Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Still sore four days later....

Posted by Carmen H on 8/28/01 at 07:40 (058205)

After having shots in both feet Friday my right foot is still sore (tuesday). Like it's tender from the shot. Is this normal? I can walk on my left like normal but the right is sore...almost to the touch.
It was Marcaine and steroid combo....I called the doc yesterday just to check and he said it was normal to be a little soreafter the first time getting shots.
?

Re: Doc...

Carmen H on 8/28/01 at 14:01 (058237)

I keep reading about cortizone and am geting concerned b/c I don't hear ANYONE talking about Marcaine with steroid. Am I a freak of nature here or what? He plans to do 8 shots in each foot...now am I crazy for being concerned here or what? Is this treating the PF at all or just calming the Fascia? Forgive me for constantly posting but I can't afford to keep changing doctors if they are doing the wrong thing....I need to know what to look for up front. This is my fourth doc so far....hopefully the last.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/28/01 at 14:41 (058245)

Hi,

If you are receiving eight shots of a local steriod this is wrong. You could be receiving a local injections of marcaine as trigger point injections . This is a method by a Dr. Marvin Steinberg. Very old and respected podiatrist. The reason for the local anesthesia block is to provide increase circulation to the painful site . It can also block the pain receptors for that area

Re: Yes that's it!

Carmen H on 8/28/01 at 15:53 (058256)

Yes you nailed it Dr.Z. Local Marcaine shots as trigger point injections.
THAT'S what he said the first time I went in.
Okay...as long as it makes sense. He said he has VERY high success rate with this method of treatment for chronic PF. He's an older doctor.....seems very experienced. Plus he said I wasn't a big baby when I about screamed...so he gets points in my book. THAT STUFF HURTS LIKE HELLO...just like you said. WOW.

Dr/ Zuckerman on 8/28/01 at 18:02 (058278)

I don't have alot of experience with this method but the theory and practice is very reasonable. Ask you podiatrist if this is the Dr. Marvin
Steinberg method . Dr. Steinberg is a very well known and respected old time podiatrist. I use many of his principles of teaching in my practice

Carmen H on 8/28/01 at 14:01 (058237)

I keep reading about cortizone and am geting concerned b/c I don't hear ANYONE talking about Marcaine with steroid. Am I a freak of nature here or what? He plans to do 8 shots in each foot...now am I crazy for being concerned here or what? Is this treating the PF at all or just calming the Fascia? Forgive me for constantly posting but I can't afford to keep changing doctors if they are doing the wrong thing....I need to know what to look for up front. This is my fourth doc so far....hopefully the last.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/28/01 at 14:41 (058245)

Hi,

If you are receiving eight shots of a local steriod this is wrong. You could be receiving a local injections of marcaine as trigger point injections . This is a method by a Dr. Marvin Steinberg. Very old and respected podiatrist. The reason for the local anesthesia block is to provide increase circulation to the painful site . It can also block the pain receptors for that area

Carmen H on 8/28/01 at 15:53 (058256)

Yes you nailed it Dr.Z. Local Marcaine shots as trigger point injections.
THAT'S what he said the first time I went in.
Okay...as long as it makes sense. He said he has VERY high success rate with this method of treatment for chronic PF. He's an older doctor.....seems very experienced. Plus he said I wasn't a big baby when I about screamed...so he gets points in my book. THAT STUFF HURTS LIKE HELLO...just like you said. WOW.

Dr/ Zuckerman on 8/28/01 at 18:02 (058278)

I don't have alot of experience with this method but the theory and practice is very reasonable. Ask you podiatrist if this is the Dr. Marvin
Steinberg method . Dr. Steinberg is a very well known and respected old time podiatrist. I use many of his principles of teaching in my practice