Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tomorrow will be surgery

Posted by Tammie on 8/29/01 at 12:41 (058355)

Dear friends,
I have taken some time to talk with my dr. and others about my condition, all seem to agree that it is the nerve causing the upsets and symptoms I have been having. All involved are aware of what my prior treatments have been and seem to agree that this is a good step to take. As with all surgeries there are fear factors and of course I am scared for a variety of reasons! One for sure is will it do any thing better for me or will I be worse off, I have tried to put this from my mind at this point and think more on a positive level. I have decided to let my original dr. do the surgery he has been very good to me and I do trust him. I feel kind of honered as I will be his only surgery tomorrow,as he did not want me to suffer any longer if I was certain that this is what I want to do. I do and want to be back on the good road the one that means I may return to the work I do best and that I love, ( I also have been warned that the recovery can be long but in good case it can be 8 to 12 weeks and then like the pf 6 mnths to over a year.) I have many thoughts and questions and worries swirling thru my mind as I am sure many of you know. I was afraid to post as I know how some will feel about my decision, but also know that you will want me to do what we think is best at this point. Personally I cannot go on the way I have been I guess I must be a pain baby, but I just cannot do this any longer. I think those of yous who have suffered longer and for many years must be commended as you are the brave ones! I just wanted my friends and the people who have tried to help me and who care to know what I am doing as I do not know how long I will be away from my computer, not long if I can help it lol! But will say this I promised my dr. I would listen and try to do what he thinks best and to elevate more then 2 hours lol. I will try to behave but I am still impatient and I can not promise I can change that! After all that saying cant teach a old dog new tricks heheh may definetly apply to me! Well I wont take up more space witha lot of words. Just knowing that my good friends will keep me in there prayers will keep me safe, and will let me rest easy knowing I will still have friends when I return! Please do not be upset with me for my choice as I fear that some will be angry, I hesitated posting anything for this fear, as I know we are a anti surgery board as many have thought the same. I am not gung ho but I have given a shot at the other and maybe this will work maybe not in any case I will be the one who has to live with it! So tomorrow I will have surgery at 11:30 I have to be there earlier but that is the time. Keep me in your prayers please! I hope that you all understand my decision and continue to offer your friendship and support! May the heavens above bless you all and to open the sunshine in your hearts ! My prayers continue for you all my friends and wishing you happiness in the days and nights ahead! Love and hugs to you all!!!!! Love Tammie

Re: Tomorrow will be surgery

Beverly on 8/29/01 at 13:39 (058356)

Tammie,

I don't think anyone here would criticise your decision. We all have to make our own choices at the end of the day. I wish you well, and hope this puts you on the road to health.

What kind of surgery are you having?
Best wishes and prayers,
Beverly

ellen w on 8/29/01 at 14:09 (058358)

Tammie,
All our thoughts will be with you,
ellen

Janet C. on 8/29/01 at 14:11 (058359)

God Bless You, Tammie! May your TT surgery go well; and you have our best wishes for your complete and rapid recovery! I will keep you in my prayers.

With Love, Janet

D.Thomas on 8/29/01 at 15:04 (058361)

I'll pass positive thoughts your way!

Julie on 8/29/01 at 15:35 (058366)

Dear Tammie

I truly hope this surgery will put you on the road to a complete recovery and I wish you courage and joy for tomorrow and thereafter.

Don't be too long away from your keyboard, please!

All the best, Julie

Pauline on 8/29/01 at 17:10 (058381)

Tammie,
Hoping your surgery goes well and you are returned to good health soon.

john h on 8/29/01 at 18:13 (058383)

tammie: i have had pf release,tts release, and chelictomy all on same foot same day. home within 4 hours and on crutches. stayed in bed two days and then went to work on crutches. pain was very minimal. elevate the feet and ask doc about ice and pain meds. you will breeze through this. while in bed please watch Days of Our Lives for me and let me know what is happening to Princess Gina,John and Gretta. If you think you got problems check this crowd out. Really, I did not have much pain at all so do not expect much pain and enjoy a few days in bed. keep the computer keyboard near so you can keep us informed. Happy days to you Tammie!

Laurie R on 8/29/01 at 23:24 (058416)

Dear Tammie ,
Like I have told you , you and only you know what it right for you . I wish you all the best .You have been through so much in the past few months you deserve to be pain free. I am sending you many postitive thoughts .... I will be thinking about you tomarrow . I see in your last post that your surgery will be at 1:00 instead... Don't ever worry about what other people think . It is your foot and you are the one in pain . Only you and your doctor know what is bested .Much love to you sweetie , Laurie R

Donna M on 8/30/01 at 02:02 (058422)

Tammie, as nice and good as you are to everyone, I pray your surgery is a breeze and the healing process is faster than any on record!! Take care and don't stay away from the board any longer than you have to~~just prop that foot up and keep on typing!! lol
You're in my prayers.
Donna

Clara on 8/30/01 at 03:28 (058426)

Hi Tammie! Thinking about you today - 11.30 - I suppose that must be evening, about 19.30 here in Sweden at that time. I will be sitting here and send some good helpful thoughts to you then!!

Hugs
From
Clara

Re: Best wishes

BrianG on 8/30/01 at 10:41 (058451)

It's 11:35am Tammy. I'm praying to the man up stairs to guide your doctors hand. Don't worry about us, you did what you had to do. Good luck

BCG

Barbara TX on 8/30/01 at 10:45 (058453)

Very best of luck, Tammie. Let us know how your recovery goes. B.

Re: we'll be waiting for you to come back

Carmen H on 8/30/01 at 12:13 (058471)

We'll be right here waiting....keep in touch the best you can but only do what's best for you. Positive thoughts and prayers are surging your way full speed ahead....take care.
Carmen

Lisa C on 8/31/01 at 02:31 (058553)

Tammie you are in my prayers! I'm just glad to see that even with all you have been through it hasn't changed your spirit. You are probably the most optimistic I 'know'! Hurry up and get better, but don't abandon us when you do. We need your bright outlook! I hope you will be in the hospital for a few days.(not outpatient) Check off that breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, receive your visitors, view your flowers and keep the tv remote in one hand & the nurses call button in the other in case you need a glass of juice... When you go home let those big kids help! Talk on the phone, read magazines, books, write letters... Someone recommended The Poisonwood Bible as a good read. (hope it wasn't you) Get someone like you to wait on you hand & FOOT!!! Rest, relax & recover! Keep your great attitude & spirit, you are going to be great!

Beverly on 8/29/01 at 13:39 (058356)

Tammie,

I don't think anyone here would criticise your decision. We all have to make our own choices at the end of the day. I wish you well, and hope this puts you on the road to health.

What kind of surgery are you having?
Best wishes and prayers,
Beverly

ellen w on 8/29/01 at 14:09 (058358)

Tammie,
All our thoughts will be with you,
ellen

Janet C. on 8/29/01 at 14:11 (058359)

God Bless You, Tammie! May your TT surgery go well; and you have our best wishes for your complete and rapid recovery! I will keep you in my prayers.

With Love, Janet

D.Thomas on 8/29/01 at 15:04 (058361)

I'll pass positive thoughts your way!

Julie on 8/29/01 at 15:35 (058366)

Dear Tammie

I truly hope this surgery will put you on the road to a complete recovery and I wish you courage and joy for tomorrow and thereafter.

Don't be too long away from your keyboard, please!

All the best, Julie

Pauline on 8/29/01 at 17:10 (058381)

Tammie,
Hoping your surgery goes well and you are returned to good health soon.

john h on 8/29/01 at 18:13 (058383)

tammie: i have had pf release,tts release, and chelictomy all on same foot same day. home within 4 hours and on crutches. stayed in bed two days and then went to work on crutches. pain was very minimal. elevate the feet and ask doc about ice and pain meds. you will breeze through this. while in bed please watch Days of Our Lives for me and let me know what is happening to Princess Gina,John and Gretta. If you think you got problems check this crowd out. Really, I did not have much pain at all so do not expect much pain and enjoy a few days in bed. keep the computer keyboard near so you can keep us informed. Happy days to you Tammie!

Laurie R on 8/29/01 at 23:24 (058416)

Dear Tammie ,
Like I have told you , you and only you know what it right for you . I wish you all the best .You have been through so much in the past few months you deserve to be pain free. I am sending you many postitive thoughts .... I will be thinking about you tomarrow . I see in your last post that your surgery will be at 1:00 instead... Don't ever worry about what other people think . It is your foot and you are the one in pain . Only you and your doctor know what is bested .Much love to you sweetie , Laurie R

Donna M on 8/30/01 at 02:02 (058422)

Tammie, as nice and good as you are to everyone, I pray your surgery is a breeze and the healing process is faster than any on record!! Take care and don't stay away from the board any longer than you have to~~just prop that foot up and keep on typing!! lol
You're in my prayers.
Donna

Clara on 8/30/01 at 03:28 (058426)

Hi Tammie! Thinking about you today - 11.30 - I suppose that must be evening, about 19.30 here in Sweden at that time. I will be sitting here and send some good helpful thoughts to you then!!

Hugs
From
Clara

Re: Best wishes

BrianG on 8/30/01 at 10:41 (058451)

It's 11:35am Tammy. I'm praying to the man up stairs to guide your doctors hand. Don't worry about us, you did what you had to do. Good luck

BCG

Barbara TX on 8/30/01 at 10:45 (058453)

Very best of luck, Tammie. Let us know how your recovery goes. B.

Re: we'll be waiting for you to come back

Carmen H on 8/30/01 at 12:13 (058471)

We'll be right here waiting....keep in touch the best you can but only do what's best for you. Positive thoughts and prayers are surging your way full speed ahead....take care.
Carmen

Lisa C on 8/31/01 at 02:31 (058553)

Tammie you are in my prayers! I'm just glad to see that even with all you have been through it hasn't changed your spirit. You are probably the most optimistic I 'know'! Hurry up and get better, but don't abandon us when you do. We need your bright outlook! I hope you will be in the hospital for a few days.(not outpatient) Check off that breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, receive your visitors, view your flowers and keep the tv remote in one hand & the nurses call button in the other in case you need a glass of juice... When you go home let those big kids help! Talk on the phone, read magazines, books, write letters... Someone recommended The Poisonwood Bible as a good read. (hope it wasn't you) Get someone like you to wait on you hand & FOOT!!! Rest, relax & recover! Keep your great attitude & spirit, you are going to be great!