' by improving blood circulation during long-haul flights, scientists believe.
Passengers should drink lemon juice at least once every five hours to cut the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), the formation of potentially fatal blood clots, Japanese researchers claim.
A research team at Tokai Gakuen University, Nagoya City, said that two substances in lemon juice can help to protect against DVT. Citric acid and lemon polyphenol lower the chance of blood clotting and help to regulate blood circulation.
The group plans to release full details of the findings in September at a meeting of the Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology. The researchers gave 13 volunteers a drink containing the juice of one large lemon. Blood travelled 19 per cent faster in veins afterwards.
Sukie Nishibori, research team leader, said that airline passengers should have a lemon drink once every five hours.
DVT is a potentially fatal condition caused by blood clots forming in the legs after sitting for extended periods in the same position. Emma Christoffersen, 28, from Newport, south Wales, collapsed and died after a 20-hour flight from Australia to Britain last October. Other passengers who believe they have survived similar blood clots are suing large airlines.
Long-haul passengers are also advised to avoid alcohol on flights, walk around the aircraft and exercise in their seats to reduce the risk of clotting.

----------------

Give it a try and let us know.

Re: move over black cherry, here comes lemon juice!!

elliott on 8/28/01 at 13:03 (058228)

The article below is from the Times of London, dated August 20:

--------

Lemon juice 'cuts the risk of DVT' BY DAVID CHARTER, HEALTH CORRESPONDENT

LEMON juice can help to prevent 'economy-class syndrome' by improving blood circulation during long-haul flights, scientists believe.
Passengers should drink lemon juice at least once every five hours to cut the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), the formation of potentially fatal blood clots, Japanese researchers claim.
A research team at Tokai Gakuen University, Nagoya City, said that two substances in lemon juice can help to protect against DVT. Citric acid and lemon polyphenol lower the chance of blood clotting and help to regulate blood circulation.
The group plans to release full details of the findings in September at a meeting of the Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology. The researchers gave 13 volunteers a drink containing the juice of one large lemon. Blood travelled 19 per cent faster in veins afterwards.
Sukie Nishibori, research team leader, said that airline passengers should have a lemon drink once every five hours.
DVT is a potentially fatal condition caused by blood clots forming in the legs after sitting for extended periods in the same position. Emma Christoffersen, 28, from Newport, south Wales, collapsed and died after a 20-hour flight from Australia to Britain last October. Other passengers who believe they have survived similar blood clots are suing large airlines.
Long-haul passengers are also advised to avoid alcohol on flights, walk around the aircraft and exercise in their seats to reduce the risk of clotting.

----------------

Give it a try and let us know.