Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cure PF using your subconscious mind?

Posted by Max K on 8/30/01 at 14:24 (058493)

I am reading one of the classic books on the subconscious mind, in which there are several descriptions of successful MENTAL healings of various diseases, including tuberculosis. Assuming that some of these stories are true, what are the chances of curing PF using your subconscious mind?

The book is 'The Power of Your Subconscious Mind' by Joseph Murphy (1898-1981).

Re: Cure PF using your subconscious mind?

paula on 8/30/01 at 21:08 (058528)

i would be interested in hearing your experience with this method. do you have a favourite technique that you are trying? keep us posted.

Julie on 8/31/01 at 03:01 (058556)

Body, mind and spirit are one entity (called ' a whole person') and not, as reductionist science has had us believe for so long, separate entities. Attitudes towards this appear to be slowly changing, and it is becoming understood that whatever happens on one level affects the others. Healing takes place on all these levels. There is a distinction to be made between curing, which is what medical science may or may not be able to do for us when we are ill or injured, and healing, which is what we bring to the process.

Healing comes from within, from the inner resources which we all have. There is much evidence that what we might call 'mental attidude' has an effect on the functioning of the immune system: we've all heard of (and I've known) individuals who have turned their faces to the wall when told they had terminal cancer, and of others who have taken the same 'death sentence' as a challenge and outlived their prognosis by years. The one isn't necessarily inevitable, nor is the other an inexplicable miracle; the two instances are simply evidence that there are different things going on in different individuals, and different forces at play.

There are too many factors involved to give a simple answer to your question about 'curing PF' with the subconscious mind. What I think you can be sure of, though, is that if you begin to understand the power of the mind, and if you do bring it into play in your overall healing programme, you will be much better able to deal with the pain and the limitations it brings to bear on your life, even if you aren't 'cured'.

Julie on 8/31/01 at 05:58 (058563)

But it goes without saying that anything you do on the mental level should be part of a comprehensive healing plan including the physical level. I assume you've seen a foot doctor and been properly evaluated, diagnosed and treated? (I'm sorry if you've posted your history before - it's hard to remember who has done what.)

Correction in first line of second para: attitude, not attidude.

Re: hey, here's an idea! (Scott R, please read)

elliott on 8/31/01 at 10:41 (058572)

Julie, you mention it's hard to remember histories, who has done what. I'm having similar problems. And a poster probably groans when asked to constantly regurgitate it. Doing a search is too burdensome and is not always successful.

It sure would be nice if there were a forum where we post just histories, so that it can be accessed by those who want to see them and offer advice. Preferably the posts could be withdrawn by the poster and updated as necessary. There wouldn't be alot of traffic on there, just histories. I think a Histories forum would help a lot.

Re: it would be cheaper than Jade :-) (nm)

elliott on 8/31/01 at 10:42 (058573)

Scott R on 8/31/01 at 12:56 (058586)

That's a good idea, but it's one of 50 good ideas I don't have time to persue, and 25 of those 50 would increase my income, but I just don't have time. For example, my homeowners insurance expires in 10 days and I may not be able to find time to write the check.

Re: In some cases, yes !

BrianG on 8/31/01 at 15:15 (058608)

Hi Max,

I come from a family of PF sufferers. My sister spent close to a week with a metiphysical healer near Washington DC. She is about 90% healed !!!! How much do you believe?

BCG

Beverly on 8/31/01 at 15:37 (058612)

You all must be better 'subjects' than I am. I've long been interested in mind/body work, and listen to guided imagery tapes most nights. I've tried light trance work in therapy. None of this cured my PF. However, I will say doing the guided imagery relaxation techniques did wonders for my ability to fall asleep on bad nights.
Beverly

Richard, C.Ped on 8/31/01 at 15:52 (058616)

Have you considered getting some help? I am sure there are many of the homebound regulars here that are good with computers. Or, I will be glad to have a page on my site where the histories can be placed. It would be easy to put a link directly to it. I would be happy to do so.
Just a thought.
Richard

john h on 8/31/01 at 17:02 (058626)

funny this subject should appear. i was discussing this with a board member recently and my feeling was my recent improvement in my pf not only conincided with ESWT, jade balm, and cherry juice but a better mindset concerning my condition. in plain english some good things have happend. i truly believe the better your frame of mind the better chance you have for healing and the faster you will heal.

Re: In some cases, no !

Barbara TX on 8/31/01 at 17:40 (058628)

Beverly - I think it was my 'mind over matter' approach to pf that SUNK my chances at a quick recovery. I was perhaps delusional about the extent to which my mental chutzpah would help me out. Even through terrific pain I would tell myself I was healing just out of my sheer faith in my body. I listened to that PBS dude (the one they put on during pledge-breaks at 4 a.m.) and I had the attitude that he was praising, but no results from it. Now I just try to have an attitude of not doing anything that hurts too much and staying positive so that I don't get depressed. Hard. I think that guy's name as Wayne. Wayne never had pf, apparently.

Don't get me wrong. I very much believe in miracles, though. However, I think that they are rare. I also seem to have gotten the hint that I am not going to wake up and just start waltzing around. In most cases it is just frustrating, rotten, boring waiting and work. B.

Barbara TX on 8/31/01 at 17:52 (058631)

John - for me, mental relief only came after some physical relief, never the other way around. One of my main problems is not letting my feet totally rule my mental life. What were the events that lightened your burden? B.

CindyKH on 8/31/01 at 18:22 (058634)

Hi Beverly....what guided imagery tapes do you use and recommend?

JudyS on 8/31/01 at 19:02 (058643)

That would be Dr. Wayne Dyer, TexBarb. Motivational/inspirational speaker and writer prolific!

john h on 8/31/01 at 19:28 (058644)

barb: is that dude Wayne of Wayne's World? if there is someone that should be able to generate good vibes it is you because you give them off. you need to hang with some good vibes people. play that song 'Good Vibrations' and heed!

john h on 8/31/01 at 19:33 (058645)

now you are getting personal barb but it is always nice if you can be surrounded by positive people. i am not talking just about your family but other people in your life. certainly you,judy,nancy and dr z who i have met face to face, are positive people in my view and having met you all, add to my life. i left jersey feeling better than when i arrived not just because of my medical treatment.

john h on 8/31/01 at 19:45 (058648)

barb: i do not know which came first the chicken or the egg? i do think that if you find the key to some happy thoughts on a daily basis you have a much better chance of improvement. i realize you cannot just say i am only going to think happy thoughts or that i will the pain away. people find changing your thought process in many different ways such as yoga,mediatation,people in your life, thearpy,spirtually and on and on. as a young woman, my thoughts are you will pull out of this one way or the other. as a philosopher start philosophizing girl.

Barbara TX on 8/31/01 at 21:54 (058664)

Yes! That is the guru I was talking about. He had bad 1980's 'chic dude' sweaters and it seemed as if he had read lots of spiritual literature. I liked listening to him. In the end I always felt worse because I couldn't access Wayne's world of ultimate power over circumstances. I felt like God's hacky-sack. Sometimes we just have to suffer and admit that we are powerless. Maybe Wayne would agree. B.

Barbara TX on 8/31/01 at 21:58 (058665)

That was a wonderful trip primarily for that reason. Imagine me on the other side of the country, all by myself, having a surgery that I had dreaded for 2 years. I had every detail spontaneously taken care of by people who had never before seen my face. I feel the same way you do. As we say down South, 'It gives me the vapors!' B.

wendyn on 8/31/01 at 23:06 (058669)

I think mental state has a lot to do with the way you cope with a physical problem. It can make it somewhat more bearable - or it can make it worse.

The job I've been in the last year is stressful and demanding. I'm working ridiculous hours - and not getting paid a dime more than before.

I get out of bed every day - and I am happy to go to work. I love my boss, I love the people I work with. I love what I do even though some of it is boring 'grunt' work that I'm overqualified to be doing anyway. The people I work with make it all worth while. They're just decent people who work hard but never give up the opportunity for a good laugh or some fun.

Even when I have flare ups of pain now - it's so much more bearable because I'm so much happier in general. It was much harder before because I wasn't happy in the first place - the pain just made everything worse.

Re: Changing and healing

Julie on 9/01/01 at 03:06 (058677)

There is a great deal we can do on a practical level to bring about change in our mental state.

Simple breathing exercises calm the sympathetic nervous system and help restore a measure of tranquillity when one is in pain or in a panic. By improving the intake of oxygen and the flow of energy, they help to lift depression.

Relaxation techniques can be learned even by the most hyperactive 'do-ers' . They undo mental as well as physical tension, improve sleep, and relieve the stress that is so detrimental to immune functioning. Overall, relaxation creates optimal conditions for our inner healing forces to work .

Simple meditation techniques develop detachment and clarity: that is, our ability to 'stand back' a little, and observe what is happening to us and how we feel about it instead of getting tangled up in our emotional and physical pain. They help us to know ourselves better.

Together, and over time, these things develop the qualities that help us to meet life's big challenges: inner strength and mental and emotional stability. They can help us to accept our pain instead of fighting it, which makes it easier to bear. They are healing.

It doesn't just happen. It's work, and needs regular, consistent practice. But anyone willing to do the work will find that it brings about beneficial change and a better quality of life.

About 'mind over matter'. I think that may be simply delusional, as Barb points out: we decide we're going to 'be positive' and try to impose that on our real state of mind (which is as it is: we can't alter it by force). It sets up an energy-wasting conflict between mind and body, and that is the last thing we want.

In contrast, healing is the bringing together, the joining, the creating of harmony on the physical, mental and emotional levels, fostering spiritual awareness and growth. And healing is always possible, even when curing is not.

John on 9/01/01 at 08:23 (058687)

i had not heard of anyone with the 'vapors' since ms daisy barb. reckon any of those northern or west coast girls get the vapors?

john h on 9/01/01 at 08:30 (058689)

julie: reading your post on relaxation i became so darned relaxed i almost fell out of my chair.

Julie on 9/01/01 at 08:56 (058695)

Great, John, but watch your feet. And look out for that sword: don't pull on the rope.

nancy s. on 9/01/01 at 10:02 (058697)

we get the vapors up here in maine. they usually follow visits from presidents whose last name begins with b.

john h on 9/01/01 at 10:09 (058698)

now barb coming down with the vapors i can understand but nancy s getting the vapors. no way jose!

JudyS on 9/01/01 at 10:12 (058700)

......only when we're thinking about you, dear John h....:)

nancy s. on 9/01/01 at 10:15 (058701)

oh yes, john! and if i could still do antiquing, i'd get myself a fainting couch, since these vapors can have you hitting the floor rather hard.

Re: Vapors for Bush?

Barbara TX on 9/01/01 at 13:50 (058714)

Nancy S, I didn't imagine you as a democrat... The vapors are nothing more than tears welling up in your eyes because you are moved, inspired, infused with joy! B.

nancy s. on 9/01/01 at 15:15 (058724)

barb, we get vapors up here for all kinds of reasons! the emotions attached to them are wide and varied.... there, i hope i've saved myself. you scared me for a moment!

Re: I like Bernie Seagal

Beverly on 9/01/01 at 20:58 (058742)

Hi Cindy,

I like Dr. Bernie Seagal's tapes the best. His take you on a journey. I never get tired of listening to them. They help me fall asleep. Easily found at Barnes and Noble. He has also written numerous books on similar topics.
Beverly

John h on 9/01/01 at 21:08 (058743)

the only thing i really know about the vapors is that there was a big time night club in Hot Springs called The Vapors. Now i can deal with that kind of Vapors. 'Feinting Couch'! only you nancy s would come up with that. we could put a touch of that cloverine salve on you if you should feint with the vapors.

Re: Mrs. Olsen and "The Vapors"

Valerie S on 9/02/01 at 10:56 (058784)

Hi.

I couldn't help remembering the episode on Little House on the Prairie when Mrs. Olsen (you know her, right? The snooty shopkeeper?) went to see Doc Baker because she believed she had a case of 'The Vapors.' It seems she was reading this romantic novel in which the heroine described coming down with the vapors... Doc Baker told her she did, indeed, have the vapors, and calmly explained to her that it was another term for gas. No wonder your eyes well up and you fall over fainting! hee hee. Another reference, I'm sure... but they lived in Minnesota, so I guess the vapors are all over this country!

Combine that with the methane the cows are putting off... wonder if there is any correlation?

hee hee.

Val.

john h on 9/02/01 at 14:13 (058811)

val: your sure know how to take the romanticism our ot the Vapors. I wonder if Vicks Vapor rub somehow is connected with the Vapors. Any southern child has had that horrible stuff rubbed on his/her chest and stuffed in thier nose.

Nancy N on 9/03/01 at 09:27 (058900)

John--

Northern children are subjected to the dreaded VapoRub, too! It falls into the same category as Cold-Eeze--stuff that is so horrid that its existence is only justified because it works. (I can still smell that stuff if I think about it for a second...ugh)

paula on 8/30/01 at 21:08 (058528)

i would be interested in hearing your experience with this method. do you have a favourite technique that you are trying? keep us posted.

Julie on 8/31/01 at 03:01 (058556)

Body, mind and spirit are one entity (called ' a whole person') and not, as reductionist science has had us believe for so long, separate entities. Attitudes towards this appear to be slowly changing, and it is becoming understood that whatever happens on one level affects the others. Healing takes place on all these levels. There is a distinction to be made between curing, which is what medical science may or may not be able to do for us when we are ill or injured, and healing, which is what we bring to the process.

Healing comes from within, from the inner resources which we all have. There is much evidence that what we might call 'mental attidude' has an effect on the functioning of the immune system: we've all heard of (and I've known) individuals who have turned their faces to the wall when told they had terminal cancer, and of others who have taken the same 'death sentence' as a challenge and outlived their prognosis by years. The one isn't necessarily inevitable, nor is the other an inexplicable miracle; the two instances are simply evidence that there are different things going on in different individuals, and different forces at play.

There are too many factors involved to give a simple answer to your question about 'curing PF' with the subconscious mind. What I think you can be sure of, though, is that if you begin to understand the power of the mind, and if you do bring it into play in your overall healing programme, you will be much better able to deal with the pain and the limitations it brings to bear on your life, even if you aren't 'cured'.

Julie on 8/31/01 at 05:58 (058563)

But it goes without saying that anything you do on the mental level should be part of a comprehensive healing plan including the physical level. I assume you've seen a foot doctor and been properly evaluated, diagnosed and treated? (I'm sorry if you've posted your history before - it's hard to remember who has done what.)

Correction in first line of second para: attitude, not attidude.

elliott on 8/31/01 at 10:41 (058572)

Julie, you mention it's hard to remember histories, who has done what. I'm having similar problems. And a poster probably groans when asked to constantly regurgitate it. Doing a search is too burdensome and is not always successful.

It sure would be nice if there were a forum where we post just histories, so that it can be accessed by those who want to see them and offer advice. Preferably the posts could be withdrawn by the poster and updated as necessary. There wouldn't be alot of traffic on there, just histories. I think a Histories forum would help a lot.

Re: it would be cheaper than Jade :-) (nm)

elliott on 8/31/01 at 10:42 (058573)

Scott R on 8/31/01 at 12:56 (058586)

That's a good idea, but it's one of 50 good ideas I don't have time to persue, and 25 of those 50 would increase my income, but I just don't have time. For example, my homeowners insurance expires in 10 days and I may not be able to find time to write the check.

BrianG on 8/31/01 at 15:15 (058608)

Hi Max,

I come from a family of PF sufferers. My sister spent close to a week with a metiphysical healer near Washington DC. She is about 90% healed !!!! How much do you believe?

BCG

Beverly on 8/31/01 at 15:37 (058612)

You all must be better 'subjects' than I am. I've long been interested in mind/body work, and listen to guided imagery tapes most nights. I've tried light trance work in therapy. None of this cured my PF. However, I will say doing the guided imagery relaxation techniques did wonders for my ability to fall asleep on bad nights.
Beverly

Richard, C.Ped on 8/31/01 at 15:52 (058616)

Have you considered getting some help? I am sure there are many of the homebound regulars here that are good with computers. Or, I will be glad to have a page on my site where the histories can be placed. It would be easy to put a link directly to it. I would be happy to do so.
Just a thought.
Richard

john h on 8/31/01 at 17:02 (058626)

funny this subject should appear. i was discussing this with a board member recently and my feeling was my recent improvement in my pf not only conincided with ESWT, jade balm, and cherry juice but a better mindset concerning my condition. in plain english some good things have happend. i truly believe the better your frame of mind the better chance you have for healing and the faster you will heal.

Barbara TX on 8/31/01 at 17:40 (058628)

Beverly - I think it was my 'mind over matter' approach to pf that SUNK my chances at a quick recovery. I was perhaps delusional about the extent to which my mental chutzpah would help me out. Even through terrific pain I would tell myself I was healing just out of my sheer faith in my body. I listened to that PBS dude (the one they put on during pledge-breaks at 4 a.m.) and I had the attitude that he was praising, but no results from it. Now I just try to have an attitude of not doing anything that hurts too much and staying positive so that I don't get depressed. Hard. I think that guy's name as Wayne. Wayne never had pf, apparently.

Don't get me wrong. I very much believe in miracles, though. However, I think that they are rare. I also seem to have gotten the hint that I am not going to wake up and just start waltzing around. In most cases it is just frustrating, rotten, boring waiting and work. B.

Barbara TX on 8/31/01 at 17:52 (058631)

John - for me, mental relief only came after some physical relief, never the other way around. One of my main problems is not letting my feet totally rule my mental life. What were the events that lightened your burden? B.

CindyKH on 8/31/01 at 18:22 (058634)

Hi Beverly....what guided imagery tapes do you use and recommend?

JudyS on 8/31/01 at 19:02 (058643)

That would be Dr. Wayne Dyer, TexBarb. Motivational/inspirational speaker and writer prolific!

john h on 8/31/01 at 19:28 (058644)

barb: is that dude Wayne of Wayne's World? if there is someone that should be able to generate good vibes it is you because you give them off. you need to hang with some good vibes people. play that song 'Good Vibrations' and heed!

john h on 8/31/01 at 19:33 (058645)

now you are getting personal barb but it is always nice if you can be surrounded by positive people. i am not talking just about your family but other people in your life. certainly you,judy,nancy and dr z who i have met face to face, are positive people in my view and having met you all, add to my life. i left jersey feeling better than when i arrived not just because of my medical treatment.

john h on 8/31/01 at 19:45 (058648)

barb: i do not know which came first the chicken or the egg? i do think that if you find the key to some happy thoughts on a daily basis you have a much better chance of improvement. i realize you cannot just say i am only going to think happy thoughts or that i will the pain away. people find changing your thought process in many different ways such as yoga,mediatation,people in your life, thearpy,spirtually and on and on. as a young woman, my thoughts are you will pull out of this one way or the other. as a philosopher start philosophizing girl.

Barbara TX on 8/31/01 at 21:54 (058664)

Yes! That is the guru I was talking about. He had bad 1980's 'chic dude' sweaters and it seemed as if he had read lots of spiritual literature. I liked listening to him. In the end I always felt worse because I couldn't access Wayne's world of ultimate power over circumstances. I felt like God's hacky-sack. Sometimes we just have to suffer and admit that we are powerless. Maybe Wayne would agree. B.

Barbara TX on 8/31/01 at 21:58 (058665)

That was a wonderful trip primarily for that reason. Imagine me on the other side of the country, all by myself, having a surgery that I had dreaded for 2 years. I had every detail spontaneously taken care of by people who had never before seen my face. I feel the same way you do. As we say down South, 'It gives me the vapors!' B.

wendyn on 8/31/01 at 23:06 (058669)

I think mental state has a lot to do with the way you cope with a physical problem. It can make it somewhat more bearable - or it can make it worse.

The job I've been in the last year is stressful and demanding. I'm working ridiculous hours - and not getting paid a dime more than before.

I get out of bed every day - and I am happy to go to work. I love my boss, I love the people I work with. I love what I do even though some of it is boring 'grunt' work that I'm overqualified to be doing anyway. The people I work with make it all worth while. They're just decent people who work hard but never give up the opportunity for a good laugh or some fun.

Even when I have flare ups of pain now - it's so much more bearable because I'm so much happier in general. It was much harder before because I wasn't happy in the first place - the pain just made everything worse.

Julie on 9/01/01 at 03:06 (058677)

There is a great deal we can do on a practical level to bring about change in our mental state.

Simple breathing exercises calm the sympathetic nervous system and help restore a measure of tranquillity when one is in pain or in a panic. By improving the intake of oxygen and the flow of energy, they help to lift depression.

Relaxation techniques can be learned even by the most hyperactive 'do-ers' . They undo mental as well as physical tension, improve sleep, and relieve the stress that is so detrimental to immune functioning. Overall, relaxation creates optimal conditions for our inner healing forces to work .

Simple meditation techniques develop detachment and clarity: that is, our ability to 'stand back' a little, and observe what is happening to us and how we feel about it instead of getting tangled up in our emotional and physical pain. They help us to know ourselves better.

Together, and over time, these things develop the qualities that help us to meet life's big challenges: inner strength and mental and emotional stability. They can help us to accept our pain instead of fighting it, which makes it easier to bear. They are healing.

It doesn't just happen. It's work, and needs regular, consistent practice. But anyone willing to do the work will find that it brings about beneficial change and a better quality of life.

About 'mind over matter'. I think that may be simply delusional, as Barb points out: we decide we're going to 'be positive' and try to impose that on our real state of mind (which is as it is: we can't alter it by force). It sets up an energy-wasting conflict between mind and body, and that is the last thing we want.

In contrast, healing is the bringing together, the joining, the creating of harmony on the physical, mental and emotional levels, fostering spiritual awareness and growth. And healing is always possible, even when curing is not.

John on 9/01/01 at 08:23 (058687)

i had not heard of anyone with the 'vapors' since ms daisy barb. reckon any of those northern or west coast girls get the vapors?

john h on 9/01/01 at 08:30 (058689)

julie: reading your post on relaxation i became so darned relaxed i almost fell out of my chair.

Julie on 9/01/01 at 08:56 (058695)

Great, John, but watch your feet. And look out for that sword: don't pull on the rope.

nancy s. on 9/01/01 at 10:02 (058697)

we get the vapors up here in maine. they usually follow visits from presidents whose last name begins with b.

john h on 9/01/01 at 10:09 (058698)

now barb coming down with the vapors i can understand but nancy s getting the vapors. no way jose!

JudyS on 9/01/01 at 10:12 (058700)

......only when we're thinking about you, dear John h....:)

nancy s. on 9/01/01 at 10:15 (058701)

oh yes, john! and if i could still do antiquing, i'd get myself a fainting couch, since these vapors can have you hitting the floor rather hard.

Barbara TX on 9/01/01 at 13:50 (058714)

Nancy S, I didn't imagine you as a democrat... The vapors are nothing more than tears welling up in your eyes because you are moved, inspired, infused with joy! B.

nancy s. on 9/01/01 at 15:15 (058724)

barb, we get vapors up here for all kinds of reasons! the emotions attached to them are wide and varied.... there, i hope i've saved myself. you scared me for a moment!

Re: I like Bernie Seagal

Beverly on 9/01/01 at 20:58 (058742)

Hi Cindy,

I like Dr. Bernie Seagal's tapes the best. His take you on a journey. I never get tired of listening to them. They help me fall asleep. Easily found at Barnes and Noble. He has also written numerous books on similar topics.
Beverly

John h on 9/01/01 at 21:08 (058743)

the only thing i really know about the vapors is that there was a big time night club in Hot Springs called The Vapors. Now i can deal with that kind of Vapors. 'Feinting Couch'! only you nancy s would come up with that. we could put a touch of that cloverine salve on you if you should feint with the vapors.

Valerie S on 9/02/01 at 10:56 (058784)

Hi.

I couldn't help remembering the episode on Little House on the Prairie when Mrs. Olsen (you know her, right? The snooty shopkeeper?) went to see Doc Baker because she believed she had a case of 'The Vapors.' It seems she was reading this romantic novel in which the heroine described coming down with the vapors... Doc Baker told her she did, indeed, have the vapors, and calmly explained to her that it was another term for gas. No wonder your eyes well up and you fall over fainting! hee hee. Another reference, I'm sure... but they lived in Minnesota, so I guess the vapors are all over this country!

Combine that with the methane the cows are putting off... wonder if there is any correlation?

hee hee.

Val.

john h on 9/02/01 at 14:13 (058811)

val: your sure know how to take the romanticism our ot the Vapors. I wonder if Vicks Vapor rub somehow is connected with the Vapors. Any southern child has had that horrible stuff rubbed on his/her chest and stuffed in thier nose.

Nancy N on 9/03/01 at 09:27 (058900)

John--

Northern children are subjected to the dreaded VapoRub, too! It falls into the same category as Cold-Eeze--stuff that is so horrid that its existence is only justified because it works. (I can still smell that stuff if I think about it for a second...ugh)